What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.
This stain will last for the rest of our/their lives.  This era will end, but the actions of those who chose party over country?

It. Is. On. The. Record. 

This can’t be denied like 90% of those who never copped to supporting Nixon.  We will always know where allegience truly stands.

Sadly, party. Not country. At least we know. In their on words.

Only 35-40%

(what have we become. Or worse yet, what have we always been?).
Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 

Dumb comment. Yes, while some are overly consumed with the WB, most are discussing the actual evidence. I think both sides have generally done a good, and respectful job t the witnesses.

I can't claim to be a huge fan of Schiff, but he ended the inquiry with a bang. This was only a part of it. Very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 
It’s far more than the wacky fringe. It’s the right leaning side of “respectful society”

This is a significant part of who and what we are, as a nation. And that is reflected on how we are seen on the world stage.  I could never have imagined such a precipitous drop in world wide respect for our country. It’s clear that’s what has and is occurring.

All for judges and a little bump in our collective 401k.  Is selling our soul and role as beacon on the hill really worth it?

What is in these, supposed, reports that you know about yet others are not privy to knowing about? What position in government do you hold that allows you to know things the public won't know until there is a report? What is there to learn? Is this the November surprise we were promised last year?
This is funny...for 3 years been reading on here all these posters with “inside sources” about Trump going down and how involved with Russia etc. and now it starts from the other side 

laughable at all the folks who either are clueless or are just fanning the flames 

Ronnie would be embarrassed and ashamed to be mentioned in the same sentence. 
I wish this dialogue would die. Those that support the foolishness want to talk about anything but the facts. It's why they throw bait out there like second best president since Raegan. Just seeing which guppy will bite, so the subject can be changed with minutia that doesn't mean anything. 

Stay on topic. They cannot rebuttal with anything but nonsense if you do. 

I wish this dialogue would die. Those that support the foolishness want to talk about anything but the facts. It's why they throw bait out there like second best president since Raegan. Just seeing which guppy will bite, so the subject can be changed with minutia that doesn't mean anything. 

Stay on topic. They cannot rebuttal with anything but nonsense if you do. 
whoa, I was right there with you until your 2nd sentence.  The facts are on the Republicans side here.  No witness says there was a crime or bribery, phone transcript is legit and Trump said nothing wrong, aid was delivered, no quid pro quo.  This is all on topic and Trump is winning.

whoa, I was right there with you until your 2nd sentence.  The facts are on the Republicans side here.  No witness says there was a crime or bribery, phone transcript is legit and Trump said nothing wrong, aid was delivered, no quid pro quo.  This is all on topic and Trump is winning.
You're distorting the facts to fit what you want to believe instead of what actually happened. And it isn't any more complicated than that. 

4 Times!!!  Well then, you got me.
It’s a great place to go- if you’re a fan you really need to see it sometime. 

But I didn’t need to go there to know what he’d think of Donald Trump. Trump has tried to destroy nearly everything that Reagan stood for: internationalism, free trade, open immigration, a path to citizenship for the undocumented, fiscal responsibility and conservatism. And most of all, opposition to tyrants abroad. 

It’s a great place to go- if you’re a fan you really need to see it sometime. 

But I didn’t need to go there to know what he’d think of Donald Trump. Trump has tried to destroy nearly everything that Reagan stood for: internationalism, free trade, open immigration, a path to citizenship for the undocumented, fiscal responsibility and conservatism. And most of all, opposition to tyrants abroad. 
Fiscal responsibility? Are you giving him a pass due to the Cold War?  National debt exploded in the 80s.

Another day in the books, and it's looking more and more likely that Trump will get impeached, despite the efforts by him and others to keep the truth from coming out. I do think the Senate still doesn't convict, but I've been wrong before.

Another day in the books, and it's looking more and more likely that Trump will get impeached, despite the efforts by him and others to keep the truth from coming out. I do think the Senate still doesn't convict, but I've been wrong before.
Whether the Senate convicts depends on the pressure Senators feel for their jobs

You have a better chance playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than Trump getting removed by the Senate.

Schiff has made mistakes but did great here.  Almost as good as his Russia “It’s not OK” speech.
Especially if you contrast his closing with that of Nunes. It was five minutes of half truths (and I think I'm being kind) that had practically no bearing on the issues at hand. I recall thinking that Schiff could have made a snarky remark or could have addressed those half-truths one by one, but he stayed on message and above the fray. No link, sorry; you had to be there.

Users who are viewing this thread