What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Does anyone use Yahoo! To host their leagues? (1 Viewer)

LaFours

Footballguy
We’re pretty tired of espn’s lack of keeper integration.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with yahoo, or maybe some other service they use for their leagues. One that doesn’t charge a fee is preferred but if the cost isn’t too much that could work as well.

Thanks

Not sure how the keeper function works, but Sleeper has been a cake walk for my dynasty leagues.  I know they have a keeper function.  

We use to be on Yahoo, I switched all my commissioner leagues over to Sleeper though. 

I'm in 1 redraft league and it's on Yahoo...personally don't care for it, just seems like so many ads and busy.  For all my dynasty leagues we use MFL but they do charge.

Use Yahoo across three leagues. The only small problem with Yahoo is sometimes waivers run late. Other then that its great.

Was commissioner for a league for the last 7 years on Yahoo using keepers, auction, and trades using players and auction dollars. I found it to be pretty easy to use and change keeper costs, budgets, etc. Always got fast replies on the 3-4 occassions I had questions for support, too. 

Shocked at all the Yahoo love.  First year ever not using it and it feels so good.  They wouldn't be so bad if they could just email you when a player is added or dropped.

Yahoo is awesome and free. 

ESPN is free too, but sucks 
TRUTH...... ^^     Extremely user friendly.

Like any platform, it takes a bit to get used to, but compared to most of the mainstream sites, I love it.  Even to the point where it discourages me from using other sites. (and makes me hesitate joining leagues hosted elsewhere)

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Shocked at all the Yahoo love.  First year ever not using it and it feels so good.  They wouldn't be so bad if they could just email you when a player is added or dropped.
:eek:

no way I want emails for every move in all my leagues... would overrun my inbox. 

They all track on the league homepage, and you get emails when your waivers run. 

Use Yahoo across three leagues. The only small problem with Yahoo is sometimes waivers run late. Other then that its great.
Little tip for yahoo.... 

Waivers run pretty early but they don’t fully process until late. HOWEVER, if you look at ~midnight PT (or earlier), players who were claimed turn to W status, and players who weren’t become FA and can be picked up. 

If you’re like me and like to snipe dibs on the FAs without losing waiver priority, you can technically grab folks well before waivers fully run...  

I grabbed 2 guys at 2:05CT but waivers didn’t fully run until 3:57CT

shhhh 

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:

no way I want emails for every move in all my leagues... would overrun my inbox. 

They all track on the league homepage, and you get emails when your waivers run. 
I love getting emails for those moves.  It's a quick look at your phone and delete.   When you're in a lot of leagues it's ####ty to have to check daily which players become available.  Will never play in a yahoo league unless I need to. 

Users who are viewing this thread