What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you comfortable DROPPING after week 1? (1 Viewer)

rickyg

Footballguy
This could also be coined an under/over reaction thread.  

We all know who the big time WW targets are this week (from John Ross to Malcolm brown etc.). 

But I want to know what players the group in here thinks it’s safe to drop. 

For instance, justice hill?  After one week?  Safe to drop him for a Malcom brown?  Carlos hyde?  John Ross?  I think it’s too early.  

Who are the guys you think it’s not too early and it’s safe to drop them for your ww add after week 1?

Corey Davis. He may have some decent games but I'm done waiting on this guy. Especially when newer guys and a TE are out targeting him.
And who would you pick up on the wire that is worth dropping Davis for?  Let’s not forget he had over 900 yards receiving last year even as the titans passing game was hot garbage.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Guice and even Washington nearing the end of the line I guess considering my investment (1st rnd rookie) I need to sit tight w/ Guice Unless something hard to turn down arises Dunno about Washington tho I mean Ben said he was confused last season Guess it's like his first yr now? I dunno

I also appear to have extra weight  Jordan Howard   Its not like Carlos Hyde who I added than dropped knowing he will have a good season   Not so much worth the cost of future players tho  Howard could get traded or see an injury etc.  I don't wanna just give a dub away

This could also be coined an under/over reaction thread.  

We all know who the big time WW targets are this week (from John Ross to Malcolm brown etc.). 

But I want to know what players the group in here thinks it’s safe to drop. 

For instance, justice hill?  After one week?  Safe to drop him for a Malcom brown?  Carlos hyde?  John Ross?  I think it’s too early.  

Who are the guys you think it’s not too early and it’s safe to drop them for your ww add after week 1?
If you drafted Justice Hill as a week 2 play and you are dropping him now you are doing it wrong.

Understand if you really need someone but wouldn’t drop a nice flier for bench lottery ticket running back.

Not wanting to turn this into a Justice Hill thread or nothing   But how you guys rank this guy exactly   I mean by the end of the season ya think he's an every-down back or what exactly?  I'm just asking because I probably have to go big to acquire the guy   But I see his name a bit too much it seems

Not wanting to turn this into a Justice Hill thread or nothing   But how you guys rank this guy exactly   I mean by the end of the season ya think he's an every-down back or what exactly?  I'm just asking because I probably have to go big to acquire the guy   But I see his name a bit too much it seems
Only if Ingram gets hurt...

Kalen Ballage.  It's going to be a long season in Miami.  Ronald Jones or Carlos Hyde would be a step up.
I think thisnis fair.  Miami is a dumpster fire like we have not seen in ages.  Even the 2016 Cleveland browns felt like less of a dumpster fire.  Miami coaching staff is throwing it out there for all to see that they are tanking.  Terrible team and terrible game scripts for an average rb.  Pass.  

I never saw him as a featured back this year.  I viewed him as a guy with a unqique skill set that makes him the best and most logical option for passing down work and to spell Ingram.  He is electric and I think the ravens will incorporate him more and more into the offense.  Maybe like a Darren Sproles type role?  But that is valuable on a team that puts such onus on running the ball and the RBs. 

Hat analysis for me has not changed after one weird game and with him being a rookie.  He was always a bench stash for me.  However I can see dropping him for another be on a good offense with a more defined and substantial role.  Like Malcolm brown or even Carlos hyde.  We can all bash hyde all we want but he looked great last night and split the work with duke.  He’s on a high powered offense and he will get the GL looks.  And he’s got a chip on His shoulder 

I think this week is getting overreacted everywhere. Drop Ebron? Samuel? Are we dropping all Falcon RBs? Devante Adams? Take a deep breath. 

A wise man once said “sometimes the best move is the one you don’t make”
That was my signature for the longest time. That being said....I too am dropping Davis for T Williams. 

I thin Davis has the talent. I don't like the situation. No catches??? No thanks.

Guice and even Washington nearing the end of the line I guess considering my investment (1st rnd rookie) I need to sit tight w/ Guice Unless something hard to turn down arises Dunno about Washington tho I mean Ben said he was confused last season Guess it's like his first yr now? I dunno
I'd probably wait it out on Washington. Moncrief has never been good, and looked like the worst WR in the NFL in week 1. Washington feels like a guy who could be a fantasy starter in a few weeks, once the Steelers figure out their WR's. 

100% overreaction on both.  Why?
Samuel? Four targets...the offense revolves around Cam/McCaffrey, then Moore, Olsen, then Samuel. Maybe he picks it up, but I have a hard time seeing him be dependable consistently.

And Jackson? He didn't look too bad. Kind of decent, actually. But it seems to be Ekelor's show. 

Samuel? Four targets...the offense revolves around Cam/McCaffrey, then Moore, Olsen, then Samuel. Maybe he picks it up, but I have a hard time seeing him be dependable consistently.

And Jackson? He didn't look too bad. Kind of decent, actually. But it seems to be Ekelor's show. 
The lack of targets is what bothers me as well. He's definitely behind McAffrey, Moore and Olsen in the pecking order. I think I'd rather rely on John Brown than Samuel. Tough choice but I think Brown will be more consistent and he's clearly the team's first option.

And who would you pick up on the wire that is worth dropping Davis for?  Let’s not forget he had over 900 yards receiving last year even as the titans passing game was hot garbage.  
 He has had 5 games over 6.9 pts in his entire 28 game career. Literally trash

Dropping Corey Davis, Jordan Howard, and Barber.
Jordan Howard will have better days. He was running hard and I think the Eagles want to use him in the Blount role from 2017 where he will be a fresh hammer later in games to grind a team down. They also want him fresh for the 2nd half of the season. 

Jordan Howard will have better days. He was running hard and I think the Eagles want to use him in the Blount role from 2017 where he will be a fresh hammer later in games to grind a team down. They also want him fresh for the 2nd half of the season. 
I don't disagree but I'll let it be someone else have the head ache to figure out when to start him. 

I never saw him as a featured back this year.  I viewed him as a guy with a unqique skill set that makes him the best and most logical option for passing down work and to spell Ingram.  He is electric and I think the ravens will incorporate him more and more into the offense.  Maybe like a Darren Sproles type role?  But that is valuable on a team that puts such onus on running the ball and the RBs. 

Hat analysis for me has not changed after one weird game and with him being a rookie.  He was always a bench stash for me.  However I can see dropping him for another be on a good offense with a more defined and substantial role.  Like Malcolm brown or even Carlos hyde.  We can all bash hyde all we want but he looked great last night and split the work with duke.  He’s on a high powered offense and he will get the GL looks.  And he’s got a chip on His shoulder 
Hill looked good, but Ingram also showed some burst on the 50 yard run and on another run. Ingram is still a top complete back.

Dropping Corey Davis, Jordan Howard, and Barber.
I, too, and dropping Barber, trying to target Malcolm Brown and RoJo, potentially AP for the short term.

I wonder if that might be an overreaction with the team committed to starting Barber again. Not like the TB run game is dependable, but seems like swapping one worn out shoe for the other in the pair. RoJo might have looked better, but situation and offense may cap him at the exact same level as Barber.

I, too, and dropping Barber, trying to target Malcolm Brown and RoJo, potentially AP for the short term.

I wonder if that might be an overreaction with the team committed to starting Barber again. Not like the TB run game is dependable, but seems like swapping one worn out shoe for the other in the pair. RoJo might have looked better, but situation and offense may cap him at the exact same level as Barber.
Honestly i think its more of a respect start for Barber. Arians left the door open with Barber starting but going to "ride the hot hand" I'm feeling a change of the guard soon. Thursday will be interesting to watch.

I'm snatching Pettis if anyone drops him. He's just in the doghouse a bit but good chance for him to come out of it.

In a RB strong team where I am missing a top WR, I have Pettis, Goodwin, Moncrief, Kirk sitting on my bench. 

Im dropping Goodwin for one of McLaurin, M Brown or Ross hopefully. 

Pettis I think was on limited snaps this week due to coming back from injury so will wait to see how that pans out. I think he can return to form. 

The signs aren’t good with Moncrief so far, but he was targeted a hell of a lot at the weekend there. Perhaps Washington properly usurps him but it’s maybe worth waiting a week or so to see if he can convert targets into fantasy points. 

Kirk I will obviously keep. 

Goodwin is the one to let go, had to be one of the 49ers guys really, just taking an educated guess to keep the one I prefer 

Users who are viewing this thread