What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (9 Viewers)

I...dunno.

I heard an interview with this woman representative of the RNC this afternoon. She reminded me a little of @Don't Noonan She seemed positively gleeful about impeachment. Claimed that it would guarantee winning Michigan and Wisconsin, and taking back the House. I mean she was really excited.
For sure.  The more I think about the happier I am.  Pelosi caved to the extreme left and didn't even wait for the transcript or whistleblower report.  Amazing.  I am convinced this will blow up in the Dems face in 2020.  My biggest fear is the Dems getting control of the House and Senate and a progressive like Warren gets elected and ruins our country with her horrible policies.  This will get the dems in red districts on record and get them voted out for their stupidity.  Love it!

Hasn't the WH already been caught releasing fake transcripts? And there is the whole sharpie affair.  Whose to believe these guys other then the people who have already been duped by the conman. 
Oh I am sure there are going to be people like you who don't believe it.

From FOX: WH to release document showing intel community watchdog found whistleblower had 'political bias'

A senior Trump administration official told Fox News late Tuesday that the administration will release a document showing the intelligence community inspector general found the whistleblower who leveled an explosive accusation against President Trump concerning his talks with Ukraine had “political bias” in favor of “a rival candidate” of the president.

The official did not identify the name of the rival candidate. Separately, a senior administration official told Fox News the White House has been working as quickly as it can to release to Congress the whistleblower complaint involving President Trump's conversations with the leader of Ukraine, as long as it's legally possible.

The news came just hours after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi initiated a formal impeachment inquiry by alleging that the administration was hiding the complaint.

The senior administration official told Fox News that the White House had nothing to hide, that there has been no wrongdoing, and that the White House's general position has been that it will make everything possible available to Congress or the public regarding Trump's conversations with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and the complaint to the intelligence community's inspector general.

A source familiar with the matter told Fox News this week that the whistleblower had no firsthand knowledge of Trump's July call with Zelensky. Trump vowed earlier Tuesday to release a "complete" transcript of the call by Wednesday.

A senior administration official told Fox News there are a “few words” in the transcript that will raise eyebrows, but it is nowhere near as inflammatory as Democrats have suggested.

Yes, I do. Here’s what we know. 

1) McConnell and the Rs wouldn’t side with the Democrats about the color of the sky. All of a sudden today we have a 100-0 vote to release the transcripts of the call?

2) Trump is one of the most dishonest humans ever. He lives for the lie and to mislead. All of a sudden today he decided to release the call and the transcript? None of this adds up. They knew by delaying this it would send the dems into a tailspin.

I have no doubt he did something stupid, because duh, but once this got out there somebody from the WH briefed McConnell on the contents of the call and they laid the cheese for the angry mob. Pelosi’s instincts were right but she got overruled by her troops. If this turns out to be nothing it completely destroys the D’s chances of ever impeaching again and puts much-needed wind behind his sails for 2020. 
Is this the true? I thought it was going to be the "transcript" only. 

Which as someone already point out The White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the Trump–Putin Press Conference

For sure.  The more I think about the happier I am.  Pelosi caved to the extreme left and didn't even wait for the transcript or whistleblower report.  Amazing.  I am convinced this will blow up in the Dems face in 2020.  My biggest fear is the Dems getting control of the House and Senate and a progressive like Warren gets elected and ruins our country with her horrible policies.  This will get the dems in red districts on record and get them voted out for their stupidity.  Love it!
The extreme left?

You havent made up your mind...haven’t seen any reports and you already have it blowing up in the dems face?

Horrible policies are hurting this country now...

Really funny stuff...or are you still just trying to “mess with” people?

Yes, I do. Here’s what we know. 

1) McConnell and the Rs wouldn’t side with the Democrats about the color of the sky. All of a sudden today we have a 100-0 vote to release the transcripts of the call?

2) Trump is one of the most dishonest humans ever. He lives for the lie and to mislead. All of a sudden today he decided to release the call and the transcript? None of this adds up. They knew by delaying this it would send the dems into a tailspin.

I have no doubt he did something stupid, because duh, but once this got out there somebody from the WH briefed McConnell on the contents of the call and they laid the cheese for the angry mob. Pelosi’s instincts were right but she got overruled by her troops. If this turns out to be nothing it completely destroys the D’s chances of ever impeaching again and puts much-needed wind behind his sails for 2020. 
Great post.  The whistler blowers account and testimony  is the key here not the call.  Guaranteed the call will not provide anything that will change anyone’s current position.  There will be enough wiggle room for supporters to justify.  

Absolutely zero chance McConnell goes along with this without some foreknowledge that this doesn’t play politically well for R’s.   If the call would have actually revealed something they would have hid behind procedural technicalities forever and not forced it out in the open.  

WaPo: Giuliani pursued shadow Ukraine agenda as key foreign policy officials were sidelined

This is pretty wild. Importantly, it seems like a lot of people watched this scandal unfold in real time.

“Rudy — he did all of this,” one U.S. official said. “This s---show that we’re in — it’s him injecting himself into the process.”

Several officials traced their initial concerns about the path of U.S.-Ukrainian relations to news reports and interviews granted by Giuliani in which he began to espouse views and concerns that did not appear connected to U.S. priorities or policy.

The former New York mayor appears to have seen Zelensky, a political neophyte elected president of Ukraine in April and sworn in in May, as a potential ally on two political fronts: punishing those Giuliani suspected of playing a role in exposing the Ukraine-related corruption of former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort, and delivering political ammunition against Biden.

After the conclusion of special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s investigation of Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election, Giuliani turned his attention to Ukraine, officials said, and soon began pushing for personnel changes at the embassy while seeking meetings with Zelensky subordinates. He also had his own emissaries in Ukraine who were meeting with officials, setting up meetings for him and sending back information that he could circulate in the United States.

The U.S. ambassador to Ukraine, Marie Yovanovitch, became a primary Giuliani target.

Yovanovitch, a longtime State Department Foreign Service officer, arrived in Ukraine as ambassador at the end of the Obama administration, more than two years after an uprising centered on Kiev’s Independence Square ousted the Russian-leaning government.

Though she was widely respected in the national security community for her efforts to prod Ukraine to take on corruption, Giuliani targeted Yovanovitch with wild accusations including that she played a secret role in exposing Manafort and was part of a conspiracy orchestrated by the liberal financier George Soros.

“She should be part of the investigation as part of the collusion,” Giuliani said in a recent interview with The Washington Post, adding that “she is now working for Soros.” Yovanovitch is still employed by the State Department and is a fellow at Georgetown University. She declined to comment.

Yovanovitch, who was to depart in July after a three-year assignment, was prematurely ordered back to Washington, a move that both baffled and unnerved senior officials at the State Department and the White House, officials said.

Within days of her ouster on May 9, Giuliani seemed determined to seize an unsanctioned diplomatic role for himself, announcing plans to travel to Ukraine to push for investigations that would “be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government.”

Giuliani canceled the trip amid an ensuing backlash over his purpose but later met with one of Zelensky’s senior aides in Madrid and pressed the issue of Ukraine’s helping against Biden.

Just another day in Stupidgate. It's amazing how amazing this all is. McConnell can't hide from it anymore. The 100-0 Senate vote is... striking.

It appears that the more info that @Don't Noonan was waiting for was a Fox News report about a White House statement.
Hey chief, I am not the one who started impeachment proceedings today.   :lmao: . There are also many folks in here who thought is was time to impeach Trump two weeks ago.  But yeah, I am out of line.   :lol:

I feel very confident this is another nothing burger but like the Mueller report I will wait for it to play out.

Hey chief, I am not the one who started impeachment proceedings today.   :lmao: . There are also many folks in here who thought is was time to impeach Trump two weeks ago.  But yeah, I am out of line.   :lol:

I feel very confident this is another nothing burger but like the Mueller report I will wait for it to play out.
Neither did Pelosi. There was no vote and no articles of impeachment. Fundamentally, nothing's changed since this morning.

And I bet you don't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Impeachment proceedings were started today?

Is this the true? I thought it was going to be the "transcript" only. 

Which as someone already point out The White House Transcript Is Missing the Most Explosive Part of the Trump–Putin Press Conference
Apparently the calls between the president and foreign leaders aren’t recorded and haven’t been since 1974. So that makes this move by the D’s.....even worse. Trump’s mob boss way of persuading somebody isn’t going to show in the transcript. 

Great post.  The whistler blowers account and testimony  is the key here not the call.  Guaranteed the call will not provide anything that will change anyone’s current position.  There will be enough wiggle room for supporters to justify.  

Absolutely zero chance McConnell goes along with this without some foreknowledge that this doesn’t play politically well for R’s.   If the call would have actually revealed something they would have hid behind procedural technicalities forever and not forced it out in the open.  
They didn't really "force" anything, though. That senate resolution was non-binding, pure optics. The GOP knew this:

Igor Bobic @igorbobic

So I spoke to a few GOP senators just now about Schumer's resolution calling on the release of the whistleblower complaint. They didn't know what I was talking about or that it even happened.

"It's just a resolution, then?" Ron Johnson says. "I guess then, who cares?"

"I am not familiar with it. When did that occur?" senator Braun says of Schumer's resolution, which just passed "unanimously" on the floor.

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/1176606762700562433

They didn't really "force" anything, though. That senate resolution was non-binding, pure optics. The GOP knew this:
Makes sense, but I’m still concerned about Mitch being “on board” in any way.  I’d bet on Trump publicly admitting he was wrong (about anything) before I’d bet on Mitch doing something that has the slightest chance of being positive for the Democrats.  

To reiterate, this was Giuliani's full quote from May:

"We're not meddling in an election, we're meddling in an investigation, which we have a right to do. There's nothing illegal about it. Somebody could say it's improper. And this isn't foreign policy - I'm asking them to do an investigation that they're doing already and that other people are telling them to stop. And I'm going to give them reasons why they shouldn't stop it because that information will be very, very helpful to my client, and may turn out to be helpful to my government."

Trump supporters simply won't care.  Cross off 35% of the voting public from even having an opinion here.

Another 15-30% are GOP swayables...conservatives or republicans who don't like Trump, but don't like the MSM even more.  If Trump can spin this in such a way to get their support too, he can come out of this with more grievances than ever, care of the democratic house that voted to impeach as well as the MSM jumping all over this.

Trump supporters simply won't care.  Cross off 35% of the voting public from even having an opinion here.

Another 15-30% are GOP swayables...conservatives or republicans who don't like Trump, but don't like the MSM even more.  If Trump can spin this in such a way to get their support too, he can come out of this with more grievances than ever, care of the democratic house that voted to impeach as well as the MSM jumping all over this.
This sounds like new math.

Why in Gods name did Pelosi not wait until the transcript was released???  If this is another nothing they are going to hand Trump another 4 years!!
It's not about the transcripts. But better to get ahead before Trumo releases his sharpie doctored transcript. 

Why in Gods name did Pelosi not wait until the transcript was released???  If this is another nothing they are going to hand Trump another 4 years!!
please don't fall into the trap of thinking the transcript means anything, it's Trump's effort to get in front of the story and control the narrative

I think she was likely facing a rebellion if they didn't proceed based on what Trump has already publicly admitted to.

I too am hesitant.

Users who are viewing this thread