Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The_Fungi

I Vetoed a Trade

"Oh, crap! I accidentally cancelled that trade. Repost it so we can vote. Sorry."

4 hours ago, Courtjester said:

Is this a six team league? 

Yes, he has 5 younger sisters.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The_Fungi said:

So there was a trade that was accepted in my league and I felt in was insanely lopsided. 

Give: Brady and Fournette

Get: Kyler Murray and Barkley

As the commish I didn't want to risk people not seeing the trade and voting and definitely did not want to see the trade go through. (The person who would have gotten Barkley has McCaffrey and Maholmes)

Was I in the right to veto?

So explain to us what you thought was lopsided about it, because we’re not seeing it.  Just because the guy would have Mahomes, CMC, and Barkley doesn’t mean you as butthurt commish get to overturn the trade.  If you’d canceled this trade and it was mine I’d drop my entire team and quit the league. 

1 post?  You may just want to stop there chief.

I think you were right, there are plenty of leagues where there are fools that are easily fleeced.  

This is a horrible trade that would piss off the entire league.

Good for you guy.  

6 hours ago, ChiefD said:

No.

A squirrel eating a plate of chicken nachos wouldn't even veto that trade.

First thing that came to mind for me as well

• Like 2

Too many guys in here are too full of themselves.  There are way too many people in fantasy football leagues with friends that aren't very good at it.  

Allowing a couple of people to take advantage of others less knowledgeable isn't cool.  

I have a 23 year league where we don't have a veto process - it isn't a problem.  We don't vote on allowing trades (people are just going to vote in their own best interest anyway) and the commissioner doesn't review them.  If something egregious occurred we could look at it ...but it's all for the good of the league.   

This trade is a POS.  Unless CMC or Barkley gets hurt ...it turns into a very lop-sided league.  

1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Too many guys in here are too full of themselves.  There are way too many people in fantasy football leagues with friends that aren't very good at it.  

Allowing a couple of people to take advantage of others less knowledgeable isn't cool.  

I have a 23 year league where we don't have a veto process - it isn't a problem.  We don't vote on allowing trades (people are just going to vote in their own best interest anyway) and the commissioner doesn't review them.  If something egregious occurred we could look at it ...but it's all for the good of the league.   

This trade is a POS.  Unless CMC or Barkley gets hurt ...it turns into a very lop-sided league.  

I don't think vetoes should be used unless collusion is involved. If someone makes a stupid trade, that's on them. Sucks if the competitive balance of the league is impacted, but you can't shave a blind squirrel with a yardstick.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, sports_fan said:

I don't think vetoes should be used unless collusion is involved. If someone makes a stupid trade, that's on them. Sucks if the competitive balance of the league is impacted, but you can't shave a blind squirrel with a yardstick.

Yeah ...in relatively equal leagues, when you have some newbies or morons get shellacked - it hurts everybody.  

8 hours ago, ChiefD said:

Imagine that squirrel. He clearly wants attention. First off he somehow procures a plate of nachos, and then gets them up in a tree. That alone says "LOOK AT ME MOTHER####ERS. I AM A SQUIRREL.EATING A PLATE OF CHICKEN NACHOS. IN A TREE."

So you look. He got what he wanted. Some rube on the ground looked up and saw him eating nachos, probably thinking to himself....wtf is a squirrel doing eating a plate of chicken nachos?

That wasn't even enough for the squirrel. He decided to rub it literally in that guys face by wearing a kilt, which in this scenario being high above the ground would automatically show his nuts to the guy below. So in the span of just a couple of minutes that squirrel became something that some random dude saw, who probably went home and told his girlfriend about it, who probably said something along the lines of:

"You are a ####### moron."

So at the end of the day, we have a pretty resourceful squirrel who had the wherewithal to somehow get a plate of chicken nachos into a tree, and had the wardrobe flexibility to not only have the kilt in the first place, but the genius idea to wear it on a day when just the chicken nachos would suffice.

The squirrel double-whammy: it's legendary and really all you need to know.

Can someone who knows someone get this pinned with the burrito eating contest, IT = info and that time rockaction immolated himself?

8 hours ago, ChiefD said:

No.

A squirrel eating a plate of chicken nachos wouldn't even veto that trade.

I missed this story.  

1st post. Has to be a troll. There has to be a different forum this can be moved to.

8 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

rockaction immolated himself

Go on...

32 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Go on...

Think he had to remove some ribs first like Marilyn Manson.

• Laughing 1

Being a FF league commissioner is often a thankless PITA job. Being able to reverse trades that the rest of the league finds acceptable,  don't involve collusion and don't benefit you is a nice perk though.

11 hours ago, sports_fan said:

....you can't shave a blind squirrel with a yardstick.

Have you even tried???

If this would have happened in a league 3 years ago, I would have thought this was another lone star alias....

21 hours ago, McJose said:

Get Greg Camarillo active.

fixed