What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ross, Hockenson, Waller, McLaurin oh my (1 Viewer)

Jamesinaz

Footballguy
In a quandary wrapped in a conundrum.  

I already own Waller and Andrews in the TE position.  But Hockenson also looks like the real deal and he is a FA.  But, I think I need another WR a lot with Tyreek missing time and Ridley now being my lead WR.  Or maybe Gallup is now I don't know.  Ross is available as is McLaurin.  BUT of course I have limited roster space.  I am struggling to sort out the best path.

I think I should pass on Hockenson and grab Ross or McLaurin depending on who falls to me.  People I could possibly drop from the roster include A Miller (yes), G Bernard (I don't think so), C Samuel (?).

Any opinions welcome and I am beginning to think when I draft a player in the first round they should take out extra insurance.  No the first time my first pick hurt in season opener and missed a lot of time.

And of course I need to know by tonight to put in my claims.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rank them in this order:

1. Hockenson - He is going to continue his production.  Maybe not that good but he will be a focal point
  2. McLaurin - Can't argue with his snap percentage and he was targeted a lot against a good secondary in a game they led most of the game.  Just missed another long TD.
  3. Waller - lots of receptions going to happen this year. 
  4. Ross - Don't trust him to stay healthy or to keep doing this. 

My league is pathetic at trading.  And I only have tonight to do so.  I think I'm going to focus on dropping Miller for Hockenson and figure out how to trade one of the 3 TEs for a WR.  Assuming I get Hockenson.  If not I'll grab one of the WRs.

Thanks

can you play 2 TE? if so then grabbing a 3rd may not be a waste of a spot.  You said your league is hard to trade in so if you grab a 3rd and can only play one you may be stuck killing another bench spot.  So if only one, i would go after the WR. If you can play two then go after the TE.

Yeah trading is hard.  But if all 3 light it up again I will find a trade partner.  So I'll go for the best talent and worry about it later.  I think McLaurin is going to slide by the league anyway.  Might get both.

Users who are viewing this thread