What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

hill is a megabeast from the planet kickbuttafunkatron who just singlehandedly challenged the entire republican bench to a break dance contest and destroyed them all with a 14 minute long back spin on a piece of cardboard take that to the bank bromigos
Pure poetry, my man.  Shakespeare couldn't have worded it better. :thumbup:

But if you want my opinion on Holmes it is that he is absolutely a liar.
Thanks. It's preposterous to claim this, all the other testimony has been consistent with his testimony. The GOP has offered no one to contradict it, even their own witnesses, Hale, Morrison, Volker and Sondland.

Sondland says his family, businesses receiving threats over role in Trump impeachment inquiry

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sondland-says-his-family-businesses-receiving-threats-over-role-in-trump-impeachment-inquiry

Conaway began the questioning by bringing up Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff's calls for respect toward witnesses. He then contrasted the guidance from Schiff, D-Calif., against Democrat-led calls to boycott Sondland's hotels in Oregon.

"The chairman also announces at every hearing that he will not tolerate, and I agree with him, any witness intimidation or any threats or any issues of trying to bully a witness," Conaway said. "Congressman Earl Blumenauer from Oregon has in fact called for a boycott of your hotel chain or your hotels in Oregon. I'm assuming he believes that will harm you to the point that you will then be bullied into doing whatever he wants done."

Sondland agreed with Conaway's statement before also confirming the congressman's assertion that Blumenauer's comments "gave rise to demonstrations at your hotels that made customers have to weave in and out of the demonstrators to try to actually get into the hotels."

"As I understand they are going on as we speak," Sondland responded
No one should be threatened. Didn't really see what those were except something about his wife. FBI should be on that ASAP.

As far as picketing his hotels, that's totally fair game.

Bluto I do it because that's the point - whether Holmes' testimony is authentic or not. It clearly is. I see no point to the CNN clip unless someone wants to try to undercut that evidence. I find it fascinating you cannot even comment on what is actually happening - Holmes directly heard an aid for announcement exchange. That's in the bag.
I don’t need to comment on anything other than my comment about my thoughts on the CNN video. I have made many  comments about the impeachment proceedings. 

hill is a megabeast from the planet kickbuttafunkatron who just singlehandedly challenged the entire republican bench to a break dance contest and destroyed them all with a 14 minute long back spin on a piece of cardboard take that to the bank bromigos
Pure poetry, my man.  Shakespeare couldn't have worded it better. :thumbup:
if you brohans have ever witnessed a true break dance battle or a breakdown as those of us in the know call it you would know that a 14 minute backspin is the type of thing you see once in your life and that is only if you are lucky i once saw one of the true greats b boy boberto stick an 11 minute backspin and by the end his pants had literally started on fire and he never walked right again after that day so look all i am saying is that what hill just pulled off was one of those things that you will tell your kids about take that to the bank brohans 

Holmes was directly involved, Taylor was not, that's the point. The GOP was complaining about hearsay, now they have direct evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
And in other news...  water is wet!

Seriously they could have video of Trump sitting on trunks full of money telling Ukrainian officials "You ain't getting this money until you say the Biden's are child molesters" and it wouldn't sway a single Trump supporter's vote.  They just don't care what he does.
Well yes.  But it’s not just saying that.  It’s saying support for impeachment is falling in key states like Wisconsin.  It’s saying that these hearings are playing to a demographic that made up its mind on Trump a long time ago, and not really connecting with independents.  It’s saying people aren’t buying this as the major scandal it’s being portrayed as, let alone inclined to remove a president over “aid” that ultimately went to Ukraine.  

In other words, Democrats should start pushing for a policy outlook that actually improves people’s lives, beyond not being Trump.  I mean seriously fighting for it, not just paying lip service to it.  Because if the entirety of their existence is just being consumed with him, first with the bogus collusion fantasy and now this, they will lose to Trump again.

HOLMES:

Everyone is nodding, of course, that's what's going on. Of course the president is pressing for a Biden investigation before he'll do these things the Ukrainians want. there was nodding ... Everyone by that point agreed it was obvious what the president was asking for.

Well yes.  But it’s not just saying that.  It’s saying support for impeachment is falling in key states like Wisconsin.  It’s saying that these hearings are playing to a demographic that made up its mind on Trump a long time ago, and not really connecting with independents.  It’s saying people aren’t buying this as the major scandal it’s being portrayed as, let alone inclined to remove a president over “aid” that ultimately went to Ukraine.  

In other words, Democrats should start pushing for a policy outlook that actually improves people’s lives, beyond not being Trump.  I mean seriously fighting for it, not just paying lip service to it.  Because if the entirety of their existence is just being consumed with him, first with the bogus collusion fantasy and now this, they will lose to Trump again.
I don't think there's anything in the Constitution about "only move forward with articles of impeachment if you think it will help you politically".

Maybe I missed it?

You mean like they should pass a bunch of bills in the House and send them to the Senate for them to take up?

Ratcliffe is just shooting in the dark. Somehow it's super important to him why Sondland stopped holding the phone away from his ear. wtf?

The thing is, Trump loves what Jordan just did. And so do the Trump supporters. They love bullies; there’s no other way to put it. 

There’s a book I read called American Carnage (highly recommended) which documents how the Republican Party ended up in this situation over the last 10 years. One of the pivotal incidents it mentions is Obama’s first State of the Union. Obama made the claim that his healthcare plan would not pay for illegal immigrants, and a congressman, Joe Wilson, stood up and shouted “You lie!” 

Everybody expected Wilson to become a pariah for such rude behavior. Instead he was lauded as a hero all over talk radio, invited to give speeches, given several awards, etc. GOP leaders were stunned but given the response refused to criticize him in any way. And people like Jim Jordan, Mick Mulvaney, and (later on) Donald Trump learned a lesson: rude, bullying behavior is perfectly acceptable if you get in the face of the liberals. 

Ratcliffe is just shooting in the dark. Somehow it's super important to him why Sondland stopped holding the phone away from his ear. wtf?
You can see him trying to come up with a question.

There are not the witnesses the GOP was looking for.

these hearings are playing to a demographic that made up its mind on Trump a long time ago, and not really connecting with independents.  
I don’t believe this. It hasn’t been true so far and as I’ve written several times now I think Sondland’s testimony was a turning point. We will know in a few days. 

The thing is, Trump loves what Jordan just did. And so do the Trump supporters. They love bullies; there’s no other way to put it. 

There’s a book I read called American Carnage (highly recommended) which documents how the Republican Party ended up in this situation over the last 10 years. One of the pivotal incidents it mentions is Obama’s first State of the Union. Obama made the claim that his healthcare plan would not pay for illegal immigrants, and a congressman, Joe Wilson, stood up and shouted “You lie!” 

Everybody expected Wilson to become a pariah for such rude behavior. Instead he was lauded as a hero all over talk radio, invited to give speeches, given several awards, etc. GOP leaders were stunned but given the response refused to criticize him in any way. And people like Jim Jordan, Mick Mulvaney, and (later on) Donald Trump learned a lesson: rude, bullying behavior is perfectly acceptable if you get in the face of the liberals. 
He was standing up against the lib bullies who wanted conservatives to be polite to marginalized groups of people.

FIONA HILL on accusations of being a Never Trumper:

It's a puzzling term to be applied to career or nonpartisan officials. And I chose to come into the administration. I could easily have said no when I was approached.

Users who are viewing this thread