What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

He's trying to claim that he didn't know that Burisma meant the Bidens - same thing Volker said. This is absolute garbage. Rudy was all over TV way before that talking about digging up dirt about the Bidens in Ukraine and their involvement with Burisma.
He who? Pronouns, pal.

there is a fight for the soul of the republican party the current power structure is clearly corrupt and does not stand for actual conservative values it will be interesting to see if the never trump actual conservative wing will be able to take back the party or if the know nothing wing will continue to hold sway take that to the bank bromigos 

I’d like to believe that this could be the dagger for the GOP to give in but the biggest thing standing in the way is Pence’s involvement. No way they allow Pelosi to become President.
Time for the backdoor deals...look, we will let you keep Pence, we won't go after him...

I’d like to believe that this could be the dagger for the GOP to give in but the biggest thing standing in the way is Pence’s involvement. No way they allow Pelosi to become President.
The Democrats will not impeach Pence. 

In truth, I don’t find Pence knowing about this, and lying about his knowledge (not under oath) to be an impeachable offense. Probably worth a censure though. He owes the public an apology. 

I haven't followed this much but seen many "run ups" in threads of how Trump is toast and it never happens.  Is this really any different?  Something actual going to happen to Trump before his term is up?
Read the Sondland statement or find a place to listen to it.  Its bad...really bad.  

Toast?  No, not as long as the GOP Senate is in the way.  But this testimony makes it clear, IMO, he will be impeached by the House.

Sondland says Trump made clear in May that he wasn’t fond of Ukraine. Doesn’t dispute David Holmes testimony that Trump only cared about the “big stuff,” meaning the investigations.

How quickly can Nunes and Jordan rewrite their opening notes where they thank Sondland and praise him for all his patriotic work.

Last edited by a moderator:

In truth, I don’t find Pence knowing about this, and lying about his knowledge (not under oath) to be an impeachable offense. Probably worth a censure though. He owes the public an apology. 
Yes. Pence knowing about it doesn't mean he needs to be removed. It doesn't sound like Pence personally did anything improper.

there is a fight for the soul of the republican party the current power structure is clearly corrupt and does not stand for actual conservative values it will be interesting to see if the never trump actual conservative wing will be able to take back the party or if the know nothing wing will continue to hold sway take that to the bank bromigos 
Forget about the Republican Party. This is a fight for the soul of America. What do we stand for? Yesterday Lt Col Vindman said “Here right matters.” Does it? We’re going to find out. 

GOP reaction will be just pointing out that Sondland says it was Burisma not Bidens.  That is their out to not support it...even as weak as that is.

Yes. Pence knowing about it doesn't mean he needs to be removed. It doesn't sound like Pence personally did anything improper.
this is where you and me part ways when you are the vp of the usa and you know about american foreign policy being used for personal gain and you do absolutely nothing that my friend is incredibly improper take that to the bank bromigo

GOP reaction will be just pointing out that Sondland says it was Burisma not Bidens.  That is their out to not support it...even as weak as that is.
And that he didn’t directly hear from Trump that the aide was tied to the investigations. Assuming he doesn’t blow that talking point up as well.

No. But it’s bad.

I know that many Trump supporters have assumed that a lot of us (Trump critics) love this, that we’re thinking “Yeah we got him!” But I feel sick to my stomach right now and I’ll bet a lot of other folks do too. 
It's gonna get even worse. They have no choice now but to pivot to "US foreign policy is always evolving and there is now no genuine problem with the President intermixing it with domestic politics. His re-election enhances American security both home and abroad."

SCHIFF:

In August, when you worked with Rudy Giuliani and a top Ukrainian aid to draft a public statement for President Zelensky to issue ... you understood that was required by President Trump before he would grant a W.H. meeting with Pres. Zelensky?

SONDLAND:

That's correct.

According to Sondland, he specifically told Ukraine he'd speak to Trump about the issue with the security assistance.  I'd like to know what that conversation entailed.  

"September 1 – Warsaw Meeting There was a September 1 meeting with President Zelensky in Warsaw. Unfortunately President Trump’s attendance at the Warsaw meeting was cancelled due to Hurrican Dorian. Vice President Pence attended instead. I mentioned to Vice President Pence before the meetings with the Ukrainians that I had concerns that the delay in aid had become tied to the issue of investigations. I recall mentioning that before the Zelensky meeting. During the actual meeting, President Zelensky raised the issue of security assistance directly with Vice President Pence. The Vice President said he would speak to President Trump about it. Based on my communications with Secretary Pompeo, I felt comfortable sharing my concerns with Mr. Yermak. In a very brief pull-aside conversation, that happened within a few seconds, I told Mr. Yermak that I believed that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement that we had been discussing for many weeks."

According to Sondland, he specifically told Ukraine he'd speak to Trump about the issue with the security assistance.  I'd like to know what that conversation entailed.  

"September 1 – Warsaw Meeting There was a September 1 meeting with President Zelensky in Warsaw. Unfortunately President Trump’s attendance at the Warsaw meeting was cancelled due to Hurrican Dorian. Vice President Pence attended instead. I mentioned to Vice President Pence before the meetings with the Ukrainians that I had concerns that the delay in aid had become tied to the issue of investigations. I recall mentioning that before the Zelensky meeting. During the actual meeting, President Zelensky raised the issue of security assistance directly with Vice President Pence. The Vice President said he would speak to President Trump about it. Based on my communications with Secretary Pompeo, I felt comfortable sharing my concerns with Mr. Yermak. In a very brief pull-aside conversation, that happened within a few seconds, I told Mr. Yermak that I believed that the resumption of U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine took some kind of action on the public statement that we had been discussing for many weeks."
He was going to talk to Trump but Mother said no.

We don’t care if he did the investigations just say they were done :lol:

Trump doesn’t care about anything except the illusion that Biden was dirty. 

This is over. 

The transcript though. Trump doesn’t say Burisma. He says Biden. 
Yeah, but as Trump Supporters have frequently pointed out, the part about "Biden" came many sentences after the part about "do us a favor". Many, many sentences after. So, therefore, they must be totally unrelated.

I don't recall. 

Even with two other people under oath as witnesses to what he said.

Oh My.
i dont recall in that context is of course that is what i said but i already told you didnt so i cant say i recall it now but of course i cannot say those other two brohans were lying about what i said please dont put me in jail take that to the bank bromigos 

We don’t care if he did the investigations just say they were done :lol:

Trump doesn’t care about anything except the illusion that Biden was dirty. 

This is over. 
exactly, just like the call with Mexico prez, Look Im gonna say you are gonna pay for the wall, because its a political win. I don't expect you to pay for it at all.

So much like a Mafia boss. Trump tells one guy- Giuliani- exactly what he wants, and simply tells everybody else to “talk to Giuliani”. 

Don Donald. 

Whats really interesting to me - is that the Dems scheduled Dr. Hill to be their clean-up hitter, with the added bonus of David Holmes testifying that he heard Trump talk about the investigations.

Sondland turning on Trump (and Pence, and Pompeo, and Giuliani) is really just a bonus.

• Thinking
Reactions: Ned

Users who are viewing this thread