What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (1 Viewer)

When the public learns that Trump mentioned Biden, they’re going to realize that this is a bad thing, an impeachable thing, right? They’re not going to act like Mr. Anonymous in this thread right? Because it seems to me that the whole reason this is different is because most people don’t need an explanation as to why this is wrong. And if that’s not the case we’re really ####ed as a nation, IMO. 
You underestimate the malleability of human beings, especially when tribal politics are involved.

All Trump has to do is tell his supporters "Joe Biden should be investigated!" and they will fall in line.

Schiff: this was a Mafia like shakedown of a foreign leader. 
Not a good one.  In good ones the Don uses a buffer and makes them an offer they can't refuse.  Here, no buffers and a fairly crappy, pedestrian offer. No, I judge this to be far too ham-handed for a Mafia shakedown. I mean credit where credit is due.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I read that one this morning. I actually agreed with Goodwin on one point: we both made the assumption that Trump would never release that transcript if it was damning. 

We were both wrong. 
"Knowing all of this, is anybody dumb enough to believe that I would say something inappropriate with a foreign leader while on such a potentially “heavily populated” call."

And that's not because I'm a fan of Trump. I just realize what this sets up for the future. It's a horrible can of worms being opened here.
Consider this: it's much, much more dangerous for this to go un-checked. 

1. Congress has a constitutional obligation to perform oversight over the executive branch.  They have to do this.  An un-checked president is a dictator.

2. it cannot be ok for presidents to leverage the power of their office to trash political rivals.  It's worse that he uses a foreign county to do so, it's even worse that he attempts to use Congressionally appropriated funds to force the issue.

Consider this: it's much, much more dangerous for this to go un-checked. 

1. Congress has a constitutional obligation to perform oversight over the executive branch.  They have to do this.  An un-checked president is a dictator.

2. it cannot be ok for presidents to leverage the power of their office to trash political rivals.  It's worse that he uses a foreign county to do so, it's even worse that he attempts to use Congressionally appropriated funds to force the issue.
🎯

Looks like Rudy thinks the State Department asked him to step in, but they seem to have claimed otherwise.

Rudy Giuliani told Sean Hannity on Fox News Monday night that his recent dealings with Ukraine were initiated by the State Department.

"The State Department called me and said would I take a call from Mr. [Andriy] Yermak, who's No. 2 or three to the president-elect who is now the president," said Giuliani, one of President Trump's personal attorneys.

Giuliani said he then spoke with Yermak and that he then passed along the "enormously important facts" to the State Department.

When reached for comment, a State Department spokesperson said, "Mr. Giuliani is a private citizen and acts in a personal capacity as a lawyer for President Trump. He does not speak on behalf of the U.S. Government."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462761-giuliani-says-state-department-asked-him-to-take-call-from-ukrainian-official
Uhhh they didn't claim otherwise. All they said is he does not speak for us.

Who cares?  We should all want to know what the truth is at the end of the day.  But politics
Why didn't Trump have the FBI, with the leader he appointed, or the DOJ, with the leader he appointed, investigate Biden and his son?  Why turn to the Ukranian leader. There are processes in place to investigate.  I'll hang up now and pretend I think you'll give an actual answer.

Trump could ask the GRU to assassinate Mitt Romney and 2/3 of this Senate wouldn’t vote to remove him from office. That says nothing about the seriousness of the charges and everything about the character of the Senate majority. 
Not even Romney would vote to remove him from office in this example

I already have.  Schiff claimed repeatedly that he had hard evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump.  How can you defend that lie?  
He said there was direct evidence. There was. The Goldstein emails were direct evidence of collusion. The Mueller report explicitly stated that the decision that there was insufficient evidence to charge conspiracy was not a conclusion that there was no evidence of conspiracy. 

By Robert Costa

September 25 at 12:03 PM

Several Senate Republicans were stunned Wednesday and questioned the White House’s judgment after it released a rough transcript of President Trump’s call with the Ukraine president that showed Trump offering the help of the U.S. attorney general to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

One Senate Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly, said the transcript’s release was a “huge mistake” that the GOP now has to confront, even as they argue that House Democrats are overreaching with their impeachment effort.

A top Senate GOP aide said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is expecting Wednesday’s closed-door lunch to be eventful and possibly tense as Republicans react to the transcript and debate their next step.

“It remains troubling in the extreme. It’s deeply troubling,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) told reporters Wednesday, when asked about the transcript.

Three Senate GOP aides said Wednesday that their bosses were grousing and frustrated by the White House’s decision and the sense that Republican lawmakers were being forced into the difficult position of defending Trump while contending with what many see as an alarming or at least problematic transcript.

But other Senate Republicans, allied with Trump, were dismissive. “Wow. Impeachment over this?” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) tweeted. “What a nothing (non-quid pro quo) burger.”

While many Republicans continue to dismiss Democrats’ impeachment efforts, cracks have begun to emerge privately as GOP lawmakers have discussed Trump’s conduct and their party’s political standing — and those fault lines could foreshadow how Senate Republicans ultimately handle a trial, should the House impeach the president, according to several lawmakers and aides.

Looks like Rudy thinks the State Department asked him to step in, but they seem to have claimed otherwise.

Rudy Giuliani told Sean Hannity on Fox News Monday night that his recent dealings with Ukraine were initiated by the State Department.

"The State Department called me and said would I take a call from Mr. [Andriy] Yermak, who's No. 2 or three to the president-elect who is now the president," said Giuliani, one of President Trump's personal attorneys.

Giuliani said he then spoke with Yermak and that he then passed along the "enormously important facts" to the State Department.

When reached for comment, a State Department spokesperson said, "Mr. Giuliani is a private citizen and acts in a personal capacity as a lawyer for President Trump. He does not speak on behalf of the U.S. Government."

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/462761-giuliani-says-state-department-asked-him-to-take-call-from-ukrainian-official
State Department going into CYA mode here.

This is just too good. I can't wait to see the SNL sketch on this one. 

State department: "#######it, Rudy, shut the #### up."

Sammy3469 said:
So by “many” you actually mean none of them.  Stop making #### up.
Not making anything up, reporting what I heard Rubio say.  Extremely disgusting act by Democrats if true.  Very believable based on their actions the past 3 years.

I think many would disagree with you on that.  
They are seeing something that is clearly not there

real quid pro quo is when Biden says fire the prosecutor or you are not getting the money

asking to get to the bottom of something is an honorable request and since he is asking that of a man who ran on honesty, no quid pro quo is required to get Zelensky to do the right thing here and discover the truth.

Byron Tau‏Verified account @ByronTau

The Justice Department acknowledges in a statement that its public integrity section reviewed whether Trump committed a potential violation of federal campaign finance law. The criminal division closed the matter by taking no action.

7:11 AM - 25 Sep 2019
This is NOT the way this works.

By Robert Costa

September 25 at 12:03 PM

Several Senate Republicans were stunned Wednesday and questioned the White House’s judgment after it released a rough transcript of President Trump’s call with the Ukraine president that showed Trump offering the help of the U.S. attorney general to investigate Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden.

One Senate Republican, who requested anonymity to speak candidly, said the transcript’s release was a “huge mistake” that the GOP now has to confront, even as they argue that House Democrats are overreaching with their impeachment effort.

A top Senate GOP aide said Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is expecting Wednesday’s closed-door lunch to be eventful and possibly tense as Republicans react to the transcript and debate their next step.

“It remains troubling in the extreme. It’s deeply troubling,” Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) told reporters Wednesday, when asked about the transcript.

Three Senate GOP aides said Wednesday that their bosses were grousing and frustrated by the White House’s decision and the sense that Republican lawmakers were being forced into the difficult position of defending Trump while contending with what many see as an alarming or at least problematic transcript.

But other Senate Republicans, allied with Trump, were dismissive. “Wow. Impeachment over this?” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) tweeted. “What a nothing (non-quid pro quo) burger.”

While many Republicans continue to dismiss Democrats’ impeachment efforts, cracks have begun to emerge privately as GOP lawmakers have discussed Trump’s conduct and their party’s political standing — and those fault lines could foreshadow how Senate Republicans ultimately handle a trial, should the House impeach the president, according to several lawmakers and aides.
These guys have obviously never learned the secret shared by so many here at FBGs -- you just never ever acknowledge that anything the Worst President Ever does is wrong. There's always an excuse.

They are seeing something that is clearly not there

real quid pro quo is when Biden says fire the prosecutor or you are not getting the money

asking to get to the bottom of something is an honorable request and since he is asking that of a man who ran on honesty, no quid pro quo is required to get Zelensky to do the right thing here are discover the truth.
:goodposting: Well of course you are correct.  Do you expect the same folks who think Trump should be impeached over Russiagate to actually be partial on this?  No chance.  They stormed the castle with their pitch forks last night and there is no turning back.  It is hilarious to watch.

Schiff claimed repeatedly that he had hard evidence of collusion between Russia and Trump. 
Schiff: “I gather you believe knowingly accepting foreign assistance during a presidential campaign is an unethical thing to do.”

Mueller: “And a crime in given circumstances."

Schiff: "...also unpatriotic."

Mueller: "True."
Fyi.

- Note this is the third time that Trump has been referred to the DOJ or Congress for campaign finance violations and obstruction:

• Mueller to Congress - obstruction, Lewandowski, Stone, Manafort, Flynn, Trump.
  • SDNY to DOJ - Cohen-Trump.
  • The IC IF Atkinson to DOJ & Congress - Giuliani-Trump.

Users who are viewing this thread