What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

I think I understand what you're trying to say, but, legally-speaking, you aren't using the more accurate words to describe what you're saying. 
It’s not legal speak, it’s about the role of being a parent despite what legal custody says. Geesh

A lot of funny answers fellas but not "letting" your daughter marry Donald Jr. is in the lead.   :lol:

Not a surprise that all the anti-Trump folks can't admit how successful Trump's kids are.  It doesn't always have to be partisan guys.  :rolleyes:
The Trump kids are successful.  Pretty hard not to be when your father is filthy rich.

But if I had a daughter I would hope she would marry a kind, moral, decent human being.  

Can you please explain? 
This isn’t about legal terms, it’s about the role of parents and just because a parent doesn’t have legal custody doesn’t mean they don’t play a role in their child’s development...good or bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: Zow
Not with whistleblowers 
Oh. 

Do you think it would be worthwhile for us to ask somebody with a dozen years plus of experience handling high level criminal matters concerning informants (i.e. whisleblowers, CIs, etc.) and the general process in which information is obtained from them by the prosecuting agency and the investigatory agency? Because I do know a guy who fits this description. 

So what do you guys have left now? Sondland knew about the quid pro quo, Ukraine knew about it, the State Department knew about it, but somehow Trump didn’t? Is that going to be the argument? 

The news about Zelensky also destroys Lindsay Graham’s “incoherent” argument; they knew what they were doing, and they just about got away with it. 

AND it makes all the attacks on the whistleblower look even more foolish and pathetic than they already did- the whistleblower basically stopped this corrupt act from taking place and, IMO, saved this nation’s honor. And our national security as well. 

That's sad. I thought people had moved on to the QPQ happened but it's not enough to impeach. 
I suspect that Trump defenders in general would like to move on to this argument but they can’t because Trump won’t allow it. He continues to insist there was no quid pro quo and that the call was perfect. 

With regard to the call, people who argue that they read nothing wrong in the heavily edited transcript can’t even make that silly argument any longer since its turned out to be a lot bigger than one phone call- it’s several months of pressure and blackmail against Ukraine, all personally directed by Donald Trump, all for his own political purposes in order to make a campaign rival look bad, and putting at risk our national security. 

I was at Arlington about 10 years ago. There was an elderly couple that we were close friends with here. They were like grandparents to our kids. He had served in the Air Force and was buried at Arlington. His wife wasn't well enough to make the trip to see his marker. We took pictures and video for her. It was the least we could for all they did for us and our kids. 

To think that anyone could spend a moment in that environment and make a connection to their own, non military, struggles; makes me want to 🤮.

I'm not one to show emotion in public, but I teared up that day, contemplating the lives forever altered due to the personal sacrifices, symbolized with each marker. Even having a son serving now, I still don't put our family, or my son, on that level. 

I was at Arlington about 10 years ago. There was an elderly couple that we were close friends with here. They were like grandparents to our kids. He had served in the Air Force and was buried at Arlington. His wife wasn't well enough to make the trip to see his marker. We took pictures and video for her. It was the least we could for all they did for us and our kids. 

To think that anyone could spend a moment in that environment and make a connection to their own, non military, struggles; makes me want to 🤮.

I'm not one to show emotion in public, but I teared up that day, contemplating the lives forever altered due to the personal sacrifices, symbolized with each marker. Even having a son serving now, I still don't put our family, or my son, on that level. 
Well you know who he gets it from. Recall that his dad once told Howard Stern that his (Trump’s) troubles with women was his own “personal Vietnam”- he missed the real Vietnam due to supposed bone spurs...

AND it makes all the attacks on the whistleblower look even more foolish and pathetic than they already did- the whistleblower basically stopped this corrupt act from taking place and, IMO, saved this nation’s honor. And our national security as well. 
More foolish, sure, but this will only intensify their desire to have whistleblower’s life destroyed. The scheme was working until they said something.

I suspect that Trump defenders in general would like to move on to this argument but they can’t because Trump won’t allow it. He continues to insist there was no quid pro quo and that the call was perfect. 

With regard to the call, people who argue that they read nothing wrong in the heavily edited transcript can’t even make that silly argument any longer since its turned out to be a lot bigger than one phone call- it’s several months of pressure and blackmail against Ukraine, all personally directed by Donald Trump, all for his own political purposes in order to make a campaign rival look bad, and putting at risk our national security. 
Totally agree on the first point. He has stuck with that odd "perfect call" phrasing too long now. There is also the laughably bad defense that we don't have video of Trump holding a newspaper with the date while admitting to all this type evidence - just everyone that works with him and has to testify saying it was occurring - so we cannot remove him.

This is all so clear. It's right there for everyone to see. 

Sadly don't think Senate will go for this. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Well you know who he gets it from. Recall that his dad once told Howard Stern that his (Trump’s) troubles with women was his own “personal Vietnam”- he missed the real Vietnam due to supposed bone spurs...
I think it was even worse - I think he was talking about avoiding STDs.

I'm just going to toss out that "custody" is a term often used broadly to mean different things. In reality, it may be defined by law differently in certain jurisdiction (for example, in my jurisdiction, the law doesn't really use "custody" but instead uses terms like parenting time, primary residential parent, and legal decision making). 

A lot of funny answers fellas but not "letting" your daughter marry Donald Jr. is in the lead.   :lol:

Not a surprise that all the anti-Trump folks can't admit how successful Trump's kids are.  It doesn't always have to be partisan guys.  :rolleyes:
It's real easy to run a hundred yard dash if you start at yard 98 thanks to Daddy's money. That's not success, that's luck. Start out in the projects with not a cent to your name and earn a million dollars(not loaned, like Grandpa did for Daddy) the hard way, that's success.

For me there isn’t 1 single inch of partisan in my feelings on this.  I thought Trump and his family were despicable long before he ever became a candidate for the Presidency.   🤷‍♂️   

I think the difference between “primary custody” and “sole custody” may be making a problem in this discussion. 
There is no problem. I’ve explained it over and over. This is ridiculous what you guys will argue about. Anyone saying that a parent didn’t get joint custody is a bad parent is a joke. Anyone that knows about divorce knows this isn’t true. I can’t believe you guys try to argue about this. To claim that 99% of parents that don’t have legal custody because they are bad parents is absurd. I’ve been divorced 7 years. I don’t have legal custody of my kids. They are now older than 19. I had my visitation during the week when they would stay with me. I paid alimony and child support. I still pay expenses for them. They are my kids and they love me and I love them. We see each other often and they thank me for how the divorce was handled. This is one topic you guys need to back off on. Custody is a legal term. It has nothing to do with how you raise your kids.

Oh. 

Do you think it would be worthwhile for us to ask somebody with a dozen years plus of experience handling high level criminal matters concerning informants (i.e. whisleblowers, CIs, etc.) and the general process in which information is obtained from them by the prosecuting agency and the investigatory agency? Because I do know a guy who fits this description. 
sure, but no one in history did what the lying sleazeball Schiff did so it isn't apples to apples

For me there isn’t 1 single inch of partisan in my feelings on this.  I thought Trump and his family were despicable long before he ever became a candidate for the Presidency.   🤷‍♂️   
I can understand Donald but to say that about his kids blows my mind.  I have no idea how how you can possibly have that opinion.

There is no problem. I’ve explained it over and over. This is ridiculous what you guys will argue about. Anyone saying that a parent didn’t get joint custody is a bad parent is a joke. Anyone that knows about divorce knows this isn’t true. I can’t believe you guys try to argue about this. To claim that 99% of parents that don’t have legal custody because they are bad parents is absurd. I’ve been divorced 7 years. I don’t have legal custody of my kids. They are now older than 19. I had my visitation during the week when they would stay with me. I paid alimony and child support. I still pay expenses for them. They are my kids and they love me and I love them. We see each other often and they thank me for how the divorce was handled. This is one topic you guys need to back off on. Custody is a legal term. It has nothing to do with how you raise your kids.
I didn’t say that. I said having custody vs not having custody affects how much influence a parent has on his or her child vs the sole custodial parent.  I have made no value judgments whatsoever about a parent who has no custody of the child. 

I can understand Donald but to say that about his kids blows my mind.  I have no idea how how you can possibly have that opinion.
To me I can’t fathom how you/anyone doesn’t have that opinion.  The arrogance he/they all exude is palpable, it just oozes from their pores.  Jr walks around as if he owns the world and as if he’s actually accomplished something extraordinary.  It’s not surprising or hard to understand considering their father’s attitude.  

I didn’t say that. I said having custody vs not having custody affects how much influence a parent has on his or her child vs the sole custodial parent.  I have made no value judgments whatsoever about a parent who has no custody of the child. 
Not at all, this isn’t a black and white issue. Just because a parent has sole custody doesn’t mean the other parent doesn’t have influence on the kids. Why is anyone arguing about this?  This is unreal.

Every one of his kids, with the exception of Tiffany, support/enable/condone/encourage/etc their father’s dispicable behavior.  

And before you try to bring it up...NO I would not do the same for my father if he was anything like Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread