What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Classic "too much fiddling" for me.  I kept tinkering and didn't actually use information and just thought there were better plays.  I had a good lineup to begin with a few ideas here and there.  Mostly Barkley, Ekeler, Zeke as the core with some cheap WR's.  Moved off it to pay up for Kamara and pivot off some other plays because I thought tinkering was a good idea.  

It wasn't

Lost this week but I'll be better next week and keep the process, just making sure my plays come from information rather just tinkering the lineup.  

Going same as last week - 3 cash LUs in 2x/3x/5x contests, then about $2 in 25cent contest and $1 in big gpps.  

LU1 = Mahomes - Kamara/D.Will/Ekeler - J.Brown/Metcalf/T.Williams - Andrews - Pats.   If Andrews is a no-go, then I will to go Hockenson or do a 1v1 of Engram/Texans instead of Andrews/Pats.  
Not sure I agree or like this 3 cash LU thing.   This was my favorite one and it crushed for 185.62 pts.  

The one I used from the FBG optimizer barely missed by a point at 136.22pts.  Kamara and Carson brought that one down.  

The one I pivoted off from LU1 above was a 60pt swing.  That ended up with 123.22.  Woods and Hockenson were terrible.  Texans were OK, but obviously Pats were the play.  

0% of my gpps or contests besides the LU I used above hit either, so $15 in, $12.75 out.  I think that puts me down about $17 on the season - frustrating way to start the NFL year.  

Finally had a big week with a L.Jackson/Pats D lineup that scored 220. Finished top 40 in the DK millionaire maker. I debated switching out Watkins for another WR prior to the late games, but  didn't do it. Wish I had done it, but I'll take the win. That lineup scored big for me in another contest as well. The only tough part was missing out on the King of the Beach qualifier ticket by .08 pts. That lineup went from $10k to $50 on one catch. But overall a fantastic week. 

Finally had a big week with a L.Jackson/Pats D lineup that scored 220. Finished top 40 in the DK millionaire maker. I debated switching out Watkins for another WR prior to the late games, but  didn't do it. Wish I had done it, but I'll take the win. That lineup scored big for me in another contest as well. The only tough part was missing out on the King of the Beach qualifier ticket by .08 pts. That lineup went from $10k to $50 on one catch. But overall a fantastic week. 
That's awesome - congrats!

Despite 3 from Ben managed to win cash contests thanks to NE D ,Eckler and Andrews. My Mahomes,Hardman,Kelce $1 GPP cashed for $3. A small winning week with $14 in and $15.50 out.

KarmaPolice said:
That's awesome - congrats!
Thanks! I played 30 lineups and it was the one that I entered in the most contests, so got a bit lucky there. 

It also presented the classic gpp game strategy lineup decision prior to the late games starting, with only one player left in my lineup and first place within striking distance. Do you make the shark move to switch to a cheaper WR that would likely be owned by 0% of the ~50 teams above or stick with Sammy Watkins who appeared to be owned by at least a couple teams above and several teams below with with more than one player left. What would you have done?

I opted to go chalk as it was clear that just 1 TD from Watkins would have put me in the top 10. If the cheaper WR choice busted, it would have dropped me to 250th place or worse. It was a super tough choice but as it turned out, switching to D. Robinson would have been the winning play, while Mecole Hardman, Cooks, or Kuup would have gotten me in the top 10 or better. R.Woods finished worse. I didn't even consider E.Sanders. The winning lineup in the millionaire maker ended up having D. Robinson and E.Sanders and I finished 10 points back with Watkins. A handful of teams also finished ahead of me with Watkins and only 1 team with Kuup. It's always easy with hindsight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread