What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (12 Viewers)

I can't figure out the point of today's events. Anyone else have a clue?  They are just yelling and interrupting. To what end?
The GOP has adopted the Charles Manson approach: Scream and disrupt proceedings as much as possible in hopes that the the jury (or, in this case, the American public) will only remember the distractions and not the evidence. 

:lmao:

I guess guys.....the only thing that I've gleaned from this whole circus is hypocrisy knows no bounds.  It's bizarre to me that in one moment the GOP is clamouring for second hand testimony from the whistleblower, then in the next moment they are upset that Schiff's staff lawyer is there giving second hand testimony.  Then, in alternate universe A, they are clamouring for first hand testimony all the while remaining silent on Pompeo, Mulvany. Bolton etc not testifying....so weird.

“When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When neither is on you side, pound the table.”

Cartoonist Ted Rall @TedRall

I hate Donald Trump but try as I might, and I really have tried, I just can’t get angry about the allegation that he thought about not sending hundreds of million dollars to Ukraine. Too bad he wasn’t sending it to Dayton…

Well if Ted Rall can't muster the anger we probably should just shut it down
Maybe they should.  I’m sure me and Rall aren’t the only independents finding it hard to give a rat’s ### about Ukraine getting $400 million.  It’s a privileged boutique issue to people that don’t consume the Trump 24/7 news cycle.  Americans won’t care enough to move the needle, impeachment will fail, and it will ultimately help Trump.  

Love that InfoWars is in full support of the potus and was being obstructive of the procedure.

So perfect.

The do-nothing Republicans could fill up everyone of their congressional seats with InfoWars staff and nothing would be any different. :lol:

Cartoonist Ted Rall @TedRall

I hate Donald Trump but try as I might, and I really have tried, I just can’t get angry about the allegation that he thought about not sending hundreds of million dollars to Ukraine. Too bad he wasn’t sending it to Dayton…
I'd imagine that would be much less concerning, if that was an accurate description of what he's being impeached over.

Maybe they should.  I’m sure me and Rall aren’t the only independents finding it hard to give a rat’s ### about Ukraine getting $400 million.  It’s a privileged boutique issue to people that don’t consume the Trump 24/7 news cycle.  Americans won’t care enough to move the needle, impeachment will fail, and it will ultimately help Trump.  
Curious where the monetary threshold falls for you and like minded independents. Like what if it was 2 billion? Would you care then? Or what if it was a non-former Soviet state ally?

I don't find it terribly disconcerting when someone tries to give money to an independent businessman.  Now, if the money is being given to him in exchange for plutonium 239, I do have some misgivings. And they're not really about the money.

It’s hard to be sympathetic to lamenting ability to question Schiff under oath when Trump isn’t allowing testimony from those in his inner orbit
Or Hunter Biden being handed a cushy job when two of Trump's children and SIL hold some of the most powerful positions in the country.  I thought we were OUTRAGED that Goldman isn't an elected official?

"BADGERING THE WITNESS!!!"

Does that happen often in regular court cases?
No. It's not even a valid objection. The objection would be "argumentative." 

I'll admit, though, I have seen an actual attorney make the badgering objection. It was a big 🤦‍♂️moment for all involved.

Sam Waterston objects! 
He seems to just want to withdraw everything. 

Which, by the way, isn't a real technique either. In other words, if a lawyers asks an improper question, all is not forgiven if the lawyer moves to withdraw it. 

He seems to just want to withdraw everything. 

Which, by the way, isn't a real technique either. In other words, if a lawyers asks an improper question, all is not forgiven if the lawyer moves to withdraw it. 
judge: "the jury will disregard hearing that"

jury:  :shrug:

Curious where the monetary threshold falls for you and like minded independents. Like what if it was 2 billion? Would you care then? Or what if it was a non-former Soviet state ally?
Wouldn’t care if it was 14 trillion dollars- I never agreed with the policy in the first place.  Obama refused to send lethal weaponry to Ukraine, presumably because he found it too provocative- I agreed with his aversion to arming Ukraine against a nuclear superpower.  That Trump has been more hawkish with Ukraine/Russia hasn’t really been discussed here.  

The Nuland state dept. provided support to neonazi-linked militants in Ukraine prior to the Maidan revolution.  This was the same political party that was so popular in Ukraine it just got wiped out by a TV actor.  Ultimately, Ukraine got the money and Trump didn’t get his investigation.  It’s just bizarre how this military escalation has been presupposed as the correct policy- independently of whether Trump’s behavior was corrupt.  

Of all things, this is the thing they move to impeach Trump over.  This is the thing that sidelines all else for the big TV spectacle.  It comes across like a political party that is out of touch with issues that actually matter to the working class.  

Wouldn’t care if it was 14 trillion dollars- I never agreed with the policy in the first place.  Obama refused to send lethal weaponry to Ukraine, presumably because he found it too provocative- I agreed with his aversion to arming Ukraine against a nuclear superpower.  That Trump has been more hawkish with Ukraine/Russia hasn’t really been discussed here.  

The Nuland state dept. provided support to neonazi-linked militants in Ukraine prior to the Maidan revolution.  This was the same political party that was so popular in Ukraine it just got wiped out by a TV actor.  Ultimately, Ukraine got the money and Trump didn’t get his investigation.  It’s just bizarre how this military escalation has been presupposed as the correct policy- independently of whether Trump’s behavior was corrupt.  

Of all things, this is the thing they move to impeach Trump over.  This is the thing that sidelines all else for the big TV spectacle.  It comes across like a political party that is out of touch with issues that actually matter to the working class.  
The thing they're moving to impeach him over is trying to force a foreign leader to open a sham investigation into his political opponent to damage him in the upcoming election in exchange for official presidential acts.

It comes across like a political party that is out of touch with issues that actually matter to the working class.  
How about having a president use his time and power to help the working class, rather than using his power to advance his own personal political interests, while adversely affecting the interests of an ally.

If the Trump administration opposed the policy of Ukrainian aid and was withholding the funds for substantive reasons, we wouldn't be having this debate.  They didn't give any reasons, didn't go through the normal processes and procedures, etc.  

That should bother you.  If Presidents can openly hijack foreign policy for personal political gain, our republic is at risk.  

It really isn't about Ukraine getting $400 million.  It boils down to whether or not your okay with the President withholding the money for his own political gain.  
The USA is not Trumps personal piggy bank whose money is his to do with as he wishes, and benefit him in whatever way he sees fit.

Funding to key allies should not be used as leverage by him to achieve personal political goals for the 2020 election.  Here he is again attempting to get help from a foreign government to influence a domestic US election.  How many times do we need to see him do this kind of thing before we say enough?  This isn't how a president should behave.  This isn't what a president should do with the power we gave him.  This isn't how a president should approach free and fair elections at home.

It really isn't about Ukraine getting $400 million.  It boils down to whether or not your okay with the President withholding the money for his own political gain.  
Perhaps if I didn’t think it was already runofthemill stuff for the US to extort foreign govts to get what it wants- whether it’s to serve the defense or oil industries- I would find it to be a bigger deal.  That kind of extortion, theft, and violence is ok of course.  This is the sort of shake-down international crime syndicate stuff the US does all the time.  

I question how ethical Trump’s motives were to raise the idea of investigating the Bidens, but the truth is I really just don’t care that much.  The Bidens ARE corrupt- Joe backed an illegal overthrow in Ukraine and then his son got a cush job 2 months later after daddy became the new boss in town.  That’s corruption.  There’s no victims here.  Trump shouldn’t have been so hamfisted but the Bidens aren’t above scrutiny either.

I wouldn’t say I’m okay with what he did, but I think it’s absurd to suggest it warrants impeachment and removal from office.  

Perhaps if I didn’t think it was already runofthemill stuff for the US to extort foreign govts to get what it wants- whether it’s to serve the defense or oil industries- I would find it to be a bigger deal.  That kind of extortion, theft, and violence is ok of course.  This is the sort of shake-down international crime syndicate stuff the US does all the time.  

I question how ethical Trump’s motives were to raise the idea of investigating the Bidens, but the truth is I really just don’t care that much.  The Bidens ARE corrupt- Joe backed an illegal overthrow in Ukraine and then his son got a cush job 2 months later after daddy became the new boss in town.  That’s corruption.  There’s no victims here.  Trump shouldn’t have been so hamfisted but the Bidens aren’t above scrutiny either.

I wouldn’t say I’m okay with what he did, but I think it’s absurd to suggest it warrants impeachment and removal from office.  
1. It isn’t out of the ordinary for the US to strong arm a country for what it wants.  It’s out of the ordinary for the US to strong arm a country for something specifically for the president personally, rather than what “the US” wants. 

2. Hunter’s probably corrupt. He’s also the source of great shame to his family, which doesn’t really like him. That doesn’t make Joe corrupt.  I’ve got a drug addict brother.  If he asked me to help him do something illegal I would probably call the police.  Same kind of idea. 

2. Hunter’s probably corrupt. He’s also the source of great shame to his family, which doesn’t really like him. That doesn’t make Joe corrupt.  I’ve got a drug addict brother.  If he asked me to help him do something illegal I would probably call the police.  Same kind of idea. 
I agree that it's likely HBiden is corrupt.  What I find impossible to reconcile is the idea that Republicans are able to conclude that HBiden is corrupt despite very little actual evidence, yet somehow they become obtuse despite the mountain of evidence implicating Trump's corruption. 

It's enough to make one wonder if they are acting in good faith.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread