What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Drop Kareem Hunt? (1 Viewer)

Mkha2240

Footballguy
0.5 PPR - 10 Team - 1 QB | 2 WR | 2 RB | 1 TE | 1 Flex | DST | K | 6 Bench | 1 IR
QB: Brees
WR: Evans, Golladay, A Robinson, Fitzgerald, Marquise Brown, Tate*
RB: Barkley, Mixon, J White, Montgomery, Hunt*
TE: Njoku
DEF: Chargers
K: Fairbairn

This league's playoffs are Week 14-16 with 6 teams entering. Do I drop Kareem Hunt (not slated to come back until Nov. 5th aka Week 10) or stash him till then? I just suffer with two bench spots: 3 more weeks till Golden Tate returns from suspension but 9 more weeks for Hunt. What would you do? Leave your question link too and I'll respond. Thanks.

This question cannot be answered in a vacuum.  IF there is someone that can help you now that improves your starting lineup right now then I have no problem dropping Hunt.  If you are dropping him for some other bench fodder with no upside then I would keep Hunt.  This is all dependent upon who you are dropping Hunt for. 

Gally said:
This question cannot be answered in a vacuum.  IF there is someone that can help you now that improves your starting lineup right now then I have no problem dropping Hunt.  If you are dropping him for some other bench fodder with no upside then I would keep Hunt.  This is all dependent upon who you are dropping Hunt for. 
Oh boy, I completely left that part out - my bad. I'm looking to keep a spot open (in case Marquise Brown ends up seeing high targets & yardage).

QB: There's Goff, Carr, Garoppolo, and Stafford (so that's no issue right now, I'll just stream for the bye week and call it a day).
RB: Available are Guice, Penny, Henderson, Bernard (cuff to Mixon if he remains out), and Thompson (I could stash Guice for when he comes back but I'm a bit iffy).
WR: Westbrook, Coutee, Amendola, D-Thomas, Chris Conley, and a few others.
TE: McDonald, Olsen, Burton, Ebron, Graham, Rudolph, and Reed.

Think anyone of the players are viable or just stash Hunt and roll with what can be done when Brees goes to bye week?

Oh boy, I completely left that part out - my bad. I'm looking to keep a spot open (in case Marquise Brown ends up seeing high targets & yardage).

QB: There's Goff, Carr, Garoppolo, and Stafford (so that's no issue right now, I'll just stream for the bye week and call it a day).
RB: Available are Guice, Penny, Henderson, Bernard (cuff to Mixon if he remains out), and Thompson (I could stash Guice for when he comes back but I'm a bit iffy).
WR: Westbrook, Coutee, Amendola, D-Thomas, Chris Conley, and a few others.
TE: McDonald, Olsen, Burton, Ebron, Graham, Rudolph, and Reed.

Think anyone of the players are viable or just stash Hunt and roll with what can be done when Brees goes to bye week?
In your situation I would drop Hunt for Bernard.  Having Mixon gives you the need to make sure you have a playable guy in that spot.  I actually don't think Hunt will do much this year unless Chubb gets injured.  He is out for the first 9 weeks and there is no way you will play him week 10 (barring a Hunt injury).  So the soonest you will get anything from him would be week 11...…..and that is only if he has a significant role in week 10 (which I doubt).

In your situation I would drop Hunt for Bernard.  Having Mixon gives you the need to make sure you have a playable guy in that spot.  I actually don't think Hunt will do much this year unless Chubb gets injured.  He is out for the first 9 weeks and there is no way you will play him week 10 (barring a Hunt injury).  So the soonest you will get anything from him would be week 11...…..and that is only if he has a significant role in week 10 (which I doubt).
Thanks, I might as well just do that. However if Mixon returns to full health (which seems like so since he's practicing), I might just sit tight with Hunt and see if any other team spikes interest for him (know some people wanted to draft him badly late - who knows what I can score with him).

Users who are viewing this thread