What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank the tight ends - week 1 (1 Viewer)

Ertz led all TEs in targets and receptions last season, and (still) plays on a top offense.

He's still a top 3 TE.
I think the addition of Jackson/Goedert being a legit target is going to hurt his value this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
A once thin position is suddenly pretty deep with some young talent.

IMO

1  Kelce...just in a tier overall on his own.

2-3.  Kittle and Engram in that next tier for now.  I think its almost personal preference which one you put ahead of the other.

4-8 Id probably still lean Ertz here at the top of this next tier with Hockenson, Walker, Waller and Andrews in that order...but could mark Delanie down with injury history if you like.

9-12 Henry, Howard, Njoku, McDonald...and not even sure what order really for those guys.

you just watched Hockenson break the NFL TE rookie record in his first game.

you know and saw he's being scripted into the gameplan (aka, not a fluke)

no mention.

you just watched Hockenson break the NFL TE rookie record in his first game.

you know and saw he's being scripted into the gameplan (aka, not a fluke)

no mention.
I REALLY want to grab him with my waiver spot, but I’m dangerously thin at receiver with Tyreek going down.

But flexing the Hock sounds like fun.

took him (Hock) at 6 overall in our long running dynasty PPR league rookie draft (actually, i didnt have a 1st round pick, and bought back in to get him) and have him in my long running keep 3 league as well (only play in 2 leagues)

received PLENTY of txts about him after yesterday. now, that being said, i started njoku over him in both leagues, i had no idea he'd explode immediately

took him at 6 overall in our long running dynasty PPR league rookie draft (actually, i didnt have a 1st round back, and bought back in to get him) and have him in my long running keep 3 league as well (only play in 2 leagues)

received PLENTY of txts about him after yesterday. now, that being said, i started njoku over him in both leagues, i had no idea he'd explode immediately
You took who?

Tex

I watched the Detroit preseason, saw designed plays for the Hock, noted it was an ex-Pat (see what I did there?) coaching Detroit, and grabbed him wherever I could and felt it reasonable. He's in the Top Ten discussion, at least.

He just dropped 19.30 standard on unsuspecting opponents. That's ridiculous. 

1. Kelce

2. Ertz

3. Kittle

4. Engram

5. Howard

Not too many changes from last week for me other than flip-flopping Engram/Howard.  I think Ertz and Howard will both settle in if they stay healthy.

A once thin position is suddenly pretty deep with some young talent.

IMO

1  Kelce...just in a tier overall on his own.

2-3.  Kittle and Engram in that next tier for now.  I think its almost personal preference which one you put ahead of the other.

4-8 Id probably still lean Ertz here at the top of this next tier with Hockenson, Walker, Waller and Andrews in that order...but could mark Delanie down with injury history if you like.

9-12 Henry, Howard, Njoku, McDonald...and not even sure what order really for those guys.
This post pretty much says it all for me. 

1. Kelce

2. Kittle

3. Engram

4. Hock

5. Waller

6. Andrews

7. Ertz

8. Henry
There's THE 8 in some order depending on your preferences, but don't forget about Chris Herndon, who's upside is just about as high as anyone's.

Those 9 (with Herndon) could be arranged in all kinds of legit ways depending on how much you fade age, etc. (assuming dynasty).

I heard someone mention TJ Hockenson with a comparison to Gronkonian like.

What if Gronk comes back cuz he sees another ring and one more multi-million dollar run? Patriots kinda outta money, but with re-structuring they could fit Gronk into their winning strategy. Gronk has to be a top 5, right? Is he a hold? Shark play? Or bench fodder?

I heard someone mention TJ Hockenson with a comparison to Gronkonian like.

What if Gronk comes back cuz he sees another ring and one more multi-million dollar run? Patriots kinda outta money, but with re-structuring they could fit Gronk into their winning strategy. Gronk has to be a top 5, right? Is he a hold? Shark play? Or bench fodder?
Certainly a chance he comes back with AB in town, but might wanna check out his stats from last year.

Maybe he was just hurt, but he was dreadful.

Certainly a chance he comes back with AB in town, but might wanna check out his stats from last year.

Maybe he was just hurt, but he was dreadful.
Yep he was a nightmare to own last year, and finished TE11.

That's a huge miss as a 2nd/3rd round pick.  As a WW pickup though, what the heck.  Only Kelce has a higher ceiling.

Don't really disagree with the rankings so far but simply wanted to point something out -- IIRC Arians didn't use TE's at all in his AZ days -- I wouldn't count on OJ Howards useage increasing.

1 kelce

2 kittle

3 engram

4 ertz

5 mark andrews

Discuss
Kelce

Ertz

Kittle

Engram

Andrews

I don't know that Andrews ends up a top 5 TE, although he certainly looks like the real deal.  Howard, Henry, Walker, Hockenson, Cook, and others may have something to say about that, however.

higgins said:
Don't really disagree with the rankings so far but simply wanted to point something out -- IIRC Arians didn't use TE's at all in his AZ days -- I wouldn't count on OJ Howards useage increasing.
Exactly.

Hot Sauce Guy said:
1. Engram

2. Everyone else

signed

-Engram owner
Almost regret snagging Engram and gone with another WR/RB in that round, with guys like Waller and Hockensen looking like they could nearly fill the bill.

Almost.

Almost regret snagging Engram and gone with another WR/RB in that round, with guys like Waller and Hockensen looking like they could nearly fill the bill.

Almost.
 My plan was to take Engram if he fell  to the point that I thought he was a great value, and if I missed I was targeting Waller or Hawkinson. 

I have Cook and picked up Waller Sunday morning. Would you guys drop Cook or Waller for Hock?
That's really hard to say after one week. I'm keeping Cook and going Hock then Waller for priority for what it's worth. Having some combination of the three you should be set at TE though. 

Joe Summer said:
Why did I waste money on O.J. Howard?!?
I think he’ll be ok. His efficiency has been great first two years. Targets are a question w Arians to be sure but if he can stay healthy I think he’ll produce 

I think he’ll be ok. His efficiency has been great first two years. Targets are a question w Arians to be sure but if he can stay healthy I think he’ll produce 
Howard is going to the bench.   Talent is there.  Targets are not.   

Almost.
Was very happy I grabbed Waller in the late rounds of a 14 team as potential trade bait, but you've got me thinking now.  Trying to figure out who I can package with Engram to go after a stud somewhere and just roll with Waller the rest of the way. 

Not one mention of perennial top 5 TE Delanie who had a two TD game.

This is a good sign to trade for him

Not one mention of perennial top 5 TE Delanie who had a two TD game.

This is a good sign to trade for him
Only because of age.  Everyone likes him, kinda like Vernon Davis with no Reed. He1's 35 and 1 game each of the past two seasons.  Its not what he produces, its about potential to miss time.

• Smile
Reactions: Bri

Users who are viewing this thread