Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

Just now, KCitons said:

So this is now turned into a search for the identity of the WB?

Most conservatives seem to know the identity already.  Or think they know because they are constantly going on Fox News and blurting out the name "accidentally" 

Jordan already spitting out false accusations stating Schiff knows the WB identity. Schiff denied this. 

Edited by Waingro
  • Like 2

Schiff responds to point of order accusing him of preventing lines of inquiry.

The congressman replies that he only prevented exposing the identity of the whistleblower.

I thought it was interesting that Schiff said specifically that he does not know the identity of the whistleblower...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Most conservatives seem to know the identity already.  Or think they know because they are constantly going on Fox News and blurting out the name "accidentally" 

Constantly?

That's interesting considering I watch Fox News and have yet to hear his/her name.

George Kent starts his opening statement with a personal and family biography of their long service to America including an Uncle who was a POW in Japan.

Did Schiff just say he doesn't know who the whistleblower is?

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

I thought it was interesting that Schiff said specifically that he does not know the identity of the whistleblower...

For Schiff's sake that better be the truth because if proven otherwise, it just might undermine this whole investigation.

• Like 2

George Kent:

"It was unexpected, and most unfortunate, to watch some Americans — including those who allied themselves with corrupt Ukrainians in pursuit of private agendas — launch attacks on dedicated public servants advancing U.S. interests in Ukraine."

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

Did Schiff just say he doesn't know who the whistleblower is?

Yes. He has said all along that he does not want to know the whistleblower's identity. 

I would be surprised if Schiff "knows" the identity.

This is not to say that members of Schiff's staff don't know the identity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

For Schiff's sake that better be the truth because if proven otherwise, it just might undermine this whole investigation.

Why would it? 

Look, either Trump committed a high crime or he didn’t. The rest of this is just distraction. 

• Like 2

Just now, hagmania said:

Lol is Nunes looking at his phone

Checking how his cow thinks things are going so far. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 3

2 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Probably checking to see what his cow is saying about all this.  Or getting new talking points from trump or Hannity.

Ha, you beat me zoobird!

Edited by beef
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

That's damn funny. Pretty high bar considering what conservatives poo poo on a regular basis. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zoobird said:

Checking how his cow thinks things are going so far. 

Did the cow tell him to moove along?

Thank you, thank you, I'll see myself out!

• Like 1

George Kent:

"In mid-August, it became clear to me that Giuliani’s efforts to gin up politically-motivated investigations were now infecting U.S. engagement with Ukraine, leveraging President Zelenskyy’s desire for a White House meeting."

• Like 1

Its going to be interesting to see how the GOP attack Kent.  I think he could be more problematic for the GOP than it might appear at first blush.

24 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Sure, but that opens up the narrative for the Rs to say whatever they want about him or however they want to portray him. 

who?  The whistle blower that they don't know the identity of?  What do you mean "opens up the narrative"?  This ship has sailed....they aren't going to let identity get in the way of them saying whatever they want about him/her...they already are :shrug: 

That's the only card they have left in their hand....attack the source and not what the source is saying.  Identity will NOT get in the way of that.

Edited by The Commish

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Its going to be interesting to see how the GOP attack Kent.  I think he could be more problematic for the GOP than it might appear at first blush.

His opening statement was damning and he sounds pissed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Why would it? 

Look, either Trump committed a high crime or he didn’t. The rest of this is just distraction. 

Lying at this hearing would not go over well.  Bad enough he made the decision to "embellish" the Trump call, he has bungled a lot of this and if this fails fingers will be pointing at him for his handling of it.

Amb. Taylor has a perfect voice for announcing boxing matches.  

Just now, hagmania said:

Ambassador Taylor's voice 😳 😳 😳

This guy has a future in voice over work.

15 minutes ago, hagmania said:

Wonder who text him President Trump or Putin?  LOL 

Edited by greenroom

1 minute ago, greenroom said:

Wonder text him President Trump or Putin?  LOL 

All three are on a group chat.

Bill Taylor: It would be CRAZY to withhold Ukrainian assistance.

I think these opening statements are pretty important is setting the backdrop to "Why should we even care about Ukraine?"

• Like 1

No, it definitely wouldn't undermine the impeachment effort if the person acting as lead prosecutor was proven to be lying about knowledge of the whistleblower's identity.  That would have no effect on public opinion whatsoever. :rolleyes:

How can someone argue that it shouldn't matter with a straight face? Say you believe Schiff and since he was being truthful, there's nothing to worry about. But don't try and sell the idea that if it turns out he was lying, it wouldn't matter. Have some dignity.

Just now, Tolstoy said:

this guy is not a Putin fan.

No, not at all.  Sounds like a Republican prior to 2016.  

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2

Just now, squistion said:

Bill Taylor: It would be CRAZY to withhold Ukrainian assistance.

Full quote:

"As the Committee is aware, I wrote that withholding security assistance in exchange for help with a domestic political campaign in the United States would be 'crazy.' I believed that then and I believe it now."

• Like 1

Bill Taylor:

"My sole purpose is to provide facts as I know them about the incidents in question as well as my views about the strategic importance to Ukraine to the U.S."

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Why would it? 

that's ridiculous Tim.  If Schiff just lied about that, it's bad.

I was thinking that Tim was dead wrong about these hearings swaying public opinion. But listening to these opening statements.... it is going to be very difficult to try to paint these guys as partisan witch hunters or somehow reproachable characters.

• Like 4

A lot of "Acting" in the titles of Trump appointments...

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

No, it definitely wouldn't undermine the impeachment effort if the person acting as lead prosecutor was proven to be lying about knowledge of the whistleblower's identity.  That would have no effect on public opinion whatsoever. :rolleyes:

How can someone argue that it shouldn't matter with a straight face? Say you believe Schiff and since he was being truthful, there's nothing to worry about. But don't try and sell the idea that if it turns out he was lying, it wouldn't matter. Have some dignity.

It would be bad for Schiff...would it change the testimony of these other people?  If what they say is true...regardless of Schifff...that is bad for Trump.  Schiff's statement would have no bearing on that part, correct?

Seems odd to argue...well, Trump did everything they claim, but Schiff lied about the knowing the identity of the WB...so, none of it matters.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

I was thinking that Tim was dead wrong about these hearings swaying public opinion. But listening to these opening statements.... it is going to be very difficult to try to paint these guys as partisan witch hunters or somehow reproachable characters.

That's why they're probably just going to scream about the whistle-blower over and over and, if he/she is outed and a Democrat, scream about that and nothing else.

3 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

Normally I'd agree, but think about how gullible the audience is that they'd be trying to sell the lie(s) to.

2 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

A lot of "Acting" in the titles of Trump appointments...

With the President "acting" the way he does, not too surprising.

Bill Taylor:

"I encountered an irregular, informal channel of U.S. policymaking with respect to Ukraine, unaccountable to Congress. A channel that included" Kurt Volker, Gordon Sondland, Rick Perry, Mick Mulvaney, and "as I subsequently learned, Mr. Giuliani."

• Like 3

Not watching, but is the Republican line of defense that Schiff lied about knowing the whistleblower?

Wow, really weak sauce