Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

You know - it occurred to me that Jr could have a legitimate reason for the meeting.  Jr could be looking for advice on adoptions, again.

His own?

• Laughing 5

14 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Its hard to figure out this angle - could simply be that Barr was carrying the water for Trump - who has been complaining about FoxNews lately.

Or it could be that Barr is secretly planning a coup, and is lining up the state media to back him.

He didn’t seem too happy that his name was included in the call to Ukraine.

Rudy is going to get Flynn'd isn't he?

2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

I am expecting more of a Junior Soprano trial for Rudy.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

Now - what is unknown - but should scare the #### out of Rudy, Trump and Barr - were the SDNY/FBI tracking or otherwise listening to phone conversations from these yahoos in the last 6-7 months...

ETA - add Pompeo to the list of people who are probably pretty nervous right now.

7 minutes ago, Jobber said:

Ex-FBI Official Suspects FBI has Tapes of Giuliani

Buckle up ladies and gentlemen.

:popcorn:

2 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

This question is in the genre of "Is doing stuff okay or not?" Details matter: what kind of stuff, done by whom, in what manner, for what purpose?

There's no problem with a political campaign trying (legally) to dig up dirt on a political opponent. It can even solicit the help of foreign nationals if it pays fair market value for that help -- in cash, not in promised public policy favors, and not for free.

There is, however, a problem with a political office-holder using the powers of his office to dig up dirt on a political opponent. It's especially a problem if he solicits help from a foreign government. And it's double especially a problem if the quid pro quo affects our national interest.

There's no problem with the FBI and other intelligence agencies trying to gather info on past election interference, obviously. But the FBI is to act independently, not at the behest of the President, especially not when "gathering info on past election interference" is stupid-watergate code for "smear the President's political rival." Of course, in this case, the FBI is not investigating the Bidens because there is no probable cause to do so. Instead, the President, without going through any semblance of proper channels, tried to induce a foreign government to do the "investigation," which is unambiguously an impeachable abuse of power.

If you're trying to equate "the President is using his official powers to induce a foreign government to smear his political opponent" with "the candidate's campaign hired and paid a foreign national to dig up dirt on her political rival," or "the FBI and the DOJ sought to investigate past election interference as part of an officially sanctioned investigation," you are destined to fail because they are not equivalent. Two of those are legal while the other is not. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine which one is not like the others.

deliciously condesending

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

He's also Roger Stone and Sam Nunberg.

and Randall Patrick McMurphy

Edited by cosjobs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, cosjobs said:

and Randall Patrick McMurphy

And probably C Thomas Howell in Soul Man if we look at his old yearbooks. 

30 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Lock THEM UP

EXCLUSIVE: Fiona Hill to testify to Congress that Giuliani, Sondland circumvented the NSC and normal White House process to run a shadow #Ukraine policy, a person familiar with her testimony tells @NBCNews

What I need is a good defense, 'cause I'm feeling like a criminal.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Laughing 1

23 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Or Epstein'd 

:tinfoilhat:

• Like 1

One thing Rudy has going for him is that he’s got a great head start on an insanity defense.

• Like 2

Just now, Biff84 said:

One thing Rudy has going for him is that he’s got a great head start on an insanity defense.

Also, as long as he can still get blood in prison he’ll outlive his sentence. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Lock THEM UP

EXCLUSIVE: Fiona Hill to testify to Congress that Giuliani, Sondland circumvented the NSC and normal White House process to run a shadow #Ukraine policy, a person familiar with her testimony tells @NBCNews

:popcorn:  I wonder if she is the type to hold a grudge.  I bet not.  :kicksrock:

McMaster gained an internal ally on Russia in March with the hiring of Fiona Hill as the top Russia adviser on the NSC. A frequent critic of the Kremlin, Hill was best known as the author of a respected biography of Putin and was seen as a reassuring selection among Russia hard-liners.

Her relationship with Trump, however, was strained from the start.

In one of her first encounters with the president, an Oval Office meeting in preparation for a call with Putin on Syria, Trump appeared to mistake Hill for a member of the clerical staff, handing her a memo he had marked up and instructing her to rewrite it.

When Hill responded with a perplexed look, Trump became irritated with what he interpreted as insubordination, according to officials who witnessed the exchange. As she walked away in confusion, Trump exploded and motioned for McMaster to intervene.

McMaster followed Hill out the door and scolded her, officials said. Later, he and a few close staffers met to explore ways to repair Hill’s damaged relationship with the president.

Hill’s standing was further damaged when she was forced to defend members of her staff suspected of disloyalty after details about Trump’s Oval Office meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak — in which the president revealed highly classified information to his Russian guests — were leaked to The Post.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am expecting more of a Junior Soprano trial for Rudy.

I hope the sketch artist also makes Rudy look like "Mr. Magoo". 

• Like 3

In some ways I feel sorry for Trump, he has all these criminals moving in an out of his inner circle.  Whats a guy to do?

3 hours ago, urbanhack said:

"dial 1 on your rotary phone for yes"

Hell of a lot easier than dialing 9.

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

In some ways I feel sorry for Trump, he has all these criminals moving in an out of his inner circle.  Whats a guy to do?

Not deal with criminals?

3 hours ago, McJose said:

He should have been the nominee in 2016.  And if he had somehow won the general election I wouldn't have minded too much.

I would have voted for him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

This is just Ukraine.  How many other countries will we hear about before it is all over

Over/under at 4?

6 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Hell of a lot easier than dialing 9.

When I would call into radio stations for contests, somebody told me if you dial all but the last number, nobody else would get through.

Didn't work. But I did win Zepplin tix off the trivia question "What was the KISS album 'Love Gun' named after?"

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Over/under at 4?

Saudi Arabia,  Turkey,  Brazil, Mexico?

which Mexico?

2 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Seems reasonable. I might switch Brazil for another former Soviet state, but I'm not sure.

I hope Fiona Hill is either one hiding, or has a security detail.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Poland, Hungary, The Phillipines

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cosjobs said:
17 minutes ago, badmojo1006 said:

Poland, Hungary, The Phillipines

China

22 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Seems reasonable. I might switch Brazil for another former Soviet state, but I'm not sure.

authoritarian leader with whom trump just agreed to sell weapons to?  Certainly looks like a possibility.

4 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

This question is in the genre of "Is doing stuff okay or not?" Details matter: what kind of stuff, done by whom, in what manner, for what purpose?

There's no problem with a political campaign trying (legally) to dig up dirt on a political opponent. It can even solicit the help of foreign nationals if it pays fair market value for that help -- in cash, not in promised public policy favors, and not for free.

There is, however, a problem with a political office-holder using the powers of his office to dig up dirt on a political opponent. It's especially a problem if he solicits help from a foreign government. And it's double especially a problem if the quid pro quo affects our national interest.

There's no problem with the FBI and other intelligence agencies trying to gather info on past election interference, obviously. But the FBI is to act independently, not at the behest of the President, especially not when "gathering info on past election interference" is stupid-watergate code for "smear the President's political rival." Of course, in this case, the FBI is not investigating the Bidens because there is no probable cause to do so. Instead, the President, without going through any semblance of proper channels, tried to induce a foreign government to do the "investigation," which is unambiguously an impeachable abuse of power.

If you're trying to equate "the President is using his official powers to induce a foreign government to smear his political opponent" with "the candidate's campaign hired and paid a foreign national to dig up dirt on her political rival," or "the FBI and the DOJ sought to investigate past election interference as part of an officially sanctioned investigation," you are destined to fail because they are not equivalent. Two of those are legal while the other is not. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to determine which one is not like the others.

He won’t read this you know. 

1 hour ago, badmojo1006 said:

This is just Ukraine.  How many other countries will we hear about before it is all over

Russia

Saudi Arabia

NK probably

China

Wlidcard - the UK

Just now, mr roboto said:

Russia

Saudi Arabia

NK probably

China

Wlidcard - the UK

Reason I didn't include Russia or China, they are just fleecing the U.S. without anything in return.  The other countries at least have some quid pro quo

1 hour ago, Mister CIA said:

It was posted already but worth worth a second look. This is crazy.

I was gone for a few hours so I googled "latest impeachment news" when I returned to catch up real quick-like, but it took 20 minutes just to get through what what happened in the last half-hour.

I'd say that when the news starts threatening to break faster than the speed of reading, it's probably a good time to go to Minneapolis.

Eric Trump warmed up the Minneapolis rally crowd for his father Thursday night. He asked the crowd for an assessment of how Hunter Biden is feeling and suggested that the familiar Trump rally chant of “Lock her up” — directed at Hillary Clinton — become “Lock him up.” The crowd then chanted, “Lock him up, lock him up.

On 10/9/2019 at 8:47 PM, Mario Kart said:

If a Dem President ever did the $hit Trump has done, I'll be the first to call them a piece of garbage and traitor. How you can defend Trump is beyond reason. Actually, please defend, with a logical argument some of the stuff he has done recently. Just try. Bet you can't.

In 24 hours there have been zero acceptances of the bet. Somehow, I'm not surprised. Trollers gonna troll.

4 minutes ago, McJose said:

State News Network

Sure hope Murdoch is not extorting cash from Trump.

2 hours ago, proteus126 said:
2 hours ago, cosjobs said:

T&Ps

Not very cool.

I'll allow it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Too many people involved to fail at this point.  

US cannot impeach due to so many bad apples.   Who is going to be left to run the country?    Pretty bold strategy to get so many people involved you can't impeach.