What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

I'm the exact opposite.  These hearings only make me want to vote Republican more.

What an incredible waste of resources.  It is sickening to me.  Hard working Americans are losing.   Lawyers and politicians are winning.   
A couple of follow-up questions:

What "resources" have been wasted?  Do you have a $ in mind?

Do you feel equally as "sickened" by the GOP failing to pick up any bills in the Senate?  I ask, because I usually don't hear many complaints about that, and you seem to direct your ire here solely at the Dems.

That is why I felt compelled to include the longer shots.  Reuters photog just had the best lens...
Wow. I initially assumed it was just a funny meme. 

I've likened Trump in the past to a middle school bully but that was based more on his bullying and use of juvenile terms. Apparently, now, it's apt to describe how he prepares for important things. 

When you’re so innocent that you have to write in enormous letters to remind yourself to say that you don’t want a quid pro quo.
Those notes looked like they took a lot of preparation. It’s a shame he will have to re-write them in light of today’s testimony

I'm the exact opposite.  These hearings only make me want to vote Republican more.

What an incredible waste of resources.  It is sickening to me.  Hard working Americans are losing.   Lawyers and politicians are winning.   
Just for clarification: are you saying that what’s being charged didn’t happen, or are you saying that you don’t really care if it happened or not? 

Why do Nunes and Castor keep beating the points that the people who know exactly what is going on are not testifying. EXACTLY. And it will be in the articles of impeachment. How do they think this is helping them?

He needs the letters to be that big so he can read them without glasses.  Seriously. He can’t read standard printout size fonts without glasses but doesn’t want to be seen wearing glasses because he thinks glasses make him look old and weak.  So, bigass lettering with Sharpie.
That explains why he wrote it so big.

Why did he right it at all? Seems like the POTUS should be able to remember the few words that were written on the page.

Just for clarification: are you saying that what’s being charged didn’t happen, or are you saying that you don’t really care if it happened or not? 
Actually I must apologize: @TripItUp already posted, a few weeks back, that while he has no idea if Trump is guilty of these charges he doesn’t care one way or the other; he’s fine with Trump either way. I had forgotten that. It makes his post today that this is all a waste of time make more sense. 

The problem with the idea that all the wrongdoing came from Giuliani, not Trump himself: Giuliani has absolutely no power to withhold funds from Ukraine. That was not Giuliani.
I think the pro-Trump argument is that Trump was withholding aid for a legitimate reason (to fight corruption), and that anything Giuliani said about the Bidens was his own doing.

Something that really bothers me about this process is the way this hearing is conducted similar to a criminal court. There shouldn't be a prosecuting side or a defending side. Both sides should be looking for the truth. It appears the GOP is acting like a defense attorney by changing tactics to prove innocence. When it's criminal court, the defense attorney is usually paid by the defendant and has an obligation to do so. Who's paying the GOP reps?

So Perry is on his way out. Now Pompeo is going to resign? It sounds like Mulvaney is going to get fired. Is the Senate really going to let this continue and leave Trump there with essentially no cabinet? And who would agree to fill those positions after this mess (hint: they won't be qualified professionals)?

I'm starting to think the GOP may remove him. Let me rephrase - I'm starting to think they HAVE to if they care about our country at all. They're getting Pence. It's not like some scary communist is going to be in charge. I don't get it. I don't know how McConnell, Graham, others think this is OK and want to remain with the status quo which is a giant dumpster fire. 

He needs the letters to be that big so he can read them without glasses.  Seriously. He can’t read standard printout size fonts without glasses but doesn’t want to be seen wearing glasses because he thinks glasses make him look old and weak.  So, bigass lettering with Sharpie.
I have a GB that's legally blind but has the same hang up.  At our FF draft he brings reams of paper with a two names and ranking on each page.

So Perry is on his way out. Now Pompeo is going to resign? It sounds like Mulvaney is going to get fired. Is the Senate really going to let this continue and leave Trump there with essentially no cabinet? And who would agree to fill those positions after this mess (hint: they won't be qualified professionals)?

I'm starting to think the GOP may remove him. Let me rephrase - I'm starting to think they HAVE to if they care about our country at all. They're getting Pence. It's not like some scary communist is going to be in charge. I don't get it. I don't know how McConnell, Graham, others think this is OK and want to remain with the status quo which is a giant dumpster fire. 
I agree with this.  I have come to a different conclusion as to what they are likely to do, however.

Shimon Prokupecz@ShimonPro

In talking to people close to Giuliani in the past about his relationship with Trump - all have said he wanted to be relevant again.

Well he’s certainly relevant now.

Hard Rs are going to vote R regardless of who the name presented might be, they’re best bet is to drop Trump now and push Pence or someone else. 

I’m still behind, listening to Schiff/Goldman, but one thing that has surprised me is that Sondland actually comes across as someone who took his job very seriously. I didn’t know much about him, but I expected him to just be someone who paid for a cushy ambassador job. 

Shimon Prokupecz@ShimonPro

In talking to people close to Giuliani in the past about his relationship with Trump - all have said he wanted to be relevant again.

Well he’s certainly relevant now.
Think of how relevant he'd be if his testimony leads to removal of a President.

I bet Stephen Miller has a heckuva rolodex.

Hard Rs are going to vote R regardless of who the name presented might be, they’re best bet is to drop Trump now and push Pence or someone else. 
That's the thing too... from a strategic 2020 election perspective, they are running out of time. Get him out of there; push someone who can bring normalcy back to the WH. I don't get it. I can't imagine they really want to see the whole government burn to the ground. Even though a Democrat, I always had respect for "the other side" and didn't think they had nefarious intentions at the core. After today, how do they leave him in office and say this is OK?

Everyone knew the aid was tied to the Biden investigation announcement but at some point late in the game Sondland directly addressed it with Trump and Trump was at least savvy enough to know he had to deny it. So that's what the GOP is gonna run with.

Castor actually doing a nice job here with the President's comment on the call saying no quid pro quo. 

Actually I must apologize: @TripItUp already posted, a few weeks back, that while he has no idea if Trump is guilty of these charges he doesn’t care one way or the other; he’s fine with Trump either way. I had forgotten that. It makes his post today that this is all a waste of time make more sense. 
The fact that some people here (possibly only you) might happen to remember something a few weeks ago doesn't dismiss the need for (requested) clarification. You weren't the only one wondering what the recent post meant.

That's the thing too... from a strategic 2020 election perspective, they are running out of time. Get him out of there; push someone who can bring normalcy back to the WH. I don't get it. I can't imagine they really want to see the whole government burn to the ground. Even though a Democrat, I always had respect for "the other side" and didn't think they had nefarious intentions at the core. After today, how do they leave him in office and say this is OK?
The GOP is not going to abandon Trump.  Not now, not in 2020.   He will not be removed by the Senate.      

He should be,  but he won't...    and Republican voters are fine with that.

ETA:  Check out TripItUp's remark:  He doesn't care if Trump uses the office of president to get dirt on his political opponent from a foreign government

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't phrase it that way.

I don't care if there is a quid pro quo...I think it's utterly unimportant.  Just like I knew Russia was unimportant.

I care about Americans, not politicians playing patty cake.

Nunes delivering a softball leading to Sondland referring to lack of access to his materials. 
John Dean said on CNN earlier today that he can relate. He was forced to give testimony in the Nixon impeachment without access to his notes and it made it more difficult.

A couple of follow-up questions:

What "resources" have been wasted?  Do you have a $ in mind?

Do you feel equally as "sickened" by the GOP failing to pick up any bills in the Senate?  I ask, because I usually don't hear many complaints about that, and you seem to direct your ire here solely at the Dems.
In this instance, it was directed at the Dems because they are responsible for what I feel to be ridiculous hearings.

And yes, I blame both parties for the failure of American politics to meet the needs of the working class over the last 20 years.   It  is inexcusable and these hearings are symbolic of that failure as far as I'm concerned.

I’m still behind, listening to Schiff/Goldman, but one thing that has surprised me is that Sondland actually comes across as someone who took his job very seriously. I didn’t know much about him, but I expected him to just be someone who paid for a cushy ambassador job. 
I’m open to the possibility there were more seven-figure inaugural donors than cushy ambassador gigs in island nations, so Sondland ended up having to do real work. 

My impression is Sondland genuinely wanted to do a good job, but was so far over his head he got easily manipulated.

It was directed at the Dems, in this instance because they are responsible for what I feel to be ridiculous hearings.

And yes, I blame both parties for the failure of American politics over the last 20 years.  
How can you think looking into the President committing bribery is a ridiculous hearing?

Users who are viewing this thread