What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Has Nadler lost it? (1 Viewer)

Don't Noonan

Footballguy
I can't remember seeing a political figure so out of touch.  If he proceeds with impeachment proceedings he is gifting 4 more years of Trump.  

Will this huge misstep cost the Democrats?  Polls show folks in the middle don't want impeachment and want to move past this Russia conspiracy nonsense.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, since there are so, so, so many connections between Trump, his family, and his campaign to Russia, and all those indictments, and the many, many on-going investigations resulting from the Muller Report, and all the guilty pleas, and guys sitting in prison, I think Nadler should press on.

In my opinion, since there are so, so, so many connections between Trump, his family, and his campaign to Russia, and all those indictments, and the many, many on-going investigations resulting from the Muller Report, and all the guilty pleas, and guys sitting in prison, I think Nadler should press on.
Even if it may cost the 2020 election?

Many people, including me, don’t think he’s going nearly far enough. 

But it won’t affect the election one way or the other. 

Yeah....because an impeachment proceedings during an election year is going to HELP the President.
Yeah I never understood this idea...seems to be a GOP talking point that many Democrats have adapted for some reason.

Airing all of his dirty laundry in public hearings is gonna help him win the election. Ummm, sure. That makes sense. 

:crazy:

Yeah I never understood this idea...seems to be a GOP talking point that many Democrats have adapted for some reason.

Airing all of his dirty laundry in public hearings is gonna help him win the election. Ummm, sure. That makes sense. 

What dirty laundry do you expect to have someone find? Two years of Mueller wasn't enough?

What dirty laundry do you expect to have someone find? Two years of Mueller wasn't enough?
No, Mueller's report was specifically aimed at this end- for congress to decide whether or not to impeach.

And considering the countless instances of the Trump campaign meeting with Russians and then lying profusely about it, yeah I think it's a good idea.

There was no chance that the Senate would vote to remove Trump before.  There is even less than that chance once Trump becomes the Republican's official nominee for 2020.  I still think Dems should do it.

There was no chance that the Senate would vote to remove Trump before.  There is even less than that chance once Trump becomes the Republican's official nominee for 2020.  I still think Dems should do it.
I don't think that's the case.. IF the House can put together a valid list.. Public pressure will build on the GOP.  And more important it will put President Trump more on the record with his twitter usage and that is going to cost him at some point..

I don't think that's the case.. IF the House can put together a valid list.. Public pressure will build on the GOP.  And more important it will put President Trump more on the record with his twitter usage and that is going to cost him at some point..
His twitter usage is a reason to impeach?

Exactly...might come as a shock to some, but doing the right thing because it's the right thing means something to some of us out here.  I can't control that the Senate would never consider the doing the right thing should he actually be impeached.

Exactly...might come as a shock to some, but doing the right thing because it's the right thing means something to some of us out here.  I can't control that the Senate would never consider the doing the right thing should he actually be impeached.
Agree. I would guess a lot of people are tired of Congress making decisions to do or not do things based only on whether or not that thing helps them get re-elected.

Here's the thing, there is no basis to impeach Trump so it would be a huge mistake.
I guess we will see.  Outside of those that blindly follow the President, seem to think that he has.  So we will see where the facts are, if there is nothing to hide, why are they refusing to corporate with the House!  

It is possible that the House comes up with nothing which helps President Trump, but if they do turn up something.. lets see what that  is.

I guess we will see.  Outside of those that blindly follow the President, seem to think that he has.  So we will see where the facts are, if there is nothing to hide, why are they refusing to corporate with the House!  

It is possible that the House comes up with nothing which helps President Trump, but if they do turn up something.. lets see what that  is.
What do you expect them to turn up that Mueller didn't find?

It is possible that the House comes up with nothing which helps President Trump, but if they do turn up something.. lets see that it is.
I can't think of anyone who blindly follows the President, for sure nobody on this forum.  The Mueller report was presented and yes they was some possible areas of obstruction but nothing that warrants impeachment.  The whole basis of the investigation turned out to be a nothingburger as Mueller concluded no collusion/conspiracy.

The whole "this will hand 2020 to Trump" shtick is just my favorite.  Noonan has never come across an action that the left could perform that won't end this way. It's lunacy.

Impeach him now. Literally the only thing that would give me pause in pulling the lever for straight Dem ticket in 20 is if they are too cowardly to do what's right between now and then.

The whole "this will hand 2020 to Trump" shtick is just my favorite.  Noonan has never come across an action that the left could perform that won't end this way. It's lunacy.

Impeach him now. Literally the only thing that would give me pause in pulling the lever for straight Dem ticket in 20 is if they are too cowardly to do what's right between now and then.
One thing is for sure.  If @Herb disagrees with me I know I am right!

I can't think of anyone who blindly follows the President, for sure nobody on this forum.  The Mueller report was presented and yes they was some possible areas of obstruction but nothing that warrants impeachment.  The whole basis of the investigation turned out to be a nothingburger as Mueller concluded no collusion/conspiracy.
That we will see..  I agree they need more than the Mueller Report, and there seems to be a lot of gray areas that the President pushes... but is that enough?  I am not sure.  I will say that its not a good thing for either side to go down this road, because no one will win no matter how this turns out. 

You never get tired of repeating this lie.

Yeah, nobody gives a #### about Russia.  Only reason Nadler tripled down on it and drug out Mueller’s corpse for an impeachment hearing is because the Democratic Party has nothing left to offer voters without upsetting their corporate base.  Nadler’s a joke, party’s a joke, and they’re probably going to lose to Trump. 

Got it. Couldn't find anything in the substance of my post to warrant your typical 'report' response, so you resort to this. Seems about right.

The mods must be beyond sick of you by now.
I am not the one always taking personal shots.  Go enjoy yourself and quit worrying about a message board!

One thing is for sure.  If @Herb disagrees with me I know I am right!

I am not the one always taking personal shots. 
That seemed a tad personal.  Don't worry, though. I won't report you and beg for your post to be deleted like you do on the regular. 

And if you're insinuating I take personal shots, I don't.  I take shots at crappy posts that have no root in reality, especially when repeated ad infinitum by posters that traffic in lies. I'm not insinuating that you fit this description, of course. Just speaking generally.

Have a great day.

That seemed a tad personal.  Don't worry, though. I won't report you and beg for your post to be deleted like you do on the regular. 

And if you're insinuating I take personal shots, I don't.  I take shots at crappy posts that have no root in reality, especially when repeated ad infinitum by posters that traffic in lies. I'm not insinuating that you fit this description, of course. Just speaking generally.

Have a great day.
Again with the personal attacks.  You seem to be an intelligent person so perhaps your bias is showing when you complain about me reporting someone when they clearly abuse the board rules and are over the line.  Funny how you don't post about them and you like their posts.  Good stuff Herb!

Friendly reminder: Russia is our #1 adversary. They want to make us weaker because it makes them stronger. The Russians are not our friends. If you help Russia, you hurt the USA.

Our President is helping Russia. Russia is helping our President. Our President should be impeached, then removed from office.

Here's the thing, there is no basis to impeach Trump so it would be a huge mistake.
As the Mueller report clearly showed there are multiple incidents of obstruction of justice and then there are also incidents of violations of the emoluments clause. If the House decides to impeach they have enough cause for the inquiry IMO. Whether or not there is enough evidence for conviction and removal from office is another matter. Also, clearly the Republicans in the Senate have no intention of honoring the Constitution and being impartial jurors even if he was put before them. Sad and shameful.

Again with the personal attacks.  You seem to be an intelligent person so perhaps your bias is showing when you complain about me reporting someone when they clearly abuse the board rules and are over the line.  Funny how you don't post about them and you like their posts.  Good stuff Herb!
 You are the absolute last person that should ever lecture someone about bias around here. I make it a point to not like posts that contain personal attacks. I didn't like the @Bob Sacamanopost about you that got him suspended, it was way over the line.

I also make it a point to not put posters on ignore, as at some point everyone has something valuable to add. You are literally the only person here that makes that philosophy a challenge. Good stuff Noonan!

Let's be done sidetracking your awesome, unbiased little thread here, ok?

Don't Noonan said:
Remember back in the good old days when some Republicans still had an ounce of integrity when Senator Graham said if President Trump tried to fire Mueller that would be the end of his Presidency. Well he did try to fire him but then Republicans rolled over and flopped  like a fat sow in the mud. 

I like Nadler rooting around and reminding us how unfit Trump is for President from emolument issues to lying about knowing about illegal campaign fund usage etc but at this point don’t favor impeachment. Let the US citizens vote him out in 2020 as a means of impeachment. Republicans in the Senate are too sleazy to impeach one of their own anyway so the actual process is pointless except to expose the President and Republicans.

dozer said:
Friendly reminder: Russia is our #1 adversary. They want to make us weaker because it makes them stronger. The Russians are not our friends. If you help Russia, you hurt the USA.

Our President is helping Russia. Russia is helping our President. Our President should be impeached, then removed from office.
the 1980's are calling.  They want their foreign policy back!

the 1980's are calling.  They want their foreign policy back!
I’m sorry 1980’s. You’ve dialed the wrong number

July 2017

President Trump is now faced with a decision on whether to sign into law new sanctions meant to punish Russia for interfering in last year's presidential election, after the Senate overwhelmingly approved the measure Thursday.

The bill, the first major foreign policy legislation to emerge from Congress since the president took office, also includes sanctions on North Korea and Iran. It easily passed the Senate in a 98-2 vote after sailing through the House by a similarly veto-proof 419-3 margin.

Users who are viewing this thread