What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Jim Jordan came across grating and whiny. I tuned him out, but loved Taylor’s correction on how Jordan described him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Radcliffe just say “if the Dems want to impeach Trump for extortion they are going to need to call Trump a liar”?
Yes. I think he meant Zelensky. 

He also mentioned that they would have to impeach Zelensky because of the lie. 

Very good questioning by Himes here.

ETA for those not listening/watching --> Kent has a background in international anti-corruption efforts and just asked him what would be the normal path for the US to take up an anti-corruption campaign with another country.
Can I assume his answer was not "Oh, exactly what the President did"?

Yes, the idea that we can't figure out whom to trust, so we should just distrust everyone -- facts and alternative facts are on par with each other -- is exactly what Russian propaganda efforts are designed inculcate. And to some extent, they're working.

I don't really know of a good solution. "Believe the Wall Street Journal instead of Breitbart" is good advice, but somebody who doesn't already know that isn't going to believe whoever tells it to them, so we're kind of at an epistemological dead end.
And, frankly, they're far more likely to believe whoever promotes their world view. 

Got Taylor to say he never heard anything about QPQ conditions from Trump or the Ukrainian president.  Jordan called him on having a "clear understanding" of the aid for investigation conditions by showing how he learned it second hand vs multiple meetings with the President.
On a scale of 1 to "destroying the Democrat case," that seems to be maybe a 1.2.

Ah, just like Trump Org as long as Trump does the right thing AFTER he gets busted, there's no foul.  

ETA

For example finally donated the money to the organizations he was supposed to in the first place and released the aid to the Ukraine after the WB report. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan doesn't seem to understand that just because something didn't happen doesn't mean a misdeed wasn't committed. If someone put a hit out on an enemy but the hitman fails to kill the person, a crime was still committed. I think Jordan was trying to argue that this would not have been a crime. 

Jordan doesn't seem to understand that just because something didn't happen doesn't mean a misdeed wasn't committed. If someone put a hit out on an enemy but the hitman fails to kill the person, a crime was still committed. I think Jordan was trying to argue that this would not have been a crime. 
His line of questioning is for two audiences. 

Trump and the FOX News hosts.

Great story out of Japan recently where a business dude hired a hitman to take out a rival. The hitman jobbed it out to another who jobbed it out to another who jobbed it out to another.  Nobody was killed and all five of them are in jail. 

That is a much less persuasive point when those with direct knowledge won’t take the stand to exonerate Trump. 
We are going to get at least one guy with direct knowledge, Mr. Sondland, a week from today. Should be very interesting. Taylor testified that Sondland called Trump on his cell phone (Sondland is the same guy of whom Trump said "I hardly know him".) Sondland never mentioned that call in his last testimony. In fact he said a whole lot of things that have been directly contradicted.

Stewart just said that maybe Obama telling Medvedev that he would have more flexibility after the election that he meant he would all Russia to march into the Ukraine and murder the Ukrainians.  

Not going to get banned :hot:

The main problem with these R questions and questioners is that they can't get away from acting like complete and total shills.  They might have the most reasoned and logical questions and trains of thought.....but when I hear "Obama", "Hunter", "Fusion GPS" and any number of other Conservative radio buzz and red meat words.... they lose credibility.  I know that most are probably playing their base and the POTUS.....but it might do them good to realize that there are still people on the fence with this. 

Will any Republicans thank these guys for their service like they did Maguire?
I haven't been able to watch all of this, but have any or the Republicans done this? I think they made Maguire blush with all their swooning during his testimony. From what I've seen (a good portion), none have offered even the faintest of thanks. 

Users who are viewing this thread