Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

Trump is so lucky that everyone just accepts everything he says

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Why don't I ever get asked to testify in this situation?

"I think that is a question you should pose directly to Mr. Trump."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

Now he's talking about Obama and the hot mike with Putin in 2012. Oof.

Chewbacca defense surely will be deployed soon. 

• Like 1

Castor looks like he is trying to drop a deuce after each question he asks. This is more embarrassing than Nunes

• Like 2

Lol 2016!!!!!!

Come on. 

• Laughing 1

I know we're not supposed to talk about individual posters here but according to the @krista4 accords of twenty nineteen we are allowed to discuss them in a positive light if accompanied by a non political topic such as music while also referring to a political thread so anyways @Gr00vus just liked my post in the whistleblower thread and i saw the notification and now i have a song stuck in my head and i couldn't figure out what did it because it's not even a song i like and then i realized it was Gr00vus in the heart and now I'm mad at my brain. You may now resume your political commentary. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Ukraine should have been asked and cooperated in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Why were they asked in 2019? 

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

Castor looks like he is trying to drop a deuce after each question he asks. This is more embarrassing than Nunes

Agreed. Wow. I take back my earlier sentiment that I had hoped they let the staff lawyers do the questioning. At least if this was Nunes it would be entertaining. And we could make cow jokes.

2 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I know we're not supposed to talk about individual posters here but according to the @krista4 accords of twenty nineteen we are allowed to discuss them in a positive light if accompanied by a non political topic such as music while also referring to a political thread so anyways @Gr00vus just liked my post in the whistleblower thread and i saw the notification and now i have a song stuck in my head and i couldn't figure out what did it because it's not even a song i like and then i realized it was Gr00vus in the heart and now I'm mad at my brain. You may now resume your political commentary. 

It is a quality tune.

Astronomical!

Edited by Gr00vus

i'm going to ask you a bunch of stupid questions now, none of which I expect you have the knowledge to answer.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

This is not going well for the GOP.. I don't know ..   is not a answer they are looking for.  

Can you please tell me Mr. Kent what color of socks were you wearing while you read the read out? 

3 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

Ugh, just ugh.

At the end of this hearing, Castor is going to pull a mask off his face Scooby Doo-style and scream "A ha, I got you, 'twas I, Michael Cohen, all along."

• Like 1

I think they are trying to make him look confused. Because they are asking dumb questions. 

The guy behind the ambassador blinks an awful lot.  Is he is sending out a Morse code?   Blink Blink Blink Blink    Blink Blink  Blink Blink Blink    =  t r u m p    i s  g u i l t y      s e n d h e l p

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, Dickies said:

Rudy Giuliani would be better at this than Castor

It really feels like he has no plan here.  Just a bunch of questions that someone else wants him to ask.

• Like 1

Rudy Giuliani would be better at this than Castor

Is Rudy actually going to do his podcast to give his view on the testimony or was that all talk?

Rachel Maddow MSNBC‏ @maddow 2m2 minutes ago

Legitimately surprising to me that the GOP counsel appears to be asking a bunch of freeform basic factual questions to which he doesn’t know the answer.

Alexandra chalupa just sounds like such a made up name it's like wag the dog and old shoe.  

So the Republicans seriously found a Democrat woman, whose name is like a boy's name but it's actually a girl's name, and her last name is on the taco bell menu?

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

It really feels like he has no plan here.  Just a bunch of questions that someone else wants him to ask.

It’s a stark contrast to Goldman. Goldman was concise and methodical in his questioning. Castor is non-sensical, jumping all over the place to random old topics, and his body language shows he is very uncomfortable. 

George Kent is also a very sharp guy. 

23 minutes ago, TheMagus said:

So Nunes is just going to ask Taylor about a bunch of conspiracy theory stuff so he can answer that he doesn't know anything about that? Oof.

Did he bring up Roswell and the moon landing? Flat Earther? 

2 minutes ago, Dickies said:

It’s a stark contrast to Goldman. Goldman was concise and methodical in his questioning. Castor is non-sensical, jumping all over the place to random old topics, and his body language shows he is very uncomfortable. 

George Kent is also a very sharp guy. 

Could have something to do with the Democrats taking this seriously and the Republicans didn't because their boss told them it was a big nothing burger

The proper response is "I don't know if Hunter Biden held any ability to hold that position. But, I also don't know if any of Trumps kids have any ability to hold the positions that they've held"

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

600K a year  not bad money. 

But the way the RNC is going about the Hunter Biden salary .. a sane person would think the RNC is talking about 50 million dollars.  

14 minutes ago, KCitons said:

Ukraine should have been asked and cooperated in 2016, 2017 and 2018. Why were they asked in 2019? 

If I understand your question correctly, it's because Donald is trailing Sleepy Joe by double digits in most polling. The 2020 election, and subsequent smear job, is fully underway. 

1 minute ago, KCitons said:

The proper response is "I don't know if Hunter Biden held any ability to hold that position. But, I also don't know if any of Trumps kids have any ability to hold the positions that they've held"

🎙️ drop

Just now, yak651 said:

Could have something to do with the Democrats taking this seriously and the Republicans didn't because their boss told them it was a big nothing burger

That sounds like it's their problem now. Maybe don't just listen to the guy facing impeachment, do some research for themselves, so they don't get their heads kicked in on Day 1 of public hearings.

2 minutes ago, KCitons said:

I’m glad he didn’t go there. 

• Like 2

GOP talking point:  This irregular channel was not as outlandish as it could be!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

"In regards to this irregular channel, Ambassador Taylor, you agree that this channel is not as outlandish as it could be?"

This is a real question?!?!

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

The idea that Kent's and Taylor's testimony is unimpressive because they weren't in the President's inner circle and didn't speak to him directly is pretty goofy.

Members of the President's inner circle who spoke to him directly have been subpoenaed and have been instructed by the President not to testify. We can infer that their testimony would not be helpful to the President. He wouldn't bar witnesses from testifying if they were going to exonerate him.

"None of the witnesses are in the President's inner circle" is a point in favor of impeachment, not against it.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Whoever said that guy in the background blinks way too much, screw you. Can’t unsee. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, hagmania said:

"In regards to this irregular channel, Ambassador Taylor, you agree that this channel is not as outlandish as it could be?"

This is a real question?!?!

The look on Taylor’s face would be good meme material. 

17 minutes ago, Tolstoy said:

i'm going to ask you a bunch of stupid questions now, none of which I expect you have the knowledge to answer.

Damn Zumba. :kicksrock:

Whoever said that guy in the background blinks way too much, screw you. Can’t unsee. 

It is like he is communicating to someone by morse code with his blinks.

2 minutes ago, Dickies said:

I miss the lady behind the Majority Counsel :wub: 

Edited by Slapdash

8 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The idea that Kent's and Taylor's testimony is unimpressive because they weren't in the President's inner circle and didn't speak to him directly is pretty goofy.

Members of the President's inner circle who spoke to him directly have been subpoenaed and have been instructed by the President not to testify. We can infer that their testimony would not be helpful to the President. He wouldn't bar witnesses from testifying if they were going to exonerate him.

"None of the witnesses are in the President's inner circle" is a point in favor of impeachment, not against it.

My feeling was always been not cooperating, would start to begin looking like "What are they hidding."

TAYLOR on Gordon Sondland:

"It's a little unusual for the U.S. Ambassador to the E.U. to play a role in Ukraine policy." Castor follows up, "It might be irregular, but it's certainly not outlandish."

Taylor smiles, but doesn't actually answer.

Just now, Juxtatarot said:

The differences in looking at cnn.com and foxnews.com right now are extraordinary.  

Is Fox News playing this live?

Was this GOP lawyer not brought up to speed on the depositions by the GOP prior to today?

Seems like he's trying to go down the "trump was just doing his duty by asking for help on an investigation into a corrupt company"  which then begs the questions on timing. 

Is Fox News playing this live?

Yeah, but its all dubbed over in Japanese.  It's the GOP's latest tactic.  They call it the "Reverse Godzilla".

• Laughing 7