What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Mister CIA said:
It was posted already but worth worth a second look. This is crazy.

I was gone for a few hours so I googled "latest impeachment news" when I returned to catch up real quick-like, but it took 20 minutes just to get through what what happened in the last half-hour.

I'd say that when the news starts threatening to break faster than the speed of reading, it's probably a good time to go to Minneapolis.

Eric Trump warmed up the Minneapolis rally crowd for his father Thursday night. He asked the crowd for an assessment of how Hunter Biden is feeling and suggested that the familiar Trump rally chant of “Lock her up” — directed at Hillary Clinton — become “Lock him up.” The crowd then chanted, “Lock him up, lock him up.

Mario Kart said:
If a Dem President ever did the $hit Trump has done, I'll be the first to call them a piece of garbage and traitor. How you can defend Trump is beyond reason. Actually, please defend, with a logical argument some of the stuff he has done recently. Just try. Bet you can't.
In 24 hours there have been zero acceptances of the bet. Somehow, I'm not surprised. Trollers gonna troll.

Too many people involved to fail at this point.  

US cannot impeach due to so many bad apples.   Who is going to be left to run the country?    Pretty bold strategy to get so many people involved you can't impeach.   

My colleague Mike Schmidt got an eyewitness account of the arrests in the Lufthansa lounge in the B concourse of Dulles International Airport on Wednesday. Here’s what he heard:

They were indulging themselves in the free drinks and food while talking on the phone and waiting for their overnight flight to Frankfurt. Around 5:45 p.m., the men and the other first class travelers were invited to board before all the other passengers. As they made their way down a corridor toward their plane, two plainclothes officers stepped out and stopped them. 

“We need to see your passports,” one of the officers said.

The passengers took them out, and the officers determined who was standing in front of them. Mr. Parnas and Mr. Fruman were told to turn around. As they made their way back into the terminal, they were greeted by a phalanx of uniformed and plainclothes officers who arrested them.

My colleague Mike Schmidt got an eyewitness account of the arrests in the Lufthansa lounge in the B concourse of Dulles International Airport on Wednesday. Here’s what he heard:

They were indulging themselves in the free drinks and food while talking on the phone and waiting for their overnight flight to Frankfurt. Around 5:45 p.m., the men and the other first class travelers were invited to board before all the other passengers. As they made their way down a corridor toward their plane, two plainclothes officers stepped out and stopped them. 

The passengers took them out, and the officers determined who was standing in front of them. Mr. Parnas and Mr. Fruman were told to turn around. As they made their way back into the terminal, they were greeted by a phalanx of uniformed and plainclothes officers who arrested them.
Thanks three sacker! 

McJose said:
He's stuck his finger up my butt and cradled my beanbag so...
No finger stick anymore. There’s a blood test that is more accurate and too many fat finger docs were bruising ####

SCOOP: Indicted pro-TRUMP Ukraine researcher LEV PARNAS told people he paid RUDY GIULIANI hundreds of thousands of dollars to work for his firm, Fraud Guarantee

writers have clearly gone out on strike. 
'Journalists' went on strike shortly before Jan  2009. Writers have taken over since....

Don't Noonan said:
If Trump ever started hurting Americans I would not support him.  However, he is doing a superb job and helping America in so many ways.  He just needs to tone down the Twitter a bit and have some thicker skin.
So telling a foreign power to investigate 2 particular American citizens doesn't hurt those 2 citizens?

[T]he mere fact that our corporate-controlled Congress is willing to take up the impeachment inquiry guarantees that it will produce no major reforms to better the lives of most Americans. Keep in mind that our national politics is dominated by two political parties that are beholden to the interests of big-money donors. Sure, there are a few members of Congress who don't rely on big donors, but they are the exception, and they do not control the agenda of their parties. Thus, rest assured that the big donors to Congress—big pharma, fossil fuel extractors, Wall Street, weapons manufacturers, agribusiness, big insurance, and for-profit health care—approve of its spending six months debating impeachment. Big business believes this impeachment inquiry will not threaten corporate profits or its ability to continue exerting control over government policy.

A dozen years ago, Speaker Pelosi rejected calls to begin an impeachment inquiry against President George W. Bush and Vice President **** Cheney for lying us into the war in Iraq. The evidence there was clear and unambiguous. Bush and Cheney told the American people that there was "no doubt" that Iraqi president Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. In fact, as the Bush team knew, the evidence of Saddam's WMDs was highly dubious. It was based on the word of a paid informant named Curveball, and on a crudely forged invoice purporting to show Saddam buying uranium from Africa. Both Curveball and the invoice were exposed as frauds, but Bush and Cheney continued lying to sell the war.

Bush's lies resulted in the deaths of at least a million innocent people, the destruction of a country, and the creation of ISIS. He and Cheney committed monstrous crimes, similar to crimes resulting in the execution of German generals at Nuremberg after World War II. Why then did Speaker Pelosi announce in 2006 that impeachment was "off the table" for Bush? Because the big corporate donors didn't want impeachment hearings over the Iraq war. Rather, the arms manufacturers, fossil fuel extractors, and other war profiteers want our presidents to be free to lie us into wars without any negative repercussions for the president, such as criminal penalties or impeachment.

A great run-down by attorney @GoodmanLen of the problems w/ impeachment hype, including the fact that, posing no threat to billionaire ruling class, "it will produce no major reforms to better the lives of most Americans."

[T]he mere fact that our corporate-controlled Congress is willing to take up the impeachment inquiry guarantees that it will produce no major reforms to better the lives of most Americans. Keep in mind that our national politics is dominated by two political parties that are beholden to the interests of big-money donors. Sure, there are a few members of Congress who don't rely on big donors, but they are the exception, and they do not control the agenda of their parties. Thus, rest assured that the big donors to Congress—big pharma, fossil fuel extractors, Wall Street, weapons manufacturers, agribusiness, big insurance, and for-profit health care—approve of its spending six months debating impeachment. Big business believes this impeachment inquiry will not threaten corporate profits or its ability to continue exerting control over government policy.

A dozen years ago, Speaker Pelosi rejected calls to begin an impeachment inquiry against President George W. Bush and Vice President **** Cheney for lying us into the war in Iraq. The evidence there was clear and unambiguous. Bush and Cheney told the American people that there was "no doubt" that Iraqi president Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction. In fact, as the Bush team knew, the evidence of Saddam's WMDs was highly dubious. It was based on the word of a paid informant named Curveball, and on a crudely forged invoice purporting to show Saddam buying uranium from Africa. Both Curveball and the invoice were exposed as frauds, but Bush and Cheney continued lying to sell the war.

Bush's lies resulted in the deaths of at least a million innocent people, the destruction of a country, and the creation of ISIS. He and Cheney committed monstrous crimes, similar to crimes resulting in the execution of German generals at Nuremberg after World War II. Why then did Speaker Pelosi announce in 2006 that impeachment was "off the table" for Bush? Because the big corporate donors didn't want impeachment hearings over the Iraq war. Rather, the arms manufacturers, fossil fuel extractors, and other war profiteers want our presidents to be free to lie us into wars without any negative repercussions for the president, such as criminal penalties or impeachment.

A great run-down by attorney @GoodmanLen of the problems w/ impeachment hype, including the fact that, posing no threat to billionaire ruling class, "it will produce no major reforms to better the lives of most Americans."
Because you will never impeach a President or get a conviction or civil verdict directly against a public official in his personal capacity when he is following the process necessary (even doing a horrible thing that shouldn’t be done and even lying while doing it) under the law. 

Bush was a horrible President. What we did after 2001 has been horrifying. But it is unlikely to ever reach “high crimes or misdemeanors” level.  

The best outcome of this process would not be impeachment. It will be if NY or SDNY convicts him for crimes billionaires usually get away with after he is impeached.  

With Trump in office and McConnell running interference in the Senate, no reforms to better our lives were being produced anyway, and they certainly wouldn't have been voted on if they did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sinn Fein said:
I'd love to be at that first impeachment strategy meeting:

Aaron Blake @AaronBlake

“Trey Gowdy doesn’t know s***,” said Victoria Toensing, a lawyer who has been working with Giuliani. “He screwed up the Benghazi hearings, and he came out with the advice to Trump, ‘Well, if you’ve done nothing wrong, just talk to Bob Mueller.’”
The same Victoria Toensing who now represents Lev & Igor?

Sinn Fein said:
Its hard to figure out this angle - could simply be that Barr was carrying the water for Trump - who has been complaining about FoxNews lately.

Or it could be that Barr is secretly planning a coup, and is lining up the state media to back him.
"So, tell me, Rupert...how would Fox News feel about a procedure under the 25th Amendment?"

With Trump in office and McConnell running interference in the Senate, no reforms to better our lives were being produced anyway, and they certainly wouldn't have been voted on if they did.
And its not as of they stopped all work for this.

Its again like people complaining about speeding tickets asking the cops why they aren't out solving real crime.

Can someone get Barr in front of Congress to explain why on a taxpayer funded trip, in the midst of a Presidential scandal, he met with a media mogul in his home? Is this too much to ask?

There's so many nothing burgers flying this way and that that It's hard to keep track of all the high crimes and misdemeanors evidence piling up.

I don't know if this counts as well, but it is more evidence that we sorely need this new invention I just came up with.

Supported by a harness that goes over the neck and shoulders to provide stability for its reflective surface, the Relecto-dictment was designed so that every word spoken by its Republican wearer will be reflected back into their face in the form of an indictment for whatever crime they were just accusing someone else of. The law-abiding among us may finally have some peace and quiet.

There's so many nothing burgers flying this way and that that It's hard to keep track of all the high crimes and misdemeanors evidence piling up.

I don't know if this counts as well, but it is more evidence that we sorely need this new invention I just came up with.

Supported by a harness that goes over the neck and shoulders to provide stability for its reflective surface, the Relecto-dictment was designed so that every word spoken by its Republican wearer will be reflected back into their face in the form of an indictment for whatever crime they were just accusing someone else of. The law-abiding among us may finally have some peace and quiet.
Yeah this letter strikes me as ridiculous.

Mike Pompeo’s senior advisor resigns

They’re dropping like flies.  If I’ve learned anything in life, it’s that you don’t want to be the last one out the door in this kind of situation.  Will be interesting to see who’s left to shut off the lights. 
He sighed as he flicked the light switch one last time. “They must never have replaced these bulbs,” he thought.  “I still look orange.”

Wait.  I'm a bit fan of Schmidt.  He's done great reporting for the NYT.  But how the hell does he happen to be at the airport to get an eyewitness account of their arrests in the Lufthansa lounge in the B concourse at Dulles airport at 5:45 pm on a Wednesday?

If you know anything about DC, you know it's a fate worse than death to travel to Dulles between 3-7 on a weekday afternoon.  If you are doing it, you REALLY have to want to be there.

There is no way this was an accident.  There is 1000% chance he was tipped off.  I'm fascinated to know how this went down. 

Wait.  I'm a bit fan of Schmidt.  He's done great reporting for the NYT.  But how the hell does he happen to be at the airport to get an eyewitness account of their arrests in the Lufthansa lounge in the B concourse at Dulles airport at 5:45 pm on a Wednesday?

If you know anything about DC, you know it's a fate worse than death to travel to Dulles between 3-7 on a weekday afternoon.  If you are doing it, you REALLY have to want to be there.

There is no way this was an accident.  There is 1000% chance he was tipped off.  I'm fascinated to know how this went down. 
I would imagine he went down immediately and interviewed someone who works in the lounge. 

Users who are viewing this thread