What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lawyer is literally a prostitute. (1 Viewer)

Sears, who works with her husband at the firm of Clark & Sears, carries her side hustle into her advocacy, taking on prostitution cases pro bono to help sex workers in trouble, suing brothels that allegedly fail to pay their workers, and advocating for decriminalization to help combat sex trafficking practices that flourish while the industry is kept in the shadows.
:o

I love how every hooker is like “I’m doing this because it empowers me!”  I don’t care if someone wants to bang all the time, that’s they’re prerogative but don’t give me this empowerment garbage. You’re getting paid to screw, not refusing to sit on the back of the bus. 

I believe I would be uncomfortable if my wife was a prostitute actively plying her trade during our marriage.  I believe I would be uncomfortable with my law partner being a prostitute and actively publicizing that fact.

But yeah - no way I’d be married to her.  Not sure if it’s covered in the article but the dude has to have free license for strange, right?

Guilty as charged.

Now I do appreciate her working a second job to help support the marriage.
The worst part about her side hustle is that this is the beginning of her bio on her law firm’s page:

Katherine Sears

**If I’m not at a court appearance, I usually work from home so that I’m around to be a mom for my kids.  I can meet at the office for client meetings, but I usually have a baby in my lap on days I’m working from home. 

Looking up her husband he has been suspended from practice for DUI and domestic violence with his ex. Also some suicidal ideation during the DV incident.  

Pretty nutty couple.

Hmmm, to each his/her own but something sad about her lifestyle based on her profile on the firm's site

**If I’m not at a court appearance, I usually work from home so that I’m around to be a mom for my kids.  I can meet at the office for client meetings, but I usually have a baby in my lap on days I’m working from home.**

I have always said that I do not care how people recreate, fornicate, or intoxicate so long a they leave me and mine out of the splash zone.  That applies here.  It is not for me, the complexity of their lifestyle, work life, or relationship, but since it does not directly effect me I am O.K. with their choices. (And who would care if I were not?) Still, fascinating choices.

I love how every hooker is like “I’m doing this because it empowers me!”  I don’t care if someone wants to bang all the time, that’s they’re prerogative but don’t give me this empowerment garbage. You’re getting paid to screw, not refusing to sit on the back of the bus. 
She's not talking about sociopolitical power.

“You can say, ‘No sex without a condom.’ You can say, ‘No sex until we’re married.’ But you can’t say, ‘No sex until you pay me’? And that feels like it really undermines what consent means,” Sears said.

While Sears said she’s shy, she feels empowered being a sex worker.

“I think the more we talk about it, the better our chances are of getting decriminalization that we’re pursuing,” Sears said. “We’re not going to have legislation change if we’re passive about it.”

Sure about that?

“You can say, ‘No sex without a condom.’ You can say, ‘No sex until we’re married.’ But you can’t say, ‘No sex until you pay me’? And that feels like it really undermines what consent means,” Sears said.

While Sears said she’s shy, she feels empowered being a sex worker.

“I think the more we talk about it, the better our chances are of getting decriminalization that we’re pursuing,” Sears said. “We’re not going to have legislation change if we’re passive about it.”

Sure about that?
You're conflating two different concepts -- the concept that sex workers feel empowered, and the concept that public discussion will lead to acceptance and decriminalization.

If you feel the need to be judgy, that's fine. But it's just a little weird and maybe a tad misogynistic to tell someone that their feelings of empowerment are invalid.

I saw the thread title, clicked to come in here and say "I'm pretty sure you didn't mean literally" and then saw that @Ditkaless Wonders was the OP.  Obviously he doesn't misuse the word "literally."

She looks a lot like an ex of mine from college used to look.  Hopefully for her clients she is a more skilled practitioner.

The question is: which job has the higher billing rate?
I think I saw this on Inside Edition last week. She said she works 3 weeks at a time in NV and makes $55K per stint. I think that's gross income (pun not intended). Not sure how many trips to NV per year she makes.

I'd let her get ahold of my briefs if you know what I mean.

If you don't know what I mean I'm talking about my underwear.  Because "briefs" can mean both "legal papers" and "mens underwear".  
I still don't get it.  She's a prostitute, I don't think she works at a laundromat.

From another article:

”While working in the brothel, she starts her day with three hours of prep in the morning, between showering, black soap, exfoliating, washing and drying everything. A busy day for Sears means 10 to 15 clients.”

don’t know how the husband is ok with that. 

From another article:

”While working in the brothel, she starts her day with three hours of prep in the morning, between showering, black soap, exfoliating, washing and drying everything. A busy day for Sears means 10 to 15 clients.”
 In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion. 

From another article:

ANSWER:  “She said she works 3 weeks at a time in NV and makes $55K per stint.”

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I would be uncomfortable if my wife was a prostitute actively plying her trade during our marriage.  I believe I would be uncomfortable with my law partner being a prostitute and actively publicizing that fact.
Yeah, I can chalk up the wife as a prostitute to them having some unique fetish or arrangement, but the bolded is the part that I'm struggling most with to understand.  

From another article:

It’s just a type of soap.  All kinds of people use it 

From another article:

Sears Toolshed - quality stuff.  

Christo said:
A second man paid her between $25 and $70 in cash or an equivalent amount in DVDs or gift cards for sex on at least 15 occasions between 2007 and 2011, according to the complaint. Bajaj graduated from Northern Illinois University law school and became a licensed attorney in 2010.

That same year, she had sex with the second man in exchange for about $70 worth of office supplies for her legal practice in Sycamore, according to the complaint.
huh? So office supplies is the new Spanish fly??

Users who are viewing this thread