What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Political suicide for the Dems.
It's a shot list of presidents with impeachment inquiries opened for them.

Actually impeached:

• AJohnson - lost the nomination of his own party.
  • Nixon - resigned, Ford was beaten in the next election.
  • Clinton - stayed in office, his VP Gore was defeated in the next election.
Impeachment was also sought for Buchanan - he did not run for a 2nd term. His party lost the next election.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pelosi could have held off on impeachment. She could have said what Biden did: that if we don’t get the whistleblower report in a few days , THEN we impeach. That would have been strong enough. Instead she went straight to impeachment and that tells me she’s pretty sure about how strong her hand is. We’ll see. 
Yea I’m not sure this is the right take. Hope so. 

I think there needs to be clear evidence of a quid pro quo or this is going to backfire tremendously.
Why would you need the "quo"?

Do you really think the President should be permitted to use his power to ask other countries to investigate his political opponents?

Let me blow your mind.  One by one, the hurdles to impeachment start falling.  First, moderate Democrats in the house.  Next, Republican senators in tough 2020 races.  The Senate demands the full whistleblower report as key Senators like Rubio and Romney suggest that a trial on impeachment would need to be taken seriously.

The Senate intel committee releases the whistleblower report, which makes a solid case for impeachment.  The whistleblower is, ..., Mike Pence.

And that's how my prequel to The Handmaid's Tale ends ...

Let me blow your mind.  One by one, the hurdles to impeachment start falling.  First, moderate Democrats in the house.  Next, Republican senators in tough 2020 races.  The Senate demands the full whistleblower report as key Senators like Rubio and Romney suggest that a trial on impeachment would need to be taken seriously.

The Senate intel committee releases the whistleblower report, which makes a solid case for impeachment.  The whistleblower is, ..., Mike Pence.

And that's how my prequel to The Handmaid's Tale ends ...
And Mike Pence runs as the GOP nominee in 2020..........

and loses. 

Is it ok for Trump (the private citizen) to do opposition research in Ukraine?  I mean, Hillary hired a lawyer (who subcontracted) to do opposition research in Russia in 2016...right?
I don't know - but we are not dealing with Trump the private citizen.  

Trump the President is abusing his authority if he is asking a foreign government to investigate a political rival, while simultaneously negotiating and withholding Federal aid authorized by Congress.

Again - lets assume that Trump is legitimately concerned that Biden is corrupt, and has acted corruptly in his capacity as Vice-President - the DOJ and FBI should be the organization leading the investigation to hold Biden accountable....

Again - lets assume that Trump is legitimately concerned that Biden is corrupt, and has acted corruptly in his capacity as Vice-President - the DOJ and FBI should be the organization leading the investigation to hold Biden accountable....
Also, the focus wouldn't just be on Biden, there'd be a more general/broader focus. The intent is unmistakably clear, you have to work really hard not to acknowledge it.

If the issue is truly current corruption in Ukraine - it would not involve Biden at all...
Exactly - guess who really is hip deep in corruption in the Ukraine that we really should be concerned about?

Hint to the audience, they're not a U.S. citizen.

If nothing else, the thought that impeachment could actually happen has prompted the WH to release the complaint. That's assuming they release the *actual* complaint and not the WH's summary version. Also, the whistleblower still needs to sit down with the investigators.

And anyone lunging at the opportunity to praise Pelosi and pat her on the back for finally fulfilling her obvious obligation should be sentenced to being locked in a cell with trump supporters trying to explain what "evidence" is and what "proof" is and how they are/aren't different.

And anyone lunging at the opportunity to praise Pelosi and pat her on the back for finally fulfilling her obvious obligation should be sentenced to being locked in a cell with trump supporters trying to explain what "evidence" is and what "proof" is and how they are/aren't different.
It was a decent speech, but it could have happened months ago.  200 House members support it already.  This is a done deal in the House folks

Is it ok for Trump (the private citizen) to do opposition research in Ukraine?  I mean, Hillary hired a lawyer (who subcontracted) to do opposition research in Russia in 2016...right?
It wouldn't be illegal as long as you're not A) dealing with representatives of a foreign government, or B) receiving campaign contributions directly from a foreign citizen.

Wait, there are sane adults actually saying this?

You think it’s an Admiral Ackbar?
Yes, I do. Here’s what we know. 

1) McConnell and the Rs wouldn’t side with the Democrats about the color of the sky. All of a sudden today we have a 100-0 vote to release the transcripts of the call?

2) Trump is one of the most dishonest humans ever. He lives for the lie and to mislead. All of a sudden today he decided to release the call and the transcript? None of this adds up. They knew by delaying this it would send the dems into a tailspin.

I have no doubt he did something stupid, because duh, but once this got out there somebody from the WH briefed McConnell on the contents of the call and they laid the cheese for the angry mob. Pelosi’s instincts were right but she got overruled by her troops. If this turns out to be nothing it completely destroys the D’s chances of ever impeaching again and puts much-needed wind behind his sails for 2020. 

1) McConnell and the Rs wouldn’t side with the Democrats about the color of the sky. All of a sudden today we have a 100-0 vote to release the transcripts of the call?

2) Trump is one of the most dishonest humans ever. He lives for the lie and to mislead. All of a sudden today he decided to release the call and the transcript? None of this adds up. They knew by delaying this it would send the dems into a tailspin.

I have no doubt he did something stupid, because duh, but once this got out there somebody from the WH briefed McConnell on the contents of the call and they laid the cheese for the angry mob. Pelosi’s instincts were right but she got overruled by her troops. If this turns out to be nothing it completely destroys the D’s chances of ever impeaching again and puts much-needed wind behind his sails for 2020. 
If true, this season has definitely jumped the shark

2) Trump is one of the most dishonest humans ever. He lives for the lie and to mislead. All of a sudden today he decided to release the call and the transcript?

A couple of thoughts:

1.  Senate voted to encourage Trump to release the whistleblower complaint - not the phone transcript.  They are not one and the same.

2.  Even if you thought this was a "trap" he is releasing everything this week - transcript and whistleblower complaint - and the whistleblower is supposed to meet with both the Senate and House Intelligence committees this week.  If there is nothing there - everything is put on the table, and the Dems don't go forward with impeachment, and this is a nothing episode by the time the election rolls around.

For this to have been an effective trap - the correct play would be to "fight" the dems on releasing the information - so that they dig in even harder, go to court, and when you lose and have to turn over the information - you say: "I told you there was nothing here!"

gotta think pelosi and crew did their due diligence behind the scenes on the whistleblower before pulling the trigger... 

:unsure:

I find one of the more deliciously stupid elements of this particular escapade to be that he's risked whatever he's risked to dig up dirt on someone who probably won't be his opponent. Then again, he's probably working this same scam elsewhere to find stuff on Warren. To which I paraphrase I Claudius: "let all the poisons in the mud hatch out."
100 Badmojo points for quoting one of my favorite quotes from "I Claudius "

A couple of thoughts:

1.  Senate voted to encourage Trump to release the whistleblower complaint - not the phone transcript.  They are not one and the same.

2.  Even if you thought this was a "trap" he is releasing everything this week - transcript and whistleblower complaint - and the whistleblower is supposed to meet with both the Senate and House Intelligence committees this week.  If there is nothing there - everything is put on the table, and the Dems don't go forward with impeachment, and this is a nothing episode by the time the election rolls around.

For this to have been an effective trap - the correct play would be to "fight" the dems on releasing the information - so that they dig in even harder, go to court, and when you lose and have to turn over the information - you say: "I told you there was nothing here!"
You are right on what it was but I think my point remains the same. 

If he is impeached and then convicted (I know, no way but play along), does that open up the floodgates for the GOP primary?   Trump is unbeatable in the GOP (I'll never get over something like that actually being true), but Pence is pretty weak.

Regarding the Senate, this would have been interesting if this happened in Trump's 1st 2 years (I know, there would never be impeachment with the GOP in control of the House).  Wouldn't it have been something if they could have gotten Collins and Flake and McCain once again was the deciding vote.    That would have been some pay back. 

I'm a little shocked THIS is what finally was the straw that broke the camel's back.
It's probably a coincidence that the current presidents and a past president were potentially implicated in a child prostitution ring a month and a half ago. In any sane world that would have been a top story for at least a couple days.  

:goodposting:  Nadler and Schiff are pretty stupid but they got Pelosi on board before the transcript and whistleblower report even came out.   :lmao:
Having a diehard Trump supporter, while tough to comprehend, is actually a welcome sight here, IMO. We all need to be challenged with our desire for revenge and ####. But holy god man, can you please stop with the 12 year old texting her best friend emoji overload? Seriously

Having a diehard Trump supporter, while tough to comprehend, is actually a welcome sight here, IMO. We all need to be challenged with our desire for revenge and ####. But holy god man, can you please stop with the 12 year old texting her best friend emoji overload? Seriously
When is it okay to use emoji's? Seriously.

Whenever you don't use them all the damn time to make a non-sensical post?
What constitutes all the time? I looked at his last 10 posts. A few had emojis. 

What part of his latest post is nonsensical? Perhaps calling Nadler and Schiff stupid? But that's more of an opinion. The rest is fact. 

Users who are viewing this thread