What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (11 Viewers)

SCHIFF:

This, I think, only goes to underscore just how significant the president's obstruction of this investigation has been. We now can see the veneer has been torn away, just why Secretary Pompeo and Donald Trump do not want any of these documents provided to Congress.

He's trying to claim that he didn't know that Burisma meant the Bidens - same thing Volker said. This is absolute garbage. Rudy was all over TV way before that talking about digging up dirt about the Bidens in Ukraine and their involvement with Burisma.
I actually believe him here.  He may have known the connection the Biden’s had to Burisma, but I get the impression from his testimony that he actually took his Ambassadorship and the work thereof very seriously and just couldn’t believe the WH would actually act in such a way (personal vs national).  The way he answered the question about learning the full picture regarding Biden/2016 election and military aid + investigation announcement had a hint of feelings of betrayal

When will Rudy testify?

And if he does, how can you use attorney - client privilege when discussing things that he already said on national tv? 

So I’m just getting caught up on the morning info around here.  Seems pretty awful for the Trump side. Now just waiting for the inevitable “Jordan dunked on Sondland”, “Nunez destroys Sondland’s nothingburger”.  

I am in awe of how no one on either side ever gives an inch, no matter what.  We’re in deep trouble as a country.  

Last edited by a moderator:
is anything Sondland testified to a crime? This will be the last thing Republicans can cling to, IMO.  "so what if the president abused his power to coerce a foreign country to make up dirt* on his political opponent?  Where's the high crime or misdemeanor?" **

* asking the Ukrainians to publicly announce an investigation regardless of the investigation actually existing is making up dirt.

**as far as I know, this is not an actual quote at the time of this post.

Nunes still attacking democrats...operatives...2016 election stuff that has nothing to do with this testimony at all.
Yeah, "We've all seen the proof". Really?  How about you release some of this "proof" the democrats were working with Ukraine to find dirt on Trump?   It would be pretty disappointing as there's plenty of dirt everywhere, you don't need to look real hard.

ETA  Ah, the Steele dossier. :rolleyes:  

Nunes opens up with the Democrats in 2016. He is literally not yet even questioning Sondland about his testimony. He wants to talk about the Ukrainians being "out to get" Trump.

I actually believe him here.  He may have known the connection the Biden’s had to Burisma, but I get the impression from his testimony that he actually took his Ambassadorship and the work thereof very seriously and just couldn’t believe the WH would actually act in such a way (personal vs national).  The way he answered the question about learning the full picture regarding Biden/2016 election and military aid + investigation announcement had a hint of feelings of betrayal
I don’t think it’s ridiculous to consider that everything was channeled through Giuliani. That’s how it worked Cohen.

They needed guys like Sondland & Volker to hook things up on the diplomatic side.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Lawyer guys...at what point would a judge shut off such questioning of a witness asking what relevance it has to the proceedings or testimony?

is anything Sondland testified to a crime? This will be the last thing Republicans can cling to, IMO.  "so what if the president abused his power to coerce a foreign country to make up dirt* on his political opponent?  Where's the high crime or misdemeanor?" **

* asking the Ukrainians to publicly announce an investigation regardless of the investigation actually exists is making up dirt.

Bolded answers the bolded.

Thinking about the written records being withheld, will they be brutal indictments of this admin's misdeeds or is this an admin completely inept and/or opposed to keeping good documentation? I would think a lifetime of playing fast and loose with truth and facts would teach the president to be very leery of written records.

so now they are laying a groundwork to argue that trump was right to believe ukraine was out to get him so therefore he was ok to commit crimes i guess that is where they have to go honestly where else can they go right now take that to the bank brohans 

Kenneth Vogel Washington Correspondent

Devin Nunes is now listing examples of various Ukrainians who criticized Trump, and released damaging information about Paul Manafort in 2016.

It’s important to note that Sondland likely would have no real time insight into this, since he was not at all engaged in Ukraine until 2018.

Lawyer guys...at what point would a judge shut off such questioning of a witness asking what relevance it has to the proceedings or testimony?
I think he gets to do whatever he wants for next 45 mins. Schiff jumped in only when they were talking out of order or trying to out the WB.

* asking the Ukrainians to publicly announce an investigation regardless of the investigation actually exists is making up dirt.

The constitutional unitary-authoritarian model set out by Barr is the sole remaining fallback. They can embrace it or just hide in a rhetorical sewer as they vote against conviction.

Users who are viewing this thread