What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*OFFICIAL 2019 RE-DRAFT TRADES THREAD* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
No thread on this yet, but we should definitely have one to help try and gauge trade value in our redraft leagues.

Please try and use a tiny bit of context, to help explain the trades. (No full rosters needed)  :lol:

Things like "Team A is WR needy, team B is RB needy" etc....this will work.

ALSO post any unusual starting requirements.....like my personal leagues are mandatory START 3 WR LEAGUES. Note this and other slightly different starting requirements/scoring may make certain trades more appealing than others.

I have made one trade already, I'll post it shortly.

TZM

I made this trade in a standard 12 teamer, MUST START 3 WRs.

TEAM A - Gives MATT BREIDA........  (extremely WR needy)

TEAM B - Gives JULIAN EDELMAN...... (needed a RB)

I hated giving up Breida, especially  after the Tevin Coleman news. But the black plague set in to my WR corps in week 1 and I had to acquire a starter. (Week 1 I rolled out Tyreek Hill, JuJu and Anthony Miller, essentially all were hurt or gimpy going in)

Its probably also worth noting that since this is a start mandatory 3WR league, the free agents are essentially a wasteland. There is nothing on the wire.

I never like parting with a RB, but I had to make this maneuver.

What else do you guys have so far?

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
both last week before the start of the season.

12 team PPR with TE premium(1.5)

Z Ertz and S Sheppard for Julio Jones and J Witten

same league ans also last week

J Gordon for Delanie Walker

I was pretty happy with these trades

I know we mention this every year....but HOLY #### am I getting a slew of terrible offers. 

Not to change the tone of this thread, but a few trades and proposals I've seen in the last 24 hours.

Owner A offers JOSH GORDON.......... will receive TODD GURLEY.    :no:

Owner A then "bettered" his offer to A gives TY HILTON ........... will receive TODD GURLEY.

I got a sparkler from said owner.

Owner A offers  TY HILTON......... will receive my ALVIN KAMARA.   This is a truly special offer, since not only is  this league is points per reception, but its also points per carry:wall:

TZM

I traded Edelman for Aaron Rodgers a couple days ago. 14 team league, I have Nuk, Evans, Dede, and Green waiting, and had only Cousins at QB.  

Surprised at the lack of trades mentioned here, though its still only heading into week 4. (prime trading season)

I saw this one unfold in one of my leagues, and thought it was definitely interesting , especially for TODD GURLEY  owners.

12 Teamer, usual setup, but .5ppr. (start 2 WRs, RBS + flex)

TEAM A - gives TODD GURLEY and JOSH GORDON.

TEAM B - gives  JOSH JACOBS and LAMAR JACKSON.

To give a bit of context, Team A wanted an QB upgrade, and he is "OK" at WR, plus he has AJ GREEN waiting on his bench. Losing Gordon doesn't hurt him, plus he is high on Josh Jacobs.  He also didn't want the "Gurley headache" (tm) going forward.    :lol:     (He also has EZE, Carson, Ronald Jones and scraps)

Team B needed RB help, and is presumably trying to "buy low" on Gurley in the hopes he picks it up throughout the rest of the season. (He also is starting Wentz, who he believes in)

I thought this one was extremely interesting.

TZM

Surprised at the lack of trades mentioned here, though its still only heading into week 4. (prime trading season)

I saw this one unfold in one of my leagues, and thought it was definitely interesting , especially for TODD GURLEY  owners.

12 Teamer, usual setup, but .5ppr. (start 2 WRs, RBS + flex)

TEAM A - gives TODD GURLEY and JOSH GORDON.

TEAM B - gives  JOSH JACOBS and LAMAR JACKSON.

To give a bit of context, Team A wanted an QB upgrade, and he is "OK" at WR, plus he has AJ GREEN waiting on his bench. Losing Gordon doesn't hurt him, plus he is high on Josh Jacobs.  He also didn't want the "Gurley headache" (tm) going forward.    :lol:     (He also has EZE, Carson, Ronald Jones and scraps)

Team B needed RB help, and is presumably trying to "buy low" on Gurley in the hopes he picks it up throughout the rest of the season. (He also is starting Wentz, who he believes in)

I thought this one was extremely interesting.

TZM
Nice. I think I’d side with Jacobs/Lamar though, Lamar can carry teams 

Was just offered Carson/DJ Moore for my Aaron Jones/Josh Gordon in a full pt ppr. Not sure what to do. 
Lot of stuff gong on there:

Carson having fumbled the ball away multiple times, Penny seemingly returning this week

DJ Moore without Cam, Allen appears to favor Samuel

Aaron Jones being outsnapped last week by WIlliams

I do not think I would take it 

Nice. I think I’d side with Jacobs/Lamar though, Lamar can carry teams 
I see both teams sides on this one. (The guy getting the Jackson/Jacobs side, is 1-2 and has some substantial side bets going on in said league, I think he just wants to be done with Gurley and his "is he or isn't he injured and the same player" scenario)  He is also overly high on JOSH JACOBS in my opinion.  In a .5 PPR, Jacobs has done essentially nothing in the pass game. That can't be ignored either, even though I think Gruden does slowly bring him along in usage and passes.

But, I want to say that I do  NOT believe Lamar Jackson is a top 3 QB rest of season.

Note - he played Miami and AZ, 2 teams which he SHOULD have big days against, and in the 3rd seemingly great KC matchup, it didn't work out nearly as well. The cracks in his passing is starting to show a bit. Wasn't it universally agreed he should have had a big day vs. KC....?

Anyway, things are going to toughen up for him from here on out. I do think he is likely a top 10 QB rest of season though, his rushing should ensure that. But he is also likely to miss 1-2 games as most of these running QBs often do.

These overblown "Lamar Jackson is a locked and loaded top 3 guy" trumpeters may be in for a bit of a letdown. Top 10 end of season, yeah I think so.  Top 3 ?  I don't buy it.

Frankly if I had him and could move him for a kings ransom , I'd likely do it.... but I'd certainly have to have a big offer.

TZM

TZMarkie said:
My league is 10 teams with small rosters, so the waiver wire usually has a lot of decent pickups. I've seen maybe 1 trade in 3 years. So that's one (small) reason why.

My league is 10 teams with small rosters, so the waiver wire usually has a lot of decent pickups. I've seen maybe 1 trade in 3 years. So that's one (small) reason why.

Its only week 4 also. Thats another big reason.

This thread is traditionally a slow starter early season, and rightfully so. Most guys aren't looking to sell assets in weeks 1-3. Its only after they fall to 1-2, 0-3, or 1-3 or 0-4 that they tend to panic a bit, then starting shooting out offers. All of a sudden they are openly entertaining offers.   :lol:

Ironically, 2 of my leagues are 10 teamers, and there isn't much trading going on in those leagues as well.  (Err, outside of 2 owners that are traditionally known as trade-rape artists, or annual low ballers.... they send out offers every year, and very bad ones too and very rarely get any deals done)

TZM

12 team, super-flex, redraft, PPR, wr/te combined.

Team A received Alexander Mattison (Dalvin owner)

Team B received Tyrell Williams (I think he is concerned about Thielen as his #1 WR & Dede Westbrook as his #2)

Just pulled off 2 big moves Thursday AM

Received Lamar Jackson

Sent Aaron Rogers and Wayne Gallman (this was to the Saquon drafter who really had nothing healthy left at RB)

Received: Zeke, Pollard, Alshon

Sent: Thielen, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams and Josh Gordon (his WR situation was a total mess after drafting AB and having some injuries)

A few trades involving 6 different teams- 10 team redraft, can start up to 4 RB's with the 2 flex spots

Team A gives Saquon Barkley - Team B gives Kerryon Johnson.  These 2 teams face each other in week 11, so the owner giving up Saquon won't have to face him, even if he is healthy by then.  IMO, the winner of this trade will be determined by how long Saquon is out.

Team A gives Tyreek Hill & Miles Sanders - Team B gives Melvin Gordon & Sony Michel.  This trade was done after week 2.  When trade occurred, I thought the owner giving Tyreek got fleeced, but since MG has reported, it has become quite interesting.

Team A gives Tyler Boyd, Philip Lindsay, & Courtland Sutton - Team B gives Aaron Rodgers & Eric Ebron.  Team receiving 3 players drops... LeSean McCoy.  This trade was done after week 2.  Team giving Rodgers had Cam as his only other QB, but the WW is chock full.

Team A gives Tyler Boyd, Philip Lindsay, & Courtland Sutton - Team B gives Aaron Rodgers & Eric Ebron.  Team receiving 3 players drops... LeSean McCoy.  This trade was done after week 2.  Team giving Rodgers had Cam as his only other QB, but the WW is chock full.
Why not just include LeSean McCoy in the trade?

Offered Will Fuller and Justin Jackson (before injury news hit) to the Gordon & Ekeler owner for Christian Kirk *or* Josh Gordon (both buried on the bench behind OBJ and Juju).

Declined. No counter :shrug:

Offered Will Fuller and Justin Jackson (before injury news hit) to the Gordon & Ekeler owner for Christian Kirk *or* Josh Gordon (both buried on the bench behind OBJ and Juju).

Declined. No counter :shrug:
That looks like it should have been denied.  Fuller could easily be on the waiver wire and a declining asset with Gordon returning for a low endWR2/high WR3

Sent Brady, Ertz, and Jacobs

Got Barkley, Hunter Henry, Kerryon, and Brees. 
My leagues don’t vote on trades, I’m just puzzled by the move 
Jacobs for Kerryon is a wash by my view. Brady for Brees is also a wash just looking at ppg, maybe a slight downgrade. I start Matt Ryan mostly anyway and Brees should be back for Atlanta's bye.

So it comes down to Ertz for TE Henry + Barkley. I know Ertz is a buy low right now. I didn't want to get rid of him and I'm bummed about it. But I couldn't pass up getting Barkley when I have Hooper getting points on my bench. I have no problem starting him until Henry returns; or maybe I keep starting the Hoopster idk. Henry also should be back in time for Atlanta's bye. The league has 3 IR spots which Brees, Henry, and Barkley are all eligible. An opportunity to add 2 FA is an added bonus.

This is one of them 96 teamers where the top 4 of 8 different leagues go into a playoff starting week 13. I feel like I really helped my roster for it. I wouldn't say I'm a shoe-in to make it, but I'm already 3-0. I know I hurt my chances some by getting rid of Ertz, but it's a risk worth trying to get the best roster of 8 leagues for the end of the year.

That's my best justification.

Jacobs for Kerryon is a wash by my view. Brady for Brees is also a wash just looking at ppg, maybe a slight downgrade. I start Matt Ryan mostly anyway and Brees should be back for Atlanta's bye.

So it comes down to Ertz for TE Henry + Barkley. I know Ertz is a buy low right now. I didn't want to get rid of him and I'm bummed about it. But I couldn't pass up getting Barkley when I have Hooper getting points on my bench. I have no problem starting him until Henry returns; or maybe I keep starting the Hoopster idk. Henry also should be back in time for Atlanta's bye. The league has 3 IR spots which Brees, Henry, and Barkley are all eligible. An opportunity to add 2 FA is an added bonus.

This is one of them 96 teamers where the top 4 of 8 different leagues go into a playoff starting week 13. I feel like I really helped my roster for it. I wouldn't say I'm a shoe-in to make it, but I'm already 3-0. I know I hurt my chances some by getting rid of Ertz, but it's a risk worth trying to get the best roster of 8 leagues for the end of the year.

That's my best justification.
The IR spots change everything 

10 team, 1/2 PPR

Traded M.Gordon/OJ Howard (I also have Elliot/Chubb/Henry/Singletary)

For Ertz/Duke Johnson  (He has Bell/Gurley)

14-team half-PPR. Extremely competitive league. Start 1/2/2/1/1 plus a flex, 5 bench spots.

Give: Fournette, Fitzgerald

Receive: Hill, Michel

FantasyPros has this trade dead even, which surprised me as I think I'm buying low on his two and selling high on Fournette.  :shrug:

14-team half-PPR. Extremely competitive league. Start 1/2/2/1/1 plus a flex, 5 bench spots.

FantasyPros has this trade dead even, which surprised me as I think I'm buying low on his two and selling high on Fournette.  :shrug:
You are buying low on Michel - but I think a lot people think his go forward value will also be low

Three trades made this week:

1. 10-team PPR - gave Fournette/Davante Adams got Nuke/Hooper - really happy with this one. 

2. 10-team non-PPR, gave ARodgers/Davante Adams for Kupp 

3. 12-team PPR superflex gave Gurley/Tyreek/Josh Allen for Julio/Edelman/David Carr (really needed WRs here)

3. 12-team PPR superflex gave Gurley/Tyreek/Josh Allen for Julio/Edelman/David Carr (really needed WRs here)
I play a lot of SF / 2QB leagues and I don't like this trade.

IMO the first two pieces of the trade are pretty even so you basically swapped Allen for Carr. Allen is the epitome of a perfect QB2 in this format - he can win you a week by himself with his big arm and running ability, and if you have a good enough QB1 to cushion the blow he won't kill your team on his bust weeks.

Carr is like the anti-Allen ... he offers next to no upside. In my main SF league he's scored 14, 9, 18, 14 by week this season. You're basically capped at 4-5 points above what you'd get by just plugging your WR4 into that spot (well, maybe not your WR4 if you're really light there, but you get the point). I'd much rather give up a couple points of floor to get the 30+ point ceiling from someone like Allen or Brissett then a couple extra points of floor with half the ceiling.

I'd rather the Fournette side of this one.

I'd rather the Fournette side of this one.
It's a reasonable opinion if you think Michel just isn't good (which I admit is a possibility).

But Fournette came into the week 4th in RB touches but RB11 in fantasy points. And he's got a long enough body of work telling us he won't suddenly become tremendously more efficient - so if that volume scales back even a little, his production is gonna fall off the table. Just IMO but he's close to the biggest sell-high out there right now.

Giving up Fitz's consistency was tough but I'm 4-0 and can afford to gamble that Hill gets back to his old league-winning self later this season.

Was just offered Kelce for Fournette 10 team ppr

My RB depth is Cook, Kamara, Fournette C Thompson, Darrell Williams.  I have OJ Howard as my TE and Herndon waiting.  MY WRs are pretty stacked as well so I think I would rather have the RB depth (start 2 with 1 flex)  I'm hanging tight

His RB's are pretty week so hes looking for someone

Was just offered Kelce for Fournette 10 team ppr

My RB depth is Cook, Kamara, Fournette C Thompson, Darrell Williams.  I have OJ Howard as my TE and Herndon waiting.  MY WRs are pretty stacked as well so I think I would rather have the RB depth (start 2 with 1 flex)  I'm hanging tight

His RB's are pretty week so hes looking for someone
I would hold off on that one. Those is some dicey rb depth with out fournette.

Another interesting trade went down in one league I am in.

Slightly different scoring.   .25 QB COMPLETIONS , .25 PER RECEPTION, .25 PER RUSHING ATTEMPT.   START 2 RB 2WR  + FLEX

TEAM A gives -  TODD GURLEY AND KENNY GOLLADAY

TEAM B gives  - DEANDRE HOPKINS

Team A has Barkley, and several others at RB and was looking for an upgrade at WR.  (I asked him and he agreed  "are you trying to get rid of the Gurley headache???")

Team B is giving up his far and away best WR, but looks like he is trying to "buy low" on Gurley and get more RB depth.

Interesting one here........... looks like a bit of an overpay for Hopkins.

TZM

Another interesting trade went down in one league I am in.

Slightly different scoring.   .25 QB COMPLETIONS , .25 PER RECEPTION, .25 PER RUSHING ATTEMPT.   START 2 RB 2WR  + FLEX

TEAM A gives -  TODD GURLEY AND KENNY GOLLADAY

TEAM B gives  - DEANDRE HOPKINS

Team A has Barkley, and several others at RB and was looking for an upgrade at WR.  (I asked him and he agreed  "are you trying to get rid of the Gurley headache???")

Team B is giving up his far and away best WR, but looks like he is trying to "buy low" on Gurley and get more RB depth.

Interesting one here........... looks like a bit of an overpay for Hopkins.

TZM
Yeah, I agree. RBs would have more value than WRs with those settings.

Does it make much sense to trade away DJ Moore for Terry McLaurin?  They performing about the same but Moore is on bye this week.

Just had a barn-burner go down in a redraft:

Delanie Walker for Rashaad Penny

Might be the only trade this league completes all year.  Bad mix of complacency, status quo bias and fear of losing a deal.

Might be the only trade this league completes all year.  Bad mix of complacency, status quo bias and fear of losing a deal.
Hate that! Take a chance. I get this is for money most times, and depending on the amount of money I get it. But this is also meant to be fun. Spice things up!

Users who are viewing this thread