Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

She's obviously smart, so I'm not sure what angle she sees coming from the district she does.  Maybe you could argue that if she won in 2018 it's unlikely Dems will ever take her seat, but it seems like she's dancing close to the edge by putting on the MAGA hat.

12 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Well for starters you can go to the stunt she and Nunes pulled at the start of Marie Yova's testimony.

She knew what the rules said and tried to interrupt when she didn't have the right to speak.  Then made a huge scene about "abuse of power" when the rules were observed despite her histrionics.

Yup, they knew exactly what they were doing and got the desired reaction.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Well, now you have. You tell lies to defend a psychologically unstable man who calls people “scum” for telling the truth about him. Good luck with your campaign.

Conway might make sense as a husband, knowing things, who feels his wife has had her reputation destroyed and abused by her by boss. At least the vitriol beyond sheer principle coupled with his continued marriage with her might make some sense that way.

In the least surprising news ever...

Federal prosecutors in New York are investigating whether Rudy Giuliani stood to profit personally from a Ukrainian natural-gas business pushed by two associates who also aided his efforts there to launch investigations that could benefit President Trump, people familiar with the matter said.

Mr. Giuliani’s associates, Lev Parnas and Igor Fruman, pitched their new company, and plans for a Poland-to-Ukraine pipeline carrying U.S. natural gas, in meetings with Ukrainian officials and energy executives this year, (WSJ, paywalled)

Grifters gonna grift.  

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

This is very much worth reading. It’s long, but not nearly as long as watching all the hearings or reading all the transcripts. It’s a good summary of everything we know so far in the form of a fairly dramatic narrative. It also makes clear that Sondland will be a very important witness.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/how-a-cia-analyst-alarmed-by-trumps-shadow-foreign-policy-triggered-an-impeachment-inquiry/2019/11/15/042684a8-03c3-11ea-8292-c46ee8cb3dce_story.html

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Conway might make sense as a husband, knowing things, who feels his wife has had her reputation destroyed and abused by her by boss. At least the vitriol beyond sheer principle coupled with his continued marriage with her might make some sense that way.

I honestly don't know how she puts up with him.  He is disrespectful and spread lies constantly.  Crazy

• Like 1

So earlier today Trump tweeted about the stock market’s record numbers, for which he deservedly can take a bow. But he then went on to predict, as he has many times before, that if this impeachment were to go through and if he was removed from office, the stock market would collapse and there would be a new Great Depression. 

Of course this is hyperbole as usual from our President. But I think it sets up a great question that I would love to hear a reporter ask him at his next impromptu press conference: 

“Mr. President, you tweeted that if the impeachment results in you being removed from office the stock market will collapse. What is it about a Mike Pence administration that would cause this to happen?” 

• Laughing 3

4 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

No, there were no bombshells at all last week a gigantic waste of time.  None of these people helped the Dems case at all as they have no first hand knowledge and admitted when asked they knew of no crime or impeachable offense.

Yes because Holmes listening in on on the Sondland/Trump phone call was not first hand knowledge, and Taylor direct conversations and texts with Sondland was not first hand knowledge.🤣

Edited by lazyike
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The decision to trot out Stefanik was interesting in its own right. She was like a burner or hockey defenseman sent out to consume time and beat up the star but not caring if he gets penalized:

they are called goons.

• Laughing 2

Just now, lazyike said:

Yes because Holmes ilistening in on on the Sondland/Trump phone call was not first hand knowledge, and Taylor direct conversations and text  with Sondland was not first hand knowledge.🤣

agreed 

1 minute ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

they are called goons.

After seeing "Taxin' Tedra" I was thinking stooge.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

In the least surprising news ever...

Grifters gonna grift.  

America’s Grifter - The story of the rise and fall of Rudy Giuliani.

Stanley Tucci’s signature role. 

37 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

they are called goons.

(I realize that I just that it might be taken the wrong way)

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

1 hour ago, Apple Jack said:

Schiff didn't interrupt her, she interrupted the hearing. She had no business opening her mouth until her five minutes. Btw, which she spent reading headlines about Adam Schiff and couldn't even be bothered to utilize all of her time.

Good lord. :lmao:

I heard her interrupt while I was listening on the radio. She was one of the better GOP examiners in the Taylor/Kent hearing. Sad that is what she caused a scene over

58 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

After seeing "Taxin' Tedra" I was thinking stooge.

Sounds like an insult Sarah Palin would use

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

So earlier today Trump tweeted about the stock market’s record numbers, for which he deservedly can take a bow. But he then went on to predict, as he has many times before, that if this impeachment were to go through and if he was removed from office, the stock market would collapse and there would be a new Great Depression. 

Of course this is hyperbole as usual from our President. But I think it sets up a great question that I would love to hear a reporter ask him at his next impromptu press conference: 

“Mr. President, you tweeted that if the impeachment results in you being removed from office the stock market will collapse. What is it about a Mike Pence administration that would cause this to happen?” 

Trump is proposing his own Quid Pro Quo to We the People. He wants us to call our Congressional leaders to let them know we don't want Trump to be impeached and/or removed because the economy will collapse. Trump is threatening us with a collapsing economy unless we give in to his demands to remain in power. The guy can't stop.