What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (5 Viewers)

I would say neither side does, but the GOP has slightly higher ground.  :thumbup:

Will sho nuff react to my post too!  I hope I get a like!!!!!  It's all about likes!
Ill just laugh right here at claiming the GoP has the high ground on truth when Trumps main defense Cipollone lied at the very start about the house process...and Trump, the leader of the party, lies more than any other politician.

Also, dont bring me up unsolicited to try and get personal.

So apparently Mike Pompeo doesn't like tough questions. Out there dropping F-bombs on NPR.
She said he used the F-word and "many others" when he asking her if Americans cared about Ukraine. He then asked her if she could find Ukraine on a map.

"I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine," she recounted.

I wish Pompeo would ask Trump the same question about locating Ukraine on a map.  Even better, Fox and Friends (I was going to say one of the Sunday morning shows, but POTUS doesn't go on those) should ask him on TV, that would make bigly ratings.

I would say neither side does, but the GOP has slightly higher ground:thumbup:

Will sho nuff react to my post too!  I hope I get a like!!!!!  It's all about likes!
I agree completely with the first half of the bolded, the second half is all about one's perspective.

And I'm not sure if the second sentence is a shot at me, but I could give zero ####s about getting likes from internet strangers.  

I agree completely with the first half of the bolded, the second half is all about one's perspective.

And I'm not sure if the second sentence is a shot at me, but I could give zero ####s about getting likes from internet strangers.  
But my perspective is the RIGHT perspective, so there's that.

No, it wasn't a shot at you.

I’ll argue the point. Yes, I think the Republicans would be fine with full throated madness. - Read the ABC story first, then comment perhaps.
I saw a USA Today link.  That one?  The one where Pompeo cursed at a reporter?   Is that the one that convinced you that Republicans will go all Nero?  Because someone cursed?

Or maybe it's a different story?

I saw a USA Today link.  That one?  The one where Pompeo cursed at a reporter?   Is that the one that convinced you that Republicans will go all Nero?  Because someone cursed?

Or maybe it's a different story?
It’s ABC, it’s further up. I’m not sure it matters but they broke the story.

I was being hyperbolic (he won’t burn Rome, but the populist performer persona is right) to make a point but the point stands. 

The football is an undeniable beyond any doubt smoking gun. 
Ya see, what he did here was try to call an audible...he had been feeding Porschenko, but he’s out of the game now, so you gotta change the game plan, but they tried to just pound it forward when they didn’t have the blocking. Now they’re holding on every play and saying “there’s holding on every play by everybody” while they cut the feed to the game while they’re up in the 4th, and claim to have won the game but won’t let anyone see the film or the stats or the scoreboard. 

She said he used the F-word and "many others" when he asking her if Americans cared about Ukraine. He then asked her if she could find Ukraine on a map.

"I said yes, and he called out for aides to bring us a map of the world with no writing. I pointed to Ukraine," she recounted.

I wish Pompeo would ask Trump the same question about locating Ukraine on a map.  Even better, Fox and Friends (I was going to say one of the Sunday morning shows, but POTUS doesn't go on those) should ask him on TV, that would make bigly ratings.
I think anyone who has played Risk can show you where Ukraine is.  Also Siam. 

That's blatantly false in this case, at least, but history will judge the GOP appropriately.
If by "blatantly" you mean "100% accurate" then yes, you are correct.  We're on the same page.  :)

History will definitely be a harsh judge, but not to the GOP.  It's going to be on the Democrats who have abused the Constitution and are trying to overturn legitimate election results by using the impeachment process to get their way by any means necessary.

Man the stuff this woman is describing right now, about Trump’s refusals to turn over anything to the House, refusal to allow anyone to testify, in defiance of one law after another, is just awful. Besides the illegality it represents a hostility that is terrible for our government. How can anyone find this behavior defensible? 
"he is protecting himself from a witch hunt"....simple really.  It's the Ms Dash of excuses...works on just about anything.

If by "blatantly" you mean "100% accurate" then yes, you are correct.  We're on the same page.  :)

History will definitely be a harsh judge, but not to the GOP.  It's going to be on the Democrats who have abused the Constitution and are trying to overturn legitimate election results by using the impeachment process to get their way by any means necessary.
False...impeachment and removal would not overturn the results.  The order of succession does not go to Hillary.

False...impeachment and removal would not overturn the results.  The order of succession does not go to Hillary.
Please don't twist my posts.  You know that's not what I was referencing nor was it anything we were talking about.

Please try to understand the posts before you knee-jerk.  Thanks!

Please don't twist my posts.  You know that's not what I was referencing nor was it anything we were talking about.

Please try to understand the posts before you knee-jerk.  Thanks!
I twisted nothing...you claimed they were trying overturn a legitimate election results.  That isn't what impeachment and removal would do.

I understood what you actually wrote...and it was factually inaccurate.

I twisted nothing...you claimed they were trying overturn a legitimate election results.  That isn't what impeachment and removal would do.

I understood what you actually wrote...and it was factually inaccurate.
You're playing word games now and I'm just not into that type of petty BS.  Please be better.  I know I will be because the proof will be that I won't be responding to your inane posts anymore.  Play petty "gotcha" games with someone else, please.

Have a great weekend!

There are actually some reasonable arguments the defense team can make: 

1. Their strongest argument is against the second article, Obstruction of Congress. Simply put, no matter how badly Trump has behaved in refusing to comply with Congress, so long as the dispute in the courts has not been completely exhausted, it’s very difficult to charge him with committing a crime. You can reasonably argue that Trump is merely trying to delay things past the election, but that is a political argument not a legal one. If I owe you money and refuse to pay you, and then you take me to court and I appeal and keep appealing as long as I can, and when I’m done appealing I declare bankruptcy and never pay you a cent, I am not guilty of obstruction; I’ve simply used the system to my advantage. 

2. The first article is obviously more problematic. I suppose they will make two arguments: Trump did nothing wrong, and even if he did it doesn’t rise to the level of impeachment. It would be very hard for me personally to find either argument compelling. 

He called for aides to bring out a map with no writing...and then they proceeded to bring one out and make her point to Ukraine...that’s just astonishing that this is how our Secretary of State would act. That’s just insane. 
I think this is a prerequisite to be in the administration. Everyone else resigned or were forced out. 

2. The first article is obviously more problematic. I suppose they will make two arguments: Trump did nothing wrong, and even if he did it doesn’t rise to the level of impeachment. It would be very hard for me personally to find either argument compelling. 
It's clear they have shifted completely to "what he did is not impeachable".  Watching the evolution from "he did nothing wrong and everything was perfect" to acknowledging that he actually did something, but it's not impeachable has been one of the most fascinating goalpost shifts that I can think of.....definitely in my lifetime.

There are actually some reasonable arguments the defense team can make: 

1. Their strongest argument is against the second article, Obstruction of Congress. Simply put, no matter how badly Trump has behaved in refusing to comply with Congress, so long as the dispute in the courts has not been completely exhausted, it’s very difficult to charge him with committing a crime. You can reasonably argue that Trump is merely trying to delay things past the election, but that is a political argument not a legal one. If I owe you money and refuse to pay you, and then you take me to court and I appeal and keep appealing as long as I can, and when I’m done appealing I declare bankruptcy and never pay you a cent, I am not guilty of obstruction; I’ve simply used the system to my advantage. 

Even having to go to the courts is obstruction though.  Its not obstruction of the courts...its obstruction of congress.

There is a huge difference between holding back a defined swath of evidence with a sound legal argument, and blocking everything. The latter is bad faith and both Congress and the American People deserve better than a long protracted process, and that remedy exists in Article II.
You may call it bad faith but it's still not obstruction.  Going to the courts to settle your matter is literally the opposite of obstruction.

That's why we have the courts. 

You may call it bad faith but it's still not obstruction.  Going to the courts to settle your matter is literally the opposite of obstruction.

That's why we have the courts. 
Umm, no.  Obstructing congress from its constitutional duty of oversight is literally obstruction of congress.

Eta: i could entertain the idea that obstructing congress without exhausting the courts does not rise to the level of removal.  That is a rational argument.  But, to argue obstructing congress isn't obstruction of Congress is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Even having to go to the courts is obstruction though.  Its not obstruction of the courts...its obstruction of congress.
na...it's going through the process.  Sue to get what's being requested and get the courts on your side, then you can pound the "obstruction of justice" gavel all you want.  Obstruction of Congress always seemed like weak sauce to me...many Presidents have decided not to cooperate completely with Congress in the past.  Trump took it to an extreme by not cooperating at ALL but in reality we are talking about degrees of a familiar behavior IMO.  I said it when it happened, that the House really needed to dot all Is and cross all Ts on this and I personally don't care how long it takes.

In my mind, the House needs to be doing it's due diligence regarding his breaking of the law when he had an Iranian official killed.  But they won't.  They need to be looking at his campaign finance violations too, but they won't.  They hitched their wagon to this particular horse and by all accounts it's going to land on us, the electorate, to levy justice once again.

I saw a USA Today link.  That one?  The one where Pompeo cursed at a reporter?   Is that the one that convinced you that Republicans will go all Nero? 
Sorry just reading this again. To be clear, no, not that one - the one where the President of the United States was recorded by a couple of greasy grifters in the course of a side hustle at his private business. It’s on ABC. 

I completely disagree. History will remember the Democrats as the adults in the room, trying to rein in the GOP who are using any means necessary to get away with abusing the power, obstructing and covering up. 

na...it's going through the process.  Sue to get what's being requested and get the courts on your side, then you can pound the "obstruction of justice" gavel all you want.  Obstruction of Congress always seemed like weak sauce to me...many Presidents have decided not to cooperate completely with Congress in the past.  Trump took it to an extreme by not cooperating at ALL but in reality we are talking about degrees of a familiar behavior IMO.  I said it when it happened, that the House really needed to dot all Is and cross all Ts on this and I personally don't care how long it takes.
:goodposting:

In my mind, the House needs to be doing it's due diligence regarding his breaking of the law when he had an Iranian official killed.  But they won't.  They need to be looking at his campaign finance violations too, but they won't.  They hitched their wagon to this particular horse and by all accounts it's going to land on us, the electorate, to levy justice once again.
Oh don't worry your weary head.  They've held onto a list of "articles" for when they lose in 2020.

This is a great post.  Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread