Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

As an added point, this argument is almost always made when bad news is delivered: “well so what? We knew that already.” 

I'm just saying my expectations are low for all of this.

Adam Schiff begins his opening statement framing the Ukraine-Russia conflict and showcasing the stakes of President Trump’s effort to extort a country that is heavily dependent on the US.

Yes

I'll just have to disagree with you there.

1 hour ago, The General said:

So all these people understood there was QPQ but it wasn't coming from Trump. That's hard to buy.

I give the guy some credit.  He's got em cucked real good.

• Like 2

Schiff now outlining the timeline of the alleged Ukraine extortion plot.

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Yes

What percentage of the public do you think we will watch more than 15 minutes of today's hearing?

1 minute ago, squistion said:

Schiff now outlining the timeline of the alleged Ukraine extortion plot.

He's a former federal prosecutor.

Everything Schiff is saying has been confirmed under oath by non-partisan career public servants and Trump appointees, as well as public statements from Trump, his Chief of Staff, and the partial call transcript released by the White House.

1 minute ago, zoobird said:

What percentage of the public do you think we will watch more than 15 minutes of today's hearing?

That is what republicans are hoping that is happening.  Hell I wouldn't be suprised if Fox News is talking about cancel culture or Kayne West or some other topic

Chairman Schiff:

"A scheme to condition official acts or taxpayer funding to obtain a personal political benefit does not become less odious because it is discovered before it is fully consummated."

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Do you think a large % of the public is really going to tune into a week+ of 6 hour days to listen to this?  I feel like most people watching this in length have already made up their minds. 

IMO unless something big or new comes out, I don't think these hearings sway a lot of voters. 

I think it will be a combination of headlines, and viral clips, that will define the narrative for the general public.  Remember, even for political junkies, and TV pundits, this will be the first time seeing people testify in public to these facts.  So - how the media reacts will be just as important (maybe more) as the direct impact of people watching live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zoobird said:

No idea. All that I will predict is that these will be some of the highest ratings for news ever, and that it will only increase as these hearings go on. 

1 minute ago, TheMagus said:

If anyone says the words Fusion GPS I am going to break my computer.

How about “crossfire hurricane”? Is that OK? 

I couldn't believe how many people watched Comey's testimony.  I think more will watch this.

Just now, TheMagus said:

I really hope Devin Nunes pushes the "trying to leak nude photos of Trump" conspiracy like last time 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMagus said:

Don't listen to Nunes if you want to avoid a visit to Computer FixIt.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

Adam Schiff:

"If the President can simply refuse all oversight, particularly in the context of an impeachment proceeding, the balance of power between our two branches of government will be irrevocably altered. That is not what the Founders intended."

"Is that what Americans should now expect from their president? If this is not impeachable conduct, what is? Does the oath of office itself, requiring that our laws be faithfully executed, that our president defend a constitution ... still have meaning?"

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I think this will be a waste of everyone's time and money.  Do we expect any bombshells or anything we didn't already know?

"we"...as in us here?  Probably not.  I doubt most of America has paid as much attention to this as this forum though.  The one thing that does get resolved in all this is the "need" for whistle blower to testify and the incorrect application of the word "hearsay" that's been going around.  We get to hear directly from the sources there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

I really hope Devin Nunes pushes the "trying to leak nude photos of Trump" conspiracy like last time 

He just did and I really don't know wtf he is even talking about.

Devastating opening statement by Schiff. 

And now Nunes: corrupt media, Russian hoax! Steele Dossier, nude pictures of Trump. (?) 

• Laughing 1

9 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Do you think a large % of the public is really going to tune into a week+ of 6 hour days to listen to this?  I feel like most people watching this in length have already made up their minds. 

IMO unless something big or new comes out, I don't think these hearings sway a lot of voters. 

There are only 6-8 states in play for 2020. In those states, many independents haven't made up their mind. This impeachment hearing needs to have an impact on only 1% of the voters in those states to have consequences for 2020. A slowing Trump economy is also in play for 2020.

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

You got your wish! 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

28 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Do we expect any bombshells or anything we didn't already know?

I realize at least a 1/3rd of the country is set in stone on this, but keep in mind Trump helped trigger this by releasing the call memo/transcript, and then he sent out Mulvaney to do a press conference even though he was exposing a principle to this whole thing to open questioning. It appears the middle man has been cut out here, which is kind of interesting, if you want a wild card, it's Trump. - The only other thing I'd watch out for is if Kupperman and/or Bolton are told to testify by a court, not sure how long that will take though.

Defense = Process Defense, not a factual defense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Commish said:

"we"...as in us here?  Probably not.  I doubt most of America has paid as much attention to this as this forum though.  The one thing that does get resolved in all this is the "need" for whistle blower to testify and the incorrect application of the word "hearsay" that's been going around.  We get to hear directly from the sources there.

They just said the Whistleblower will not testify. 

Just now, Max Power said:

Which is the correct decision, right? 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Nunes: Secret depositions in a cult like atmosphere! 

Such a weird way to say "followed protocol," eh?

You got your wish! 

Why would Nunes claim the democrats are trying to leak what literally nobody on earth would ever want to see?

• Laughing 1

Just now, FF Ninja said:

Such a weird way to say "followed protocol," eh?

I have this image now of Schiff in a cowl, candles lighting the room, and mass chanting. 

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

good..kind of defies the purpose otherwise.

• Like 2

Devin Nunes just said that Democrats accuse Republicans of what they themselves are doing.  :mellow:

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

Which is the correct decision, right? 

Sure, but that opens up the narrative for the Rs to say whatever they want about him or however they want to portray him. 

Just now, squistion said:

Devin Nunes just said that Democrats accuse Republicans of what they themselves are doing.  :mellow:

:goodposting:

Nunes: civil servants have decided that they, not the President, are in in charge. 

Can anyone say “deep state”? 

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Sure, but that opens up the narrative for the Rs to say whatever they want about him or however they want to portray him. 

Let them. 

Schiff’s statement was intended for the public at large. 

Nunes’ statement appears to be intended for the Trump base. 

I didn't realize these two were testifying together. That is very interesting to me and I think probably powerful as they corroborate each other in real time.

Will any Republicans thank these guys for their service like they did Maguire?

5 minutes ago, squistion said:

I’m other news, Devin Nunes is the GOP showrunner in an impeachment proceeding.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Max Power said:

They're going to smear him whether he ever shows his face on camera or not. 

• Like 1

So this is now turned into a search for the identity of the WB?