What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop OJ Howard for Hock or Waller? Am I crazy? (1 Viewer)

Drop OJ Howard for:

• Hock

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Waller

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Neither! Are you crazy?!?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Avery

Footballguy
Small league.  10 team PPR with short benches.  Start QB/2RB/2WR/TE/Flex(RB,WR,TE)/D.  Only 5 bench spots.

I'm have Andrews (who looks to be a more reliable target than OJ Howard) and OJ Howard at TE while Hock and Waller as on the wire

I know, I know... don't overreact to week 1 but, as a wise man said, react.

My rationalization to do this:
1. Hock and Waller will have consistent targets.  They are both clearly a significant part of the offense.
2. Winston's offensive line is weak which may force Howard to stay into to block more.  Plus Winston just doesn't look like a very good QB.

I don't want to throw away all the pre-season rankings after just one week and OJ Howard was ranked high for a reason, but I don't want to hold onto pre-season rankings now that things may have changed under live fire and miss my opportunity.

Am I crazy?  Would love to hear your thoughts! 👊

I never had OJ Howard as a player to target.  Arians doesn't seem to be a TE guy so I was not on board with Howard being so high.  The fact the Hock & Waller (sounds like a good team name) seem to be focal points of the offense while Howard will never be is reason enough to pull the trigger on the move.  I would have no issue doing so but I would try and move Howard for help elsewhere first. 

Users who are viewing this thread