What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Why is McConnell being so overt about this while it's still in the house? We know this is all a game to him and that it will be set up to acquit him, so there's a method to the madness. But I have no idea why he chose this specific move. Little help? 

Why is McConnell being so overt about this while it's still in the house? We know this is all a game to him and that it will be set up to acquit him, so there's a method to the madness. But I have no idea why he chose this specific move. Little help? 
Take the heat off of Republican Senators in tough races.

Because he can...because there are no consequences to completely ignoring their duty

Maybe he's hoping by saying these things it will discourage enough Representatives in the House from voting for impeachment. Then the Senate doesn't have to actually do anything and/or wear the consequences of going on record with some action/decision.

Maybe he's hoping by saying these things it will discourage enough Representatives in the House from voting for impeachment. Then the Senate doesn't have to actually do anything and/or wear the consequences of going on record with some action/decision.
I would think it would be more of an incentive to send it to the senate. 

Because he can...because there are no consequences to completely ignoring their duty
So, bait the house to not pass articles to the senate. Force them to pursue the first team in court. Weeks, months go by. Then once forced to appear bank on them not turning on each other. Quick acquittal in the senate. Then spin around and say see all the democrats care about is impeachment. 

That? 

No witnesses in the Senate. Such a farce. Why bother to even have a “trial”? Just acquit him already. 
You actually thought the senate would have a real trial?  Senate can do what it wants for a trial and Republicans control it. It is electoral suicide if they impeach. They want it to go away as fast as they can. 

You actually thought the senate would have a real trial?  Senate can do what it wants for a trial and Republicans control it. It is electoral suicide if they impeach. They want it to go away as fast as they can. 
I am purposefully and consistently naive about Republican intentions and actions. It’s the only way I can maintain my sanity. 

not soliciting 
"Hey Russia, go ahead and hack my opponent's email server, you'll like what you find."

Look, I know you think that isn't soliciting foreign interference in an election, and I hate that I'm going to bat for Hillary here, but hacking an email server is interference in an election. Trump wanted them to dig up dirt that could be in that server to gain an unfair advantage in the public's eye, and they did just that. He got foreign help.

Now here comes a short response with no link backing it up.

No witnesses in the Senate. Such a farce. Why bother to even have a “trial”? Just acquit him already. 
The half of the country that has been screaming how illegitimate this is....did you think they were just kidding or something?

While part of me would like to see a trial with witnesses to publicly decimate the house Ds, the reality is this embarrassment does not deserve another day of life. 

The half of the country that has been screaming how illegitimate this is....did you think they were just kidding or something?

While part of me would like to see a trial with witnesses to publicly decimate the house Ds, the reality is this embarrassment does not deserve another day of life. 
I didn’t care whether they were kidding or not. If Trump is innocent of the charge, we could have ended this quickly a long time ago by having Pompeo, Mulvaney and Bolton testify. But Trump has moved heaven and earth to prevent this. Just like, after the Mueller report came out, he moved heaven and earth to prevent McCabe from testifying. That tells me everything I need to know. 

Trump is going to lose to Biden anyhow, but if McConnell goes through with this cover up it’s only going to be worse. 

I didn’t care whether they were kidding or not. If Trump is innocent of the charge, we could have ended this quickly a long time ago by having Pompeo, Mulvaney and Bolton testify. But Trump has moved heaven and earth to prevent this. Just like, after the Mueller report came out, he moved heaven and earth to prevent McCabe from testifying. That tells me everything I need to know. 

Trump is going to lose to Biden anyhow, but if McConnell goes through with this cover up it’s only going to be worse. 
Zero chance Trump loses. Biden should be in a retirement home. Not running for office. 

Zero chance Trump loses. Biden should be in a retirement home. Not running for office. 
Plenty of retirement home patients  I would much prefer over Trump. Heck I’d take Hector Salamanca in his last days, shaking thumb and all. Biden will be fine. 

Hope your Thanksgiving was good. 

Plenty of retirement home patients  I would much prefer over Trump. Heck I’d take Hector Salamanca in his last days, shaking thumb and all. Biden will be fine. 

Hope your Thanksgiving was good. 
Same to you. Hopefully you didn’t kill everyone with too much political nonsense. 

What if Biden’s teeth fall out during one of the debates?

Same to you. Hopefully you didn’t kill everyone with too much political nonsense. 

What if Biden’s teeth fall out during one of the debates?
We didn’t talk politics, Lots of movie talk. 

To answer your question, he’ll just pop them back in. 

How much money did the Clintons and Obama get from China?   

Is that considered interference?
$1.84 million was unknowingly received by Obama in illegal foreign donations, funneled through a series of shell corporations and straw donors.  For which the DOJ prosecuted the offending parties, none of whom were Obama or anyone in his campaign. Is that what you’re referring to?

Also, Low Taek Jho is Malaysian, not Chinese. 

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t think anyone thinks they’re kidding. Wishing they were kidding, but not actually thinking it. 

$1.84 million was unknowingly received by Obama in illegal foreign donations, funneled through a series of shell corporations and straw donors.  For which the DOJ prosecuted the offending parties, none of whom were Obama or anyone in his campaign. Is that what you’re referring to?

Also, Low Taek Jho is Malaysian, not Chinese. 
Is this what Rudy has going on in Malaysia? I’ll have to revisit the butt dial transcripts....

We can safely say Impeachment hasn't changed minds either way.  What it has done is fire up the electorate. 

Unless Trump can make some headway in the next ~10 months, that will benefit Democrats since there are more of them -- as it did in the 2017, 2018 and 2019 elections.

This shouldn't be a surprise to you given what we saw in how the Senate handled the Kavanaugh proceedings.  Should this continue as predicted, neither "side" is going to get to claim the moral high ground.  They're all swimming in the muck together.

This shouldn't be a surprise to you given what we saw in how the Senate handled the Kavanaugh proceedings.  Should this continue as predicted, neither "side" is going to get to claim the moral high ground.  They're all swimming in the muck together.
At least with Kavanaugh they let his accuser have her day. 

Should this go down as predicted, it's the talking point of all talking points with respect to politicians doing their jobs for the Dems.  The GOP is sitting on its hands while the House continues to generate legislation despite no cooperation from the House GOPers all to sit on King GOPer's desk in the Senate.  Can the Dems capitalize?  I am less than confident.  

ETA:  And NONE of this narrative should be coming out of the candidates...allow sitting reps/senators carry that pail

The GOP is sitting on its hands while the House continues to generate legislation despite no cooperation from the House GOPers all to sit on King GOPer's desk in the Senate
There are a decent amount of bipartisan bills sitting on McConnell's desk. 

https://www.democrats.senate.gov/newsroom/press-releases/in-senator-mitch-mcconnells-legislative-graveyard-senate-republicans-block-commonsense-legislation-to-secure-our-elections-protect-americans-health-care-and-safeguard-pensions-earned-by-working-americans

Sorry...I was talking about what the :hophead:  political talking points should be, not reality.  In the end, anything passed through the House with bipartisan support is STILL sitting on McConnell's desk, so does it really matter on the House side?  It's a narrative the GOPers and Trump apologists seem to be pushing.  Just figured a low hanging fruit rebuttal seemed warranted.  

The Senate allowing no witnesses to be called and quickly ending the trial would be a huge gift for dems.  Simply run ads showing the House testimony followed by the fact that Trump won't let anyone close testify nor will he release requested documents.  The ads write themselves and would be as effective as the Biden ad showing Trump getting laughed at. 

The Senate allowing no witnesses to be called and quickly ending the trial would be a huge gift for dems.  Simply run ads showing the House testimony followed by the fact that Trump won't let anyone close testify nor will he release requested documents.  The ads write themselves and would be as effective as the Biden ad showing Trump getting laughed at. 

The ads could also be spliced with all the times Trump disparaged people who plea the 5th or won't testify.

Devastating. 

Can we just stop talking about stomach related issues in this thread? Tia
My bad, slow news day I guess. 

In fairness, we know what's about to happen with the process. He'll be impeached, the Senate won't remove him, he'll proclaim complete exoneration and his followers will eat it up, with the worst of them encouraging more bad behavior since it won't matter anyway, and this nation will continue to spiral down the drain until we either fracture, get taken over by someone else, or just destroy ourselves. The 2020 election will be as close as we get to outright civil war in 160 years, and if Trump does lose, which I'd like to see, his supporters won't accept it and claim some type of wrongdoing. 

It's been a run for the US, but I think it's over for us.

In fairness, we know what's about to happen with the process. He'll be impeached, the Senate won't remove him, he'll proclaim complete exoneration and his followers will eat it up, with the worst of them encouraging more bad behavior since it won't matter anyway, and this nation will continue to spiral down the drain until we either fracture, get taken over by someone else, or just destroy ourselves. The 2020 election will be as close as we get to outright civil war in 160 years, and if Trump does lose, which I'd like to see, his supporters won't accept it and claim some type of wrongdoing. 

Be of good cheer. If Trump loses his fans won’t revolt. Old well fed white people with pastimes don’t revolt. It will be fine.

And even if Trump wins that will be fine too. He’ll never have enough political power to do anything really nasty. And the current Republican Party is doomed long term. Within 6-10 years Texas turns purple, then blue, and that’s the ballgame. A new GOP will have to emerge out of the ashes of the old one. 

We’ll be OK. 

with the Senate signalling they are going to treat this trial as a complete farce, it's probably going to take some major leaks in the coming weeks/months to get trump out. hopefully someone's been keeping their powder dry in the form of tax returns or pee pee tapes! 
If I'm the Dems I'm taking that video clip of McConnell submitting to Trump along with some video of the Dems running down the facts in the hearings and I'm playing it nonstop across the country, especially in swing districts. Steyer and Bloomberg can fund them. Educate the public that's not paying attention.

Be of good cheer. If Trump loses his fans won’t revolt. Old well fed white people with pastimes don’t revolt. It will be fine.

And even if Trump wins that will be fine too. He’ll never have enough political power to do anything really nasty. And the current Republican Party is doomed long term. Within 6-10 years Texas turns purple, then blue, and that’s the ballgame. A new GOP will have to emerge out of the ashes of the old one. 

We’ll be OK. 
I hope so, because I have 3 kids under 10, and while I highly question the future of this nation, I guess given the choice between hippies and old white dudes, at least the hippies are entertaining.

Really, I'm just tired of the hate. The past 12 years have really stepped it up, and while it'll get worse before it gets better, eventually everything will be all right.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
Really, I'm just tired of the hate. 
I think a lot of people are. I have said many times that IMO exhaustion is the main reason that Trump will lose. (It’s also the main reason why a guy like Joe Biden, who in any normal election is a pretty awful candidate, is a favorite in this one.) 

You know that during that 160 year span there was an actual civil war, right?

I think a lot of people are. I have said many times that IMO exhaustion is the main reason that Trump will lose. (It’s also the main reason why a guy like Joe Biden, who in any normal election is a pretty awful candidate, is a favorite in this one.) 
I'm not really a fan of him, either. However, if he puts himself in the center and doesn't go the AOC route, I can deal with him. Just enough with the constant antagonization of everybody! We're going to disagree on stuff, but that doesn't make us enemies! There's guys at the trampoline park where my daughter's friend is having a party, one of them was in a Trump hat. They're trying to register people to vote(I'm registered as no party affiliation), and they wanted me to change that. I simply said no, but I found myself fighting the urge to tell him off, and I don't want that! This is why I avoided politics for so long, and only came back because of the impeachment hubbub. It makes me angry, and it barely affects my life. This is the effect Trump has.

Users who are viewing this thread