What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

5:00 p.m.

Slumber claims its first victim — James Risch

The Democratic case to subpoena the State Department didn’t make much of an impression on one key Republican senator, James E. Risch of Idaho, who appeared to be asleep for a significant portion of it.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., Risch — chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which oversees the State Department — could be seen from the press gallery motionless, with his eyes closed and head slumped against his right hand.

Risch was the first lawmaker seen by Washington Post reporters to clearly have fallen asleep, about four hours after the trial proceedings began Tuesday.

When Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.) cued up video of testimony from U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, Risch briefly perked up, but quickly closed his eyes again.

The apparent snooze ended about 15 minutes later, at 5:52 p.m., after Demings summarized another video clip.
“These old guys, they're up at 4 a.m.  By two-thirty, they're wiped.” - George Constanza 

JB Breakfast Club said:
It is just me, or does it seem like those arguing for the President (in the House, now in the pre-trial) are YELLING ALL THE TIME?
This is basically how I'd describe the President's answer brief from a legal perspective. It was 7 pages of just yelling buzz words and conclusions. 

For whatever reason it seems to be their playbook. I hope it is rubbing Judge Roberts the wrong way. 

cosjobs said:
I detected no preference from sand, just confusion as to why senators were talking to reporters if that was not allowed.
Just curious - I thought it was verboten once this shindig started.  I didn't see anyone on Fox - I tend to flip between the two regularly.

SoBeDad said:
Hakeem Jeffries with a seriously good presentation, complete with great PowerPoint slides. 
I agree, it’s impressive.

I don’t mind prosecutors going to the GOP’s house and laying down truths one by one by one and on tv no less, not one bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoBeDad said:
Hakeem Jeffries with a seriously good presentation, complete with great PowerPoint slides. 
Definitely went into today expecting not to have witnesses called down the line, so may as well discuss what they would have testified to had they been brought in.  IMO he’s done a great job explaining how broad and corrupt Mulvaney’s role is in all this.

cosjobs said:
5:00 p.m.

Slumber claims its first victim — James Risch

The Democratic case to subpoena the State Department didn’t make much of an impression on one key Republican senator, James E. Risch of Idaho, who appeared to be asleep for a significant portion of it.

Shortly after 5:30 p.m., Risch — chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, which oversees the State Department — could be seen from the press gallery motionless, with his eyes closed and head slumped against his right hand.

Risch was the first lawmaker seen by Washington Post reporters to clearly have fallen asleep, about four hours after the trial proceedings began Tuesday.

When Rep. Val Demings (D-Fla.) cued up video of testimony from U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland, Risch briefly perked up, but quickly closed his eyes again.

The apparent snooze ended about 15 minutes later, at 5:52 p.m., after Demings summarized another video clip.
If someone falls asleep they should be sucked out of the room via a giant tube like that German kid in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 

I don’t think this is likely. Lot of baggage left over from dad. 
Not enough baggage to remove him from office for impeachable offenses he’s confessed to and his chief of staff confessed to and his lawyer continues to commit on his behalf.  
If the Trump name was a drag on upcoming elections, the Senate majority leader would allow evidence and witnesses in this trial and separate the party from Trump.  They are doing the opposite of that.

Not enough baggage to remove him from office for impeachable offenses he’s confessed to and his chief of staff confessed to and his lawyer continues to commit on his behalf.  
If the Trump name was a drag on upcoming elections, the Senate majority leader would allow evidence and witnesses in this trial and separate the party from Trump.  They are doing the opposite of that.
Ok

Henry Ford said:
I honestly thought that the bottom of respect I could have for elected Republicans was Newt Gingrich. Then it was the Garland nomination.  Then watching that ridiculous monologue by Kavanaugh.  

The entire Republican Senate body right now is below any of those for me. 
MS-53

MS-53 denying all witnesses and evidence is not exactly a bad thing.  Just makes the whole thing a mockery that can be used against them.  They were never removing Trump anyway.

Disgusting. You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You equate politicians you don’t agree with to me 13 rapist/murders
What was it Trump said shortly before the 2016 election that got him in hot water again, "Grab her by the...?" Sounds like assault to me.

FWIW, I don't like the comparison either, but maybe Republicans should try not being villains this time.

No way, Ivanka maybe, at least she's somewhat likeable.  Don Jr has 0 personality, he's not electable.
The party elected Donald Trump, pushed Brett Kavanaugh into the Supreme Court, and is covering up Donald Trump’s impeachable offenses so he can stay in office and run for President again.  
This is not a party ready to put a woman in charge of it.  Not even close.  
Jared Kushner is lousy on TV, and Eric Trump is too soft.  Don Jr just put out a book titled “Triggered”.  He’s the one the party is grooming for a POTUS run.  

That’s the last I’ll say about this in this thread.  Sorry for the hijack.

Yet to answer a question. I'd like to know under oath if he knows who the whistleblower is.  
If the point is should Congressmen and counsel testify, then if yes add Nunes and Cipollone to the list. Nunes was directly involved in the events at issue, Schiff arguably only in the reporting of them.

Users who are viewing this thread