What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***************2019 Kansas City Chiefs Thread*************** (1 Viewer)

ChiefD

Footballguy
Didn't see one. Not sure if there are enough Chiefs fans here to care.

But I care. Their schedule is tough. Won't get the #1 seed this year thanks to the Patriots being able to create their own schedule. Our BBQ is great and our women are hot enough.

I love Mahomes. And homemade french fries. Have a good day.

all in baby....!!

nothing much to say except they hung 40 on what was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league at their house....probably could have been 50+.....at least 44 since Mahomes tried to be cute and misses Kelce...

the Hill injury is pretty concerning but they have enough talent and speed to still be really dangerous and cause problems.....if Reid is still able to design plays allowing the Chiefs to continue to get those chunk yardage plays with guys seemingly wide open, they will be ok...

little concerned about the pressure teams are able to get on Mahomes in the pocket....would love to see more roll out to give him some time/space....biggest fear is exactly what happened, pocket collapses and defenders are more than happy to unload a little extra body weight on him and give a little extra when they get shots that won't be penalized...

Shady was a great addition.....

Didn't see one. Not sure if there are enough Chiefs fans here to care.

But I care. Their schedule is tough. Won't get the #1 seed this year thanks to the Patriots being able to create their own schedule. Our BBQ is great and our women are hot enough.

I love Mahomes. And homemade french fries. Have a good day.
This part is more than true. Dated a girl from Overland Park years ago and have nothing but great memories of a wonderful, friendly city upon visiting. 

all in baby....!!

nothing much to say except they hung 40 on what was supposed to be one of the best defenses in the league at their house....probably could have been 50+.....at least 44 since Mahomes tried to be cute and misses Kelce...

the Hill injury is pretty concerning but they have enough talent and speed to still be really dangerous and cause problems.....if Reid is still able to design plays allowing the Chiefs to continue to get those chunk yardage plays with guys seemingly wide open, they will be ok...

little concerned about the pressure teams are able to get on Mahomes in the pocket....would love to see more roll out to give him some time/space....biggest fear is exactly what happened, pocket collapses and defenders are more than happy to unload a little extra body weight on him and give a little extra when they get shots that won't be penalized...

Shady was a great addition.....
All of this, and I also hope that defense can get it together. I didn't see much in scheme or anything to give me any hope that they can hold against the likes of the better offenses in the league.

Tim Grunhard was on the radio this morning talking about the Chiefs offensive line and brought up some very good points. For anyone who watches the Chiefs on a regular basis, they have been getting smoked up the middle on pass plays.

He mentioned how the Chiefs lineman are having a hard time switching off when the D-line and linebackers are running stunts and other trickery up the middle.  It's become a trend with this team, and if they can't fix this Mahomes won't last the year.

Mahomes is a tough QB, but he took a ton of punishment in this last game. Bears watching as we move forward. 

Carr looked good with no pressure against the Donks. Hopefully Spags can disguise some pressure and confuse him Sunday.

What do you think it will cost to land a young, cheap stud CB with 3 years left on his contract?

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1172415964937195520

Make it happen Veach!
Yeah, this one is interesting. It looks like Fitzpatrick's best position is slot corner, which Fuller plays pretty well. If we bring this guy in and Fuller has to go to the outside, not sure we are gaining much there.

Fuller is not very good as a traditional corner if my memory serves me right. 

Agree. If he stands back there like Menshew did last week the Chiefs are in for a dog fight. 
It is a little concerning that a Fangio coached defense with Chubb and Miller got zero pressure on him.....however it was a hot potato in Carr's hand...90% of the time he was passing....he was getting it out quick...

It is a little concerning that a Fangio coached defense with Chubb and Miller got zero pressure on him.....however it was a hot potato in Carr's hand...90% of the time he was passing....he was getting it out quick...
This strikes me as accurate. Gruden had guys (converted TEs, no less) running corner fades at their own twenty. Two best OL are out for the Raiders, though two years ago they were supposed -- supposed -- to have a great OL. I think they grade out mediocre, which isn't too bad. 

Last edited by a moderator:
HULLOBUDMAN said:
D played well this week after a rough start. Strange game with all the scoring coming by halftime.
Yeah, that game was an odd one. 

1. Chiefs pass blocking was pretty darn good yesterday, even after losing Fisher.

2. Conversely, their run blocking was horrible.

3. I'm still not convinced on the defense. Yet. This week will be the big test.

4. That second quarter was just insanity. After that first quarter I thought we were in for a fight. The whole team just looked sluggish. Then - WHAM.  :lol:

This woman called the AB rape 4 days before it was public. She also called something else a few days prior to happening. I'm going to say pretty credible.

Replying to @Tews19 @KsirSatan and @RyanMc23

Yes actually. Ramsey to the Chiefs for draft picks. Should be announced in the upcoming days

Elizabeth Garcia

@lizgarcia901111

Replying to

@JoshuaDonaldson

Don’t expect it to be announced until Friday the earliest. Hearing it’s gonna be completed and made official after the Jags Thursday night game

This woman called the AB rape 4 days before it was public. She also called something else a few days prior to happening. I'm going to say pretty credible.

Replying to @Tews19 @KsirSatan and @RyanMc23

Yes actually. Ramsey to the Chiefs for draft picks. Should be announced in the upcoming days

Elizabeth Garcia

@lizgarcia901111

Replying to

@JoshuaDonaldson

Don’t expect it to be announced until Friday the earliest. Hearing it’s gonna be completed and made official after the Jags Thursday night game
If this is happening there is no way the Chiefs should allow this trade AFTER he plays another game. 

Meaning - if this trade goes down it needs to go down before he plays Thursday so it doesn't get hurt in that game.

If this is happening there is no way the Chiefs should allow this trade AFTER he plays another game. 
I am not sure how I feel about this whole thing. Sounds like an all in move which I will like but damn, alot of draft capital and then you have to pay him huge $$$, not to mention he could disrupt this team chemistry.

I am not sure how I feel about this whole thing. Sounds like an all in move which I will like but damn, alot of draft capital and then you have to pay him huge $$$, not to mention he could disrupt this team chemistry.
Agree. It's funny - I'm both for this trade and against this trade.  :lol:

Week 3 in the books. Some quick observations:

1. Baltimore is a really good team. 

2. Our defense needs to be better. Too many signs still of a defense just not having the manpower or scheme necessary to stop the top offenses in the league. BUT, they did have several stops yesterday and they were nails on the two point conversion tries. 

3. Darwin Thompson getting carries when they were trying to run out the clock was a little baffling to me. Unless Reid was really trying to see what kind of stones the kid had in that type of scenario to see if he is getting close to being a contributor.

4. Not sure who has control of the time-outs during the two minute drill, but my hunch was it is Reid. If so, he should have called his last time-out with 18 seconds left instead of 10, and they would have had the chance to bury the Ravens with a TD at the end of the first half. Mahomes was steamed...

5. Which brings me to: Mahomes was steamed a couple of times yesterday, and I was glad to see him take the ownership. On one occasion, he had words for his center when he had a bad snap on the 4th down play where the snap was basically on the ground. Also, at the end of the half he was visibly upset about the way the last 18 seconds went down. He went over to the sidelines, and it looked to me he vented to a member of the staff (I'm guessing his quarterback coach) instead of directly to coach Reid. To me, that shows a passion but also professionalism by not trying to show up his head coach. This kid is a leader. Love him.

I'll add:

I am somewhat disappointed with the scheme to date. I imagined more of a Jim Johnson, constant pressure from all angles type plan from the D (not just in this game but overall). If they give up some long TD early in the games, it would be ok. The O has enough fire power to overcome. It may just be that the defensive backfield is just too over-matched to allow this. That being said, the D looks to be closer middle third instead of bottom to me which would represent some improvement.

I dont think Ingram's dominance in the run game in the second half is that worrisome. Why not let the team down 3 scores run the ball?

Shady definitely has something left in the tank. Could be a huge addition and I think eventually when healthy he ends up with greater than 50% of the workload.

I posted this in another thread but I think the loss of Hill will help the team ROS and in the long run. These reps for Robinson and Hardman are huge. Watkins is going to get cut next year to free up money for Chris Jones and PM. Hopefully they can re-sign Robinson to fill that role at a fraction of the cost that they would have for Watkins ($21m).

I am somewhat disappointed with the scheme to date. I imagined more of a Jim Johnson, constant pressure from all angles type plan from the D (not just in this game but overall). If they give up some long TD early in the games, it would be ok. The O has enough fire power to overcome. It may just be that the defensive backfield is just too over-matched to allow this. That being said, the D looks to be closer middle third instead of bottom to me which would represent some improvement.
Yeah, I would agree with this.

It's so hard to judge though. After that first drive by the Ravens, the defense DID have some stops in that second quarter which allowed the offense to get going. And once that big lead is there, teams are in such come-back mode that things get all wacky in second halves. 

The Ravens, to their credit, stayed patient and stayed on the ground, which probably threw a curve ball at Spagnoulo. But he needs to adjust quicker, in my opinion.

Well, the Chiefs are a mess. Let me count the ways:

1. Offensive line cannot block anyone at this point.

2. Mahomes is hurting.

3. Defense cannot stop the run.

4. Injuries all over the place.

Now the Texans come to town. This could be another ugly one for the Chiefs. At this point, Reid hasn't figured out the last two weeks of defensive schemes. And Spagnoulo hasn't shown me enough to believe he can put his guys in the best positions to win. And now Chris Jones is hurt too.

Roster depth is awful (clearly). 

They better figure it out quick. 

Well, the Chiefs are a mess. Let me count the ways:

1. Offensive line cannot block anyone at this point.

2. Mahomes is hurting.

3. Defense cannot stop the run.

4. Injuries all over the place.

Now the Texans come to town. This could be another ugly one for the Chiefs. At this point, Reid hasn't figured out the last two weeks of defensive schemes. And Spagnoulo hasn't shown me enough to believe he can put his guys in the best positions to win. And now Chris Jones is hurt too.

Roster depth is awful (clearly). 

They better figure it out quick. 
Shady or Darrel in space solves more problems than Damien between the tackles.  Even if they can't run block very well right now, they can still use their RBs effectively.  Against Indy they became one-dimensional and predictable, backing themselves into the corner of protecting Mahomes against the pass rush.

:2cents:  

That knee injury didn’t look good, so any chance the chiefs try and trade for Mariota or maybe sign Kap? Just the first names that came to mind, but what does everyone think they will do to stay afloat if Mahomes misses time. 

That knee injury didn’t look good, so any chance the chiefs try and trade for Mariota or maybe sign Kap? Just the first names that came to mind, but what does everyone think they will do to stay afloat if Mahomes misses time. 
I think they'll do nothing and they'll lose.

Sooooo.........

1. Whoever the replay advisor is for the Chiefs needs to be fired immediately.....it was easy to see they were going to lose the first challenge on the long pass....his hands were clearly under the ball.....we could see it sitting on our sofas and we do not get paid to do this ####.....then when the replay guy should have been telling Reid to tell them to hurry up and snap the ball when they got a generous spot on the first down they wait and wait and wait allowing GB time to challenge....and they had to then punt....again sitting at home yelling at the screen "snap it snap it, snap it".....if we can see these from the comfort of our living rooms, how does a team not have someone competent in Reid's ear....

2. Moving forward this year and long term.....IMO one of the only things that will keep the Chiefs from winning are turnovers.....they almost lost the DET game because they did not protect the ball and allowed DET to punch it out like three times.....Chiefs still put up 34 and won, but they could have scored 50....

3. IMO.....they shouldn't even try to return kicks or punts.....just give Mahomes the ball at the 25.....and I like my chances....muffing a punt or fumbling on the return just isn't worth it....plus just about every kicking play has some type of penalty on the return and that backs them up anyway......KC did have a nice return last night, but to me thats an outlier.....

4.  the defense is getting better....they play better when being more aggressive, hope it continues when they get healthy on that side of the ball.....all in all it seemed like they did a pretty good job containing Rodgers.....he exploited the LB covering the RB's, but I put that on the coaches....it was frustrating seeing them not adjust and put in a different package that prevented that matchup....

5. Mahomes returning and the defense playing better has me a little more optimistic than I was a few weeks ago, even though they have lost 3 games.....(all at home).....

6.  when they are all healthy the amount of talent and speed on the offensive side of the ball is just ridiculous......again if they avoid turnovers, I think they can beat just about anybody even if the defense struggles.....if they can just get like 2 "stops" a game, they have a chance....unfortunately Brady and that running game/quick passing game will be tough to beat because they will just drain the clock, and that defense is no joke and may force the Chiefs to punt on occasion....

:2cents:

Users who are viewing this thread