What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

Gaetz sent out a tweet from his phone from inside the SCIF area. Someone must have informed the donkey that is highly unambiguously illegal. Next text said “from staff”. Yeah right. 
Hey, what's the point of breaking the law and risking national security if you can't brag to the whole world about it?

This is getting way out of control. Democrats have to start reigning this in and start having people arrested. From a Fox News article:

“He doesn’t have the guts to come talk to us,” Marshall said. “He left. He just got up and left. He doesn’t have the guts to tell us why we can’t come in the room, why he doesn’t want this to be transparent. It’s the biggest facade, the biggest farce I’ve ever seen in my life.”

Gaetz, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, was kicked out of another session earlier this month where former deputy assistant to the president Fiona Hill faced questions behind closed doors. Gaetz was told he could not attend because he is not part of the House Intelligence Committee, which is conducting the investigation along with the House Oversight and Foreign Affairs Committees.

"Judiciary Chairman [Jerry Nadler] claimed to have begun the impeachment inquiry weeks ago,” Gaetz tweeted at the time. “Now, his own Judiciary members aren’t even allowed to participate in it. And yes - my constituents want me actively involved in stopping the #KangarooCourtCoup run by Shifty Schiff."

Firtash, who federal prosecutors have alleged has ties to Russian organized crime, has remained a powerful figure in Ukraine despite living in exile in Austria. He denies ties to organized crime and any wrongdoing in the Chicago case.

In July, the tycoon changed legal teams, replacing longtime Democratic lawyer Lanny Davis with the husband-and-wife team of Victoria Toensing and Joseph diGenova, who appear frequently on Fox News to defend Trump and have served as informal advisers to Trump’s legal team, including Giuliani.

After taking on Firtash’s case, Toensing and diGenova secured a rare face-to-face meeting with Attorney General William P. Barr and other Justice Department officials to argue against the charges, three people familiar with the meeting said.

Barr declined to intercede, the people said.

A Justice Department spokeswoman said that the case “has the support of the department leadership,” adding: “We continue to work closely with the Austrian Ministry of Justice to extradite Mr. Firtash.”

Toensing declined to comment on the Barr meeting.

Spokesmen for the U.S. attorney’s offices in Chicago and Manhattan declined to comment on their investigations.
- The Attorney General did a face to face meeting with lawyers for Dmitri Firtash, who just happened to be Joe Digenova and Victoria Toensing.

Yes we need to get to get to the truth beind all of this.  But first I need to order a damn pizza and tweet my location IN A CLASSIFIED ROOM

Again Americans deserve some of this stupidity.

I can see that since President Trump lives in his own world.  And probably has not been told no very often and has zero political experience at all. 

However, that does not excuse what the GOP is doing.  They know its wrong, and instead of helping and standing up to the President.  They encourage him to continue down this path.  Which is not good for the United States.   
further, I'd propose that anyone who told Trump no has been fired or resigned. 

IMO, Trump believes that the president is all-powerful, and therefore can take credit for everything that happens under his watch, and likewise can blame Obama for anything under his.  If the president is all-powerful, how can anyone tell him what he can and cannot do?  Why shouldn't maximize each and every relationship he (and the US) have? 

Further, if what he is doing is for the good of the country, anything done for him is also good for the country.  If he truly believes that a Democrat president (i.e Biden)  would be bad, isn't he obligated to do everything possible to prevent that from happening?  so what if a few norms are trampled, some relationships are strained...it's all for the greater good.

Hello, Nunes.....

WOW: House impeachment investigators are looking at whether a former top NUNES aide -- now a Trump national security official -- was sending Trump unverified Ukraine-related info.

Per NYT, White House officials suspected this was occurring
Kash Patel, he of the midnight run. I think he was shuttled from Nunes' HIC to the NSC not long ago. He's also the guy they entrusted to go to London to chase down Misfud and Steele.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think the GOP would hesitate for a second to have these clowns taken out in handcuffs if the situation were reversed?
No conservatives would complain that they didn't pull their guns out and protect the vicinity from these invaders

Hello, Nunes.....

WOW: House impeachment investigators are looking at whether a former top NUNES aide -- now a Trump national security official -- was sending Trump unverified Ukraine-related info.

Per NYT, White House officials suspected this was occurring
Kash Patel, he of the midnight run. I think he was shuttled from Nunes' HIC to the NSC not long ago. He's also the guy they entrusted to go to London to chase down Misfud and Steele.
Of course Nunes was involved in this.    It's too stupid for him not to have been involved.

Of course Nunes was involved in this.    It's too stupid for him not to have been involved.
Patel joined the National Security Council’s International Organizations and Alliances directorate in February and was promoted to a senior counterterrorism role...
- Oh yeah, this is definitely not even part of his portfolio. It's almost as if he was stuffed into the NSC so he could run around and do crazy #### no one else would do.

This is sort of like the Coen brothers or the SNL/SCTV skit performers who will make movies and more or less use the same actors but in different roles. This whole thing is like a retelling of the Cohen, Manafort and Flynn fiascos, just reordered with different character names with a few new oddball characters thrown in.

Kashyap Patel, a longtime Nunes staffer who joined the White House in February, was so involved in the issue that at one point Trump thought he was in charge of Ukraine policy for the National Security Council, according to congressional testimony by Fiona Hill, the former senior director for European and Russian Affairs whose portfolio included Ukraine.

:no:

NEW: Trump had advance knowledge and supported a protest by Republicans who told him they planned to barge into a secure hearing room on Capitol Hill where Democrats are holding impeachment testimonies, according to four people familiar with the matter.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-23/poll-finds-highest-support-for-inquiry-yet-impeachment-update
Do you ever read the threads you post in? I can't tell you how many times you post things that are actually on the same page you posted.

Enough is enough.  Drag them out in handcuffs.  They're breaking the law.  They're children.  And like a child, if you wag a finger and tell them to "stop that" and never actually showing them discipline, before you know it you can no longer control them.

If the Dems don't grow some guts, we'll lose this country to a minority of people, simply because we didn't want to "look like the bad guy." I'm over that.  Drag them out in handcuffs.  Show some backbone.  The right people will understand what's happening and those that are appalled by it can go to hell.

Chairman Schiff told NBC News that Pentagon official Laura Cooper was appearing before the impeachment committees under subpoena.

"Clearly the White House was devastated by yesterday's testimony, and these witnesses have been willing to defy the admin and follow the law and come testify," Schiff said, "so the president's allies are trying to stop them through other means but they won’t be successful."

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/trump-impeachment-inquiry/laura-cooper-pentagon-official-overseeing-ukraine-testifies-impeachment-inquiry-n1070586

Never-Trump Republicans vs Do-Nothing Democrats.  That would be a better Thursday night matchup than we’ve been getting.

Call and email your senators and representatives...identify yourself as a constituent.  Let it be known they represent you.  Leave messages...get it across that the process must be protected.  That these antics are illegal and unacceptable and they need to hold them accountable for their actions.

Call and email your senators and representatives...identify yourself as a constituent.  Let it be known they represent you.  Leave messages...get it across that the process must be protected.  That these antics are illegal and unacceptable and they need to hold them accountable for their actions.
Is there a list anywhere of which Republicans stormed the hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread