What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (8 Viewers)

Impeachment is a power given to Congress. The courts have nothing to do with it.  The chief justice presides in the Senate trial, but really doesn't have much power. His rulings can be overturned with a simple majority vote. He does break ties.

All of this talk about going to the courts makes no sense. 

In an incredible exchange at Davos,

@realdonaldtrump

admits he is comfortable with the status of the impeachment trial because the White House is withholding evidence. "Honestly, we have all the material. They don't have the material." As always, he says the quiet part out loud.

Just let that marinate for a bit.

Ari Berman

Senate Republicans who represent 15 million fewer people than Senate Dems can block impeachment of a president who committed crimes worse than Watergate, lost popular vote by 2.9 million votes & suffered largest midterm election defeat in US history

@realdonaldtrump

admits he is comfortable with the status of the impeachment trial because the White House is withholding evidence. "Honestly, we have all the material. They don't have the material." As always, he says the quiet part out loud.

Do you have a link for this?

@realdonaldtrump

Dear: @SenatorCollins @CoryGardner @MittRomney @lisamurkowski @SenAlexander

Trump is admitting to a cover-up. What are you going to do?

be “concerned ?”

@realdonaldtrump

Well, that confirms the obstruction article for the 127th time.

Ari Berman

Senate Republicans who represent 15 million fewer people than Senate Dems can block impeachment of a president who committed crimes worse than Watergate, lost popular vote by 2.9 million votes & suffered largest midterm election defeat in US history
The New England Patriots had 129 more passing yards than the Phillidephia Eagles in Super bowl 52 but the Phillidelphia Eagles won the contest. 

The Trump presidency has been brutal to sit through. These senate ######s can muddle through for a few weeks. 
Glad it's them.  Lord knows I've had to sit through all day meetings like this with no electronics, etc.  

I don't think this thing will be a few weeks.  It probably wraps up at the end of next week.  Given the House has an (in their own words) overwhelming case I don't see where the Senate needs to call anyone for more exposition.

Glad it's them.  Lord knows I've had to sit through all day meetings like this with no electronics, etc.  

I don't think this thing will be a few weeks.  It probably wraps up at the end of next week.  Given the House has an (in their own words) overwhelming case I don't see where the Senate needs to call anyone for more exposition.
You don’t?  Trump just admitted they have the material.  You don’t think we should see it or hear it??

You don’t?  Trump just admitted they have the material.  You don’t think we should see it or hear it??
What I think isn't relevant.  I don't see where the Senate will vote to see this stuff when the House impeachment managers have claimed they have an overwhelming case.  

What I think isn't relevant.  I don't see where the Senate will vote to see this stuff when the House impeachment managers have claimed they have an overwhelming case.  
Eh, they're voting to not see it because it is an overwhelming case.

I mean it's really funny and novel. Imagine: 

- Prosecutor: Dear jury, what you are about to see is an overwhelming case, you will see x, y, z and 1, 2, 3.

- Defense: I move to exclude all evidence.

- Judge: Granted!

Last edited by a moderator:

This is surprising post from you.  Evidence has emerged since the House impeachment, and as you know Trump blocked several key witnesses from testifying.  I understand why vulnerable Senate Republicans don’t want to hear from witnesses or see the evidence, their jobs depend on it.  You’re just a voter, so I wonder why you don’t want all the information.  

- Prosecutor: Dear jury, what you are about to see is an overwhelming case, you will see x, y,z and 1, 2, 3.
Except in this case all the evidence that led to the "overwhelming" categorization was presented in the previous trial and is already part of the record.

Just laying out what I think will be said when that vote comes up.

I agree with you. And I think this will be one of their main arguments. And the public won’t buy it and they will be punished for it in November. Bigly. 

Here's the response I received from my Senator...

Dear Mr. BassNBrew,

I have been clear that, based on the unpersuasive evidence collected by the House, and the weakness of their case for impeachment, I do not see the need for additional witnesses. The Constitution provides that the House “shall have the sole Power of Impeachment,” and that the Senate “shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.” It is the responsibility of the House of Representatives during an impeachment inquiry to collect evidence and to make the case for impeachment. It is not the responsibility of the Senate to do the work that the House failed to do, particularly when they failed to issue subpoenas for testimony. This is especially true where the Speaker and the majority have been insistent about the strength of their case justifying the impeachment and removal of a duly-elected President.

As a U.S. Senator, I have a constitutional responsibility to participate fully in the Senate impeachment trial. I will listen to both sides, carefully consider the evidence, and join my colleagues in rendering a verdict. I will also make sure that President Trump is treated fairly and receives a presumption of innocence rather than a presumption of guilt. The President deserves this basic guarantee of due process during the most consequential of constitutional events.

@realdonaldtrump

So we just wait around for full blown tyranny?

I'm going to need a lot more booze and stuff. 

Dear Mr. BassNBrew,

I have been clear that, based on the unpersuasive evidence collected by the House, and the weakness of their case for impeachment, I do not see the need for additional witnesses. The Constitution provides that the House “shall have the sole Power of Impeachment,” and that the Senate “shall have the sole Power to try all Impeachments.” It is the responsibility of the House of Representatives during an impeachment inquiry to collect evidence and to make the case for impeachment. It is not the responsibility of the Senate to do the work that the House failed to do, particularly when they failed to issue subpoenas for testimony. This is especially true where the Speaker and the majority have been insistent about the strength of their case justifying the impeachment and removal of a duly-elected President.

As a U.S. Senator, I have a constitutional responsibility to participate fully in the Senate impeachment trial. I will listen to both sides, carefully consider the evidence, and join my colleagues in rendering a verdict. I will also make sure that President Trump is treated fairly and receives a presumption of innocence rather than a presumption of guilt. The President deserves this basic guarantee of due process during the most consequential of constitutional events.

Dear :censored:

You claim that you will carefully listen to and consider the evidence that you have already determined to be weak and unpersuasive.   Tell me are you lying to me or are you lying to yourself about all of this?   Either way you have proven yourself a liar!  'grats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump and his cronies blocked the evidence and testimony. The only repercussion was to sue which is what republicans wanted. The issue is Trump and gang were trying to interfere with the election. Most would say again. By the time those lawsuits would be addressed it's likely the election would be over. 
@Skoo @BassNBrew

Trump and other republicans broke the law by obstructing justice.  It's sad but expected from these folks that now its the House's fault that they did that.

@realdonaldtrump

This should be pinned to the top of every page.

Except in this case all the evidence that led to the "overwhelming" categorization was presented in the previous trial and is already part of the record.

Just laying out what I think will be said when that vote comes up.
Going to need you to show your work on this.

Dear Mr. BassNBrew,

It's kind of terrifying that even those elected to office don't know how these things are supposed to work and have worked in every single instance until this one.

Listening on XM:

Interviewer - are you open to witnesses?

Sen Rick Scott - of course

Interviewer - for real?

Scott - sure, why wouldn’t I be?

Interviewer - great, now let’s talk...

Scott - why wouldn’t I want to hear from Hunter Biden?

Interviewer - *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread