Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

1 minute ago, jamny said:

I don't know but he just testified under oath that multiple people shared concerns with him about Vindman's judgement. I don't know what to make of a written review. I'm sure we'll learn more when Hill testifies.

Hopefully we will find out from Hill.

Just a thought. Do you think it's possible, due to changes in how this administration was going to interact with Ukraine, that people such as Vindman and Yovanovitch, were going to cause problems for any alternate channel or request for investigating a U.S. citizen?

The question I would like answered, what happened in the first half of 2019, that would change how Vindman and Yovanovitch are seen as anything but Patriots, serving their country first.

jamny said:

I don't know but he just testified under oath that multiple people shared concerns with him about Vindman's judgement. I don't know what to make of a written review. I'm sure we'll learn more when Hill testifies.

Were the "multiple people" Trump and Sondland?
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Joe Summer said:

It worked with Yovanovitch.

On 11/16/2019 at 1:43 PM, timschochet said:

I’d like to address this one point because Devin Nunes said the same thing in his closing remarks. I considered it wishful thinking and still do. 

I find the testimony absolutely riveting so far and I expect it will be more so next year week, especially Sondland and Vindman. On the other hand I’m quite obviously a political junkie so my opinion on this is not to be trusted. So let’s put it out there: putting aside your views on the issues, have the two days of hearings so far been interesting to watch? Dull? What do you think? 

Okay, just clicked on a live cspan feed of this Volker guy testifying, and I can confirm, this is an absolute snoozefest of a boutique issue.  Volker was a McCain Institute guy, it's wild how their hawkish views on Ukraine are presented as the 'responsible' 'adult in the room' stance.  This is boring, it's pointless, it will go nowhere.  I'm a political junky too, it's not that this is some inside baseball, it's just a privilege/status issue that people aren't going to care about.  

7 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

The names were mentioned during Vindland's testimony and no it wasn't Trump and not sure if one was Sondland.

Volker testifying that Putin and Erdogan are very corrupt yet Trump frequently gives them an audience.  Trump is supposedly concerned about corruption though lolz. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

So this "Manafort" guy was linked to the corrupt Ukrainian officials?  Hhmm, where have I heard that name before? Oh yeah, the guy in jail that was Trump's campaign manager. 

Allegedly campaign manager. 

• Thanks 1

Somewhat dumb comments by Swalwell at the end of his questioning which set up Hurd to ask the witness whether he did think it was wrong. 

18 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

There's nothing in Vindman's entire career to suggest he has bad judgment.  In fact quite the opposite. 

Morrison just testified that he heard Trump request Ukraine to investigate the Bidens though.  That's enough right there to throw Trump from office.  

Oh, I see now. The concern about Vindman's "judgment" is that he would do the right thing and not cover up Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.   @jamny

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Every elected official that keeps saying "Russia hoax" should be investigated. They are saying thousands of people in our IC are lying to the American people. I want to know why they are taking this stance. 

When the IG and Durham reports come out you will learn a lot.  The problem with our media is they have not reported about the FISA abuse.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Volker testifying that Putin and Erdogan are very corrupt yet Trump frequently gives them an audience.  Trump is supposedly concerned about corruption though lolz. 

Corruption = not allowing me to do what I want.

Therefore, the rebrand what "Corruption" is, is the goal. If Trump is successful in rebranding "Corruption" as truth, and truth as "Corruption", he is then able to do what he wants without question because who will believe corruption when corruption is in fact, truth?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

When the IG and Durham reports come out you will learn a lot.  The problem with our media is they have not reported about the FISA abuse.

How is this relevant to Trump trying to bribe the Ukraine?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, timschochet said:

A couple surprises today, one I think somewhat for Trump, one somewhat bad: 

The somewhat good surprise was when Vindman confirmed that the call record was accurate. All of the conspiracy talk about ellipses can be tossed out, all of the silly arguments about how the transcript wasn’t a transcript, etc. We can forget all that. (personally I always thought it was irrelevant anyway since I believe, and still do, that the transcript we have is damaging enough as it is.) 

The somewhat bad news is that Volker, the Republican’s witness, completely exonerated Joe Biden and made Trump look absurd and conspiratorial, and the continuing request for Hunter Biden as a witness look foolish.  

Voelker simply said he holds Joe Biden to a high regard.  He had no idea of the Biden/Burisma relationship details.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

What is in these, supposed, reports that you know about yet others are not privy to knowing about? What position in government do you hold that allows you to know things the public won't know until there is a report? What is there to learn? Is this the November surprise we were promised last year?

4 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Can you predict what the reports will say?

Just now, Kal El said:

How is this relevant to Trump trying to bribe the Ukraine?

All witnesses so far have denied that Trump tried to bribe Ukraine.  Sorry.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

All witnesses so far have denied that Trump tried to bribe Ukraine.  Sorry.

Not even a little bit truthful.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Oh, I see now. The concern about Vindman's "judgment" is that he would do the right thing and not cover up Trump asking the Ukraine to investigate the Bidens.   @jamny

Where do you get that from?

I think one of the concerns might be how he perceived the "demand" from Trump.

34 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

There's nothing in Vindman's entire career to suggest he has bad judgment.  In fact quite the opposite. 

Morrison just testified that he heard Trump request Ukraine to investigate the Bidens though.  That's enough right there to throw Trump from office.  

I was very busy today. Is that an actual thing Morrison testified to?

Edited by Henry Ford

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Ever been to Fresno? Who can blame him? 

Hey! I grew up in Fresno!

Yeah, you're right :bag:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

Can you predict what the reports will say?

The better question is "If the report doesn't say what he is predicting it will say, will he believe it?"

• Laughing 1

14 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

What, no Huber? He went bye-bye?

17 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

By the way thank you for bringing this up to me the other day. I did some reading - it’s not clear that anyone knows what’s in the report yet. It’s also true that they keep saying it’s coming out soon but the timeline keeps getting pushed. 

Do you have any concrete info about what they may be finding?  I hope if the FISA warrant was really improperly attained that any guilty parties may be revealed. We can’t have mistrust in our law enforcement systems. 

30 minutes ago, jamny said:

The names were mentioned during Vindland's testimony and no it wasn't Trump and not sure if one was Sondland.

One of the people that Morrison said questioned his judgment that was named was Dr. Fiona Hill. That's when Vinland proceeded to read his last performance review she gave him where she said he had "impeccable judgment." So who knows? I mean Morrison took the position as Vindland's superior AFTER Vinland had already gone to the WH lawyers once (July 10) so there could have already been a bit of a smear campaign going on with accusing him of leaks and whatnot and Morrison wouldn't have had any point of reference. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Every elected official that keeps saying "Russia hoax" should be investigated. They are saying thousands of people in our IC are lying to the American people. I want to know why they are taking this stance. 

Because they can. 

Rule number one for defendants

Deny, deny deny.  You can always admit later. 

So they deny that this is true until or unless they have no better choice and then in that unlikely event they can say that they were convinced by the facts and blah blah.

But until then, just saying hoax means they can wait a year for the chance to make laws that won't get vetoed, drive policies through executive orders, and maybe replace RBG. It's not particularly sporting but it's the obvious strategy if your constituents won't punish you for it. 

Nunes is horrible and adds nothing but his one note attack.I may not like some of what Schiff has done but he's doing a much better job overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

He was commenting on the phone call that he was listening in on, which we've all read the transcript of.

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.

This stain will last for the rest of our/their lives.  This era will end, but the actions of those who chose party over country?

It. Is. On. The. Record. 

This can’t be denied like 90% of those who never copped to supporting Nixon.  We will always know where allegience truly stands.

Sadly, party. Not country. At least we know. In their on words.

• Like 3

Just now, Otis said:

Are people still supporting this president?

Only 35-40%

(what have we become. Or worse yet, what have we always been?).

Just now, Koya said:

Only 35-40%

(what have we become. Or worse yet, what have we always been?).

Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dumb comment. Yes, while some are overly consumed with the WB, most are discussing the actual evidence. I think both sides have generally done a good, and respectful job t the witnesses.

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I can't claim to be a huge fan of Schiff, but he ended the inquiry with a bang. This was only a part of it. Very impressive.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

Just now, lazyike said:

I can't claim to be a huge fan of Schiff, but he ended the inquiry with a bang. This was only a part of it. Very impressive.

Agreed. Talk about an intelligent person and talented public speaker. Really well done. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

It’s also true that they keep saying it’s coming out soon but the timeline keeps getting pushed. 

We’ll get it right after the trade deal with China is completed. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jamny said:

Where do you get that from?

I think one of the concerns might be how he perceived the "demand" from Trump.

37 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It's what Jordan asked and Morrison confirmed tonight. That there was concern about his judgment and he might leak this phone call that the WB reported. 

9 minutes ago, Otis said:

Agreed. Talk about an intelligent person and talented public speaker. Really well done. 

Missed it, my youngest son wanted to watch American Dad with me before bed.  :(

17 minutes ago, Otis said:

Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 

It’s far more than the wacky fringe. It’s the right leaning side of “respectful society”

This is a significant part of who and what we are, as a nation. And that is reflected on how we are seen on the world stage.  I could never have imagined such a precipitous drop in world wide respect for our country. It’s clear that’s what has and is occurring.

All for judges and a little bump in our collective 401k.  Is selling our soul and role as beacon on the hill really worth it?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Otis said:

Are people still supporting this president?

Absolutely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario Kart said:

What is in these, supposed, reports that you know about yet others are not privy to knowing about? What position in government do you hold that allows you to know things the public won't know until there is a report? What is there to learn? Is this the November surprise we were promised last year?

This is funny...for 3 years been reading on here all these posters with “inside sources” about Trump going down and how involved with Russia etc. and now it starts from the other side 

laughable at all the folks who either are clueless or are just fanning the flames 

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Of course, the 2nd best of my lifetime behind Reagan

Ronnie would be embarrassed and ashamed to be mentioned in the same sentence. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

With all due respect Tim, you have no idea how he would feel.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Reagan would have nothing but nice things to say about Trump.  At the bare minimum he would say nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1