Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

Nunes is horrible and adds nothing but his one note attack.I may not like some of what Schiff has done but he's doing a much better job overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Schiff is really good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I was very busy today. Is that an actual thing Morrison testified to?

He was commenting on the phone call that he was listening in on, which we've all read the transcript of.

Just now, Sinn Fein said:

SCHIFF: My Republicans colleagues all they seem to be upset about ... is not that the president sought an investigation of his political rival, not that he withheld a W.H. meeting and $400m in aid … their objection is he got caught. Their objection is someone blew the whistle.

This stain will last for the rest of our/their lives.  This era will end, but the actions of those who chose party over country?

It. Is. On. The. Record. 

This can’t be denied like 90% of those who never copped to supporting Nixon.  We will always know where allegience truly stands.

Sadly, party. Not country. At least we know. In their on words.

• Like 3

Are people still supporting this president?

Just now, Otis said:

Only 35-40%

(what have we become. Or worse yet, what have we always been?).

Schiff nailed it in that closing. 

• Love 1

Just now, Koya said:

Only 35-40%

(what have we become. Or worse yet, what have we always been?).

Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Dumb comment. Yes, while some are overly consumed with the WB, most are discussing the actual evidence. I think both sides have generally done a good, and respectful job t the witnesses.

12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I can't claim to be a huge fan of Schiff, but he ended the inquiry with a bang. This was only a part of it. Very impressive.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

Just now, lazyike said:

I can't claim to be a huge fan of Schiff, but he ended the inquiry with a bang. This was only a part of it. Very impressive.

Agreed. Talk about an intelligent person and talented public speaker. Really well done. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, mr roboto said:

It’s also true that they keep saying it’s coming out soon but the timeline keeps getting pushed. 

We’ll get it right after the trade deal with China is completed. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jamny said:

Where do you get that from?

I think one of the concerns might be how he perceived the "demand" from Trump.

37 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I was very busy today. Is that an actual thing Morrison testified to?

It's what Jordan asked and Morrison confirmed tonight. That there was concern about his judgment and he might leak this phone call that the WB reported. 

9 minutes ago, Otis said:

Agreed. Talk about an intelligent person and talented public speaker. Really well done. 

Missed it, my youngest son wanted to watch American Dad with me before bed.  :(

17 minutes ago, Otis said:

Still seems higher than “wacky fringe,” which is all I’d expect to be on board still at this point. 

Also that one crazy outspoken Republican congressman (Jim Jordan is it?) cracks me up. The ultimate “NOTHING TO SEE HERE.  PLEASE DISPERSE” guy. 

It’s far more than the wacky fringe. It’s the right leaning side of “respectful society”

This is a significant part of who and what we are, as a nation. And that is reflected on how we are seen on the world stage.  I could never have imagined such a precipitous drop in world wide respect for our country. It’s clear that’s what has and is occurring.

All for judges and a little bump in our collective 401k.  Is selling our soul and role as beacon on the hill really worth it?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Otis said:

Of course, the 2nd best of my lifetime behind Reagan

• Laughing 1

32 minutes ago, Otis said:

Absolutely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mario Kart said:

What is in these, supposed, reports that you know about yet others are not privy to knowing about? What position in government do you hold that allows you to know things the public won't know until there is a report? What is there to learn? Is this the November surprise we were promised last year?

This is funny...for 3 years been reading on here all these posters with “inside sources” about Trump going down and how involved with Russia etc. and now it starts from the other side 

laughable at all the folks who either are clueless or are just fanning the flames 

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Of course, the 2nd best of my lifetime behind Reagan

Ronnie would be embarrassed and ashamed to be mentioned in the same sentence. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

With all due respect Tim, you have no idea how he would feel.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Reagan would have nothing but nice things to say about Trump.  At the bare minimum he would say nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Those 2 alphas would be fast friends and I bet Ronald would’ve loved the JR Donald has 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I wish this dialogue would die. Those that support the foolishness want to talk about anything but the facts. It's why they throw bait out there like second best president since Raegan. Just seeing which guppy will bite, so the subject can be changed with minutia that doesn't mean anything. 

Stay on topic. They cannot rebuttal with anything but nonsense if you do. 

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum from you. And I would kill for a president like Reagan. And Tim is right — you pee on Reagan’s legacy when you group him with Trump. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

I wish this dialogue would die. Those that support the foolishness want to talk about anything but the facts. It's why they throw bait out there like second best president since Raegan. Just seeing which guppy will bite, so the subject can be changed with minutia that doesn't mean anything. 

Stay on topic. They cannot rebuttal with anything but nonsense if you do. 

whoa, I was right there with you until your 2nd sentence.  The facts are on the Republicans side here.  No witness says there was a crime or bribery, phone transcript is legit and Trump said nothing wrong, aid was delivered, no quid pro quo.  This is all on topic and Trump is winning.

15 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Well since he’s one of my favorite Americans, since I’ve been to the Reagan Library 4 times and have read several books on the man I think I have SOME idea how he would feel. Just a little. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otis said:

I’m on the opposite side of the spectrum from you. And I would kill for a president like Reagan. And Tim is right — you pee on Reagan’s legacy when you group him with Trump. 

I have no idea how people can not agree that Trump is killing it as President.  I get not liking him personally.  :shrug:

• Like 2

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

whoa, I was right there with you until your 2nd sentence.  The facts are on the Republicans side here.  No witness says there was a crime or bribery, phone transcript is legit and Trump said nothing wrong, aid was delivered, no quid pro quo.  This is all on topic and Trump is winning.

You're distorting the facts to fit what you want to believe instead of what actually happened. And it isn't any more complicated than that. 

• Like 2

Just now, timschochet said:

Well since he’s one of my favorite Americans, since I’ve been to the Reagan Library 4 times and have read several books on the man I think I have SOME idea how he would feel. Just a little. 

4 Times!!!  Well then, you got me.

• Like 1

Just now, timschochet said:

well i saw him on tv.  

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

I have no idea how people can not agree that Trump is killing it as President.  I get not liking him personally.  :shrug:

Well he’s certainly killing something. Oh wait I know: it’s American exceptionalism! 

he might be the best equipped person ever to be president.    He seems to thrive on the pressure,  he looks younger.

4 Times!!!  Well then, you got me.

It’s a great place to go- if you’re a fan you really need to see it sometime. 

But I didn’t need to go there to know what he’d think of Donald Trump. Trump has tried to destroy nearly everything that Reagan stood for: internationalism, free trade, open immigration, a path to citizenship for the undocumented, fiscal responsibility and conservatism. And most of all, opposition to tyrants abroad. 

• Like 4

Just now, quick-hands said:

plus the guy just annexed the formally occupied territories.

There are threads for that and it isn’t a positive.  Can we please keep this to the impeachment?

10 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

No witness says there was a crime or bribery

It is not the job of a witness to determine if someone committed a crime

• Like 5

1 minute ago, quick-hands said:

you mean the witch hunt.   sure.       i apologize.

I mean a legitimate inquiry into some very questionable actions by POTUS.

Just now, GROOT said:

still waiting for bombshell

Unless someone from the political circle breaks then there isn't one. Only boring facts from trustworthy people with nothing to gain by talking about what actually happened. It's up to the public whether to follow the facts or follow what they want to believe to be the facts. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s a great place to go- if you’re a fan you really need to see it sometime. 

But I didn’t need to go there to know what he’d think of Donald Trump. Trump has tried to destroy nearly everything that Reagan stood for: internationalism, free trade, open immigration, a path to citizenship for the undocumented, fiscal responsibility and conservatism. And most of all, opposition to tyrants abroad. 

Fiscal responsibility? Are you giving him a pass due to the Cold War?  National debt exploded in the 80s.

Trump once again showing total disrespect for our military and the uniform.

:thumbdown:

Edited by Choke
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Another day in the books, and it's looking more and more likely that Trump will get impeached, despite the efforts by him and others to keep the truth from coming out. I do think the Senate still doesn't convict, but I've been wrong before.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

Another day in the books, and it's looking more and more likely that Trump will get impeached, despite the efforts by him and others to keep the truth from coming out. I do think the Senate still doesn't convict, but I've been wrong before.

not this time.   you are spot on.

1 minute ago, Kal El said:

Whether the Senate convicts depends on the pressure Senators feel for their jobs

2 minutes ago, Kal El said:

You have a better chance playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than Trump getting removed by the Senate.

Just now, Dickies said:

Whether the Senate convicts depends on the pressure Senators feel for their jobs

the house vote will be closer to 50/50 than the senate 70/30

Just now, Don't Noonan said:

You have a better chance playing pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than Trump getting removed by the Senate.

I'm very talented.

• Laughing 3