What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who are you comfortable DROPPING after week 1? (1 Viewer)

Dante Pettis.

I am a very data-driven FF player who likes to trend towards a range of expected outcomes. I drafted Pettis in the 9th round, 120th overall in a 14 teamer with the assumption he was an ascendant #1 in a San Fran attack, and since the summer Pettis has had

1) Kyle Shanahan 'challenging' him at every turn after a case of the training camp dropsies

2) Two new rookie WRs on an offense already heavily dominated by George Kittle.

3) a lingering groin injury

4) Having to build a rapport with Jimmy Garoppolo, a QB who looks completely out of sorts

In Game 1 after being listed as the #1 WR he plays 2 snaps and when asked why Shanahan gave the most Shanahan reason ever. That's way too many negatives to overcome for a guy I drafted late when there are a bevy of better options I could get cheap via FAAB. So yeah, I'm getting off that train.

I have both Pettis and Godwin. Its like pick your poison or take strong medicine.

Going to ride them both 1 more week, but the QB play needs to imrpove as well as theirs.

My suspicion is that neither is on my roster week 3 - and thats dynasty.

Is there current Gordon news I haven't heard?
well, reportedly he will return in 6-8 weeks: https://chargerswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/08/report-chargers-rb-melvin-gordon-to-return-in-6-8-weeks/

i'm not saying it totally tanks jackson's value and there is still a lot that could happen.  i'm just saying that it could change the calculus on jackson's overall prospects this season a bit.  maybe a potential gordon return was already baked into a lot of people's expectations.  i know that i got more interested in jackson when thinking about a scenario where gordon is traded or doesn't play at all.

Dante Pettis.

I am a very data-driven FF player who likes to trend towards a range of expected outcomes. I drafted Pettis in the 9th round, 120th overall in a 14 teamer with the assumption he was an ascendant #1 in a San Fran attack, and since the summer Pettis has had

1) Kyle Shanahan 'challenging' him at every turn after a case of the training camp dropsies

2) Two new rookie WRs on an offense already heavily dominated by George Kittle.

3) a lingering groin injury

4) Having to build a rapport with Jimmy Garoppolo, a QB who looks completely out of sorts

In Game 1 after being listed as the #1 WR he plays 2 snaps and when asked why Shanahan gave the most Shanahan reason ever. That's way too many negatives to overcome for a guy I drafted late when there are a bevy of better options I could get cheap via FAAB. So yeah, I'm getting off that train.
Going to ride this train one, maybe two more stops. In my opinion, if you don't know what you have after 3 games, you don't have anything worth keeping. However, I believe it's relatively difficult to trust one game's worth of info. FTR I think you're probably correct. 

I'd probably wait it out on Washington. Moncrief has never been good, and looked like the worst WR in the NFL in week 1. Washington feels like a guy who could be a fantasy starter in a few weeks, once the Steelers figure out their WR's. 
I agree that Moncrief looked bad.  However, this might be more the case of Washington having limited ability to run the route tree.  I don't see Washington run much more than go routes.

Dropped Ballage and been trying to trade Jaylen Samuels to the Conner owner.

I would drop Winston if I had him.  He should only be used to fill in on bye weeks.

Thought I'd see more Darwin Thompson mentions here. Or did everyone else already bail before the opener?

Marvin Jones Jr for Hollywood Brown

Considering Henderson for Malcolm Brown who for some reason made it through waivers.

Pettis and Corey Davis are also players I have shares of that I'm considering...maybe hold for a couple more weeks there.

I dropped marvin jones, robby anderson, and winston.  Imo, backups should be high ceiling players who can help win a league.  A 60 yard rb/wr addition isn't going to do that.

Considering Henderson for Malcolm Brown who for some reason made it through waivers.

Pettis and Corey Davis are also players I have shares of that I'm considering...maybe hold for a couple more weeks there.
Did the same thing

Samuel? Four targets...the offense revolves around Cam/McCaffrey, then Moore, Olsen, then Samuel. Maybe he picks it up, but I have a hard time seeing him be dependable consistently.
my exact reasoning... although I haven't pulled the trigger yet.  (league in question limits number of moves) 

Dropped Justin Jackson. May be premature but I need the roster spot and I don't think any other owner will rush to pick him up so I may have a shot to grab him back

Thought I'd see more Darwin Thompson mentions here. Or did everyone else already bail before the opener?
I'm still holding.  I didn't draft Thompson to play week 1 or week 2 this year.  But the kid has the talent to be the lead back on that team and he only has a 31 year old and a jag to beat out.  I'm holding till week 6 or so at a minimum.  The upside of having the lead back in KC is worth the roster spot for a month or two.  None of the rookie wr's or Ross are going to be more than flex play bye week fill in and I think most of them will be very up and down week to week.  

I am dropping Russel Wilson in one league were I have K. Murray and was scared to start him week 1.  Also dropping J. Jackson for M. Brown if I win with my 15% bid (unlikely).  

The lack of targets is what bothers me as well. He's definitely behind McAffrey, Moore and Olsen in the pecking order. I think I'd rather rely on John Brown than Samuel. Tough choice but I think Brown will be more consistent and he's clearly the team's first option.
He played 92.5% of the snaps and plays TB this week. I would hold for another week at minimum. But I agree he is behind CMAC & DJ Moore. Olsen, that's iffy considering his injury history. Who knows how long he will be healthy.

for who? They are not always gonna check it down to Crowder - being lined up w/ Tre'Davious White on most of your routes is no easy task
Was considering dropping for Tyrell Williams, but he was claimed before my priority. For what's currently available, i'd consider dropping Anderson for the following:

• DK Metcalf
  • John Ross
  • even the aforementioned Crowder

FWIW, my leagues are all .5PPR, so these WR's who can catch a bunch of check-downs are a bit more beneficial

And who would you pick up on the wire that is worth dropping Davis for?  Let’s not forget he had over 900 yards receiving last year even as the titans passing game was hot garbage.  
Maybe he was a big reason why the Titans passing game was hot garbage?

I had Frank Gore on a roster for the lone fact BUF listed him as RB1.  Having seen week 1 performance, I felt just fine dropping him for a better lottery ticket or WW pickup.

Decided on the bold.  This is a keep 2 league so the near term is more important.

I'm dropping Garoppolo for either Darnold or Josh Allen...not an earth shaking drop; but will only play my QB2 the week that Brees is on bye or if Brees gets hurt.  

Brees bye week is 9. that week Allen plays WAS and Darnold plays at MIA.

Garoppolo plays ARI that week...maybe I am overthinking this now that I type it out.

No one else on my roster I am thinking of dropping at this point.  Too early to make a rash decision.

I'm dropping Garoppolo for either Darnold or Josh Allen...not an earth shaking drop; but will only play my QB2 the week that Brees is on bye or if Brees gets hurt.  

Brees bye week is 9. that week Allen plays WAS and Darnold plays at MIA.

Garoppolo plays ARI that week...maybe I am overthinking this now that I type it out.

No one else on my roster I am thinking of dropping at this point.  Too early to make a rash decision.
I'm in a 2-QB league and Jimmy G is my 2nd QB (took him over Josh Allen, uhghhhh), seriously considering benching him this week and starting Gardner Minshew over him, lol.

Boy, that sentence makes me realize how fast fantasy football comes. Imagine typing that sentence two weeks ago.

Here's the moves I did make this week

Drop Darrell Henderson, pick up Malcolm Brown

Drop Jameis Winston, pick up Chris Thompson

Drop Eagles DST, pick up Texans DST

I'm in a 2-QB league and Jimmy G is my 2nd QB (took him over Josh Allen, uhghhhh), seriously considering benching him this week and starting Gardner Minshew over him, lol.

Boy, that sentence makes me realize how fast fantasy football comes. Imagine typing that sentence two weeks ago.
I'm thinking of starting Minshew (had Foles as my 3rd but dropped him for GM) over Cousins in my Superflex also.  Not scared of a 10-pass repeat for Cousins, just taking a shot on Minshew, he looked good week 1

Last edited by a moderator:
 So in this thread (which could also be named WEEK ONE OVER-REACTIONS) we -

DROP JUSTICE HILL - Possibly the best lottery ticket in all of fantasy.  Did you really draft this guy to start week 1-2?   This is a long term hold guys, and one with a massive upside at that.

DROP ERIC EBRON - I get the hate, losing  ANDREW LUCK etc..... but they still posted up 24 on the Chargers, who by all accounts have a solid defense. Let's talk numbers. Even if you doubters take away 40% of Ebron's production last year , he would still have ended up somewhere around TE10. Uhh, FORTY PERCENT. :shrug:   Hold, unless you are desperate elsewhere.

DROP DERRIUS GUICE -  Were you not encouraged by some progress in the preseason? You didn't exactly draft him to be an RB1 in week 1...... The fact that  ADRIAN PETERSON was a healthy scratch should tell you something. Guice should be a hold damn near everywhere.  The injury concerns are noteworthy, but he is a hold nonetheless.

DROP MIKE EVANS - Here is a newsflash.....Jameis Winston has always been hit and miss. Even at Winston's best Evans had occasional bad games.  I guess the fact Evans was in and out sick, PLUS 90+ degree heat is going largely unnoticed. Top 25 WR AT WORST . Drop at your own peril.

If you are giving up the ship on some of these guys after week 1, then I question why you ever drafted some of these guys to begin with.

TZM

Users who are viewing this thread