Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

Purpura is splitting hairs that Ukraine aid was released before an investigation was announced.  The real question is whether it was released before a whistle blower complaint was known to have been submitted.

Edited by adonis

I'm going to see what odds 365 will give me for no witnesses.  McConnell is going to hold the line and shove the cover up right down America's throat.  Will report back.

Edit:  Cannot bet on it.  dang.

Edited by zoonation

4 hours ago, Lutherman2112 said:

Trump has two tells. When he states that he "knows more than __________", he doesn't have a clue. When he states that he "doesn't know ____________, never heard of him/her", he knows that person.

I believe it was also found that a preponderance of his anecdotal claims are false/unfounded in which someone addresses him as "sir."

• Like 4

Peter Suderman @petersuderman

Trump didn't do the thing he's accused of doing, but if he did it was fine, and in fact that's exactly what he did, get over it, because it's not only fine, it's precisely what we want from a president, and can you believe that Biden did the same thing, shame on him.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

Sad that people still push and believe the “Biden did the same thing” lie.

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

Something I want to add about Bolton: I’m hearing some journalists speculate that because he is such a longtime conservative, he could have an impact on Trump’s base of support. 

Being a longtime conservative means nothing since it became the trump party.  He tells them who to like and not like. John McCain was a revered member of the party and won the presidential nomination in 2008. 8 years later, Trump said he wasn't a war hero because he got caught and when he died, no one in the party cared. Many were happy. Bolton falls into the same slot that Cohen did now that his statement was leaked. 

5 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Sad that people still push and believe the “Biden did the same thing” lie.

If what Trump did was perfect and Biden did the same thing then why does the GOP want Biden investigated?

• Thinking 1

The WH position/defense is that aid was held and done so for [insert reason X here], correct?  They are admitting to it having been held?

1 minute ago, Godsbrother said:

If what Trump did was perfect and Biden did the same thing then why does the GOP want Biden investigated?

Careful, I don't think the GOP's health plan covers blown minds.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

You're looking for consistency in their defense? These are the same people who are arguing Trump was so concerned about corruption that he wanted the corrupt country to investigate Biden.

Edited by Amused to Death

12 minutes ago, That one guy said:

The WH position/defense is that aid was held and done so for [insert reason X here], correct?  They are admitting to it having been held?

Depends on who you ask. And when you ask.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

How does anyone take this seriously?  Good grief

It really is laughable...

Given how popular Clinton was when the Impeachment ended and the general disapproval of Starr at the time, I'm surprised they rolled him out for this.  I know the choices were constrained by the fact that most lawyers wanted nothing to do with this #### show, but probably not the best choice.  That clip will go viral and every late-night show will have a field day with it.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 1

I'm still confused on this argument that POTUS due process rights were violated in the House impeachment proceedings. If the House proceedings are the indictment and the Senate proceedings are the trial, what rights does the POTUS have in the indictment process? Doesn't the indictment merely lay out a case to jurors whether to pursue legal actions against a defendant? Isn't the trial (Senate) where further witnesses, documents, and the square off between prosecution and the defense is supposed to take place? This outrage over process seems not grounded in reality to me. Am I misunderstanding what an indictment process is supposed to look like?

Also this blanket defense of executive privilege is BS and dangerous.

Edited by cap'n grunge
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cap'n grunge said:

Am I misunderstanding what an indictment process is supposed to look like?

You ate understanding it perfectly

4 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

I'm still confused on this argument that POTUS due process rights were violated in the House impeachment proceedings. If the House proceedings are the indictment and the Senate proceedings are the trial, what rights does the POTUS have in the indictment process? Doesn't the indictment merely lay out a case to jurors whether to pursue legal actions against a defendant? Isn't the trial where further witnesses, documents, and the square odd between prosecution and the defense supposed to take place? This outrage over process seems not grounded in reality to me. Am I misunderstanding what an indictment process is supposed to look like?

You’re not confused.  It’s 100% pure, Grade-A BS.

• Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, cap'n grunge said:

I'm still confused on this argument that POTUS due process rights were violated in the House impeachment proceedings. 

Don’t feel bad. The defense team is too. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

This current guy is nearly as droning as Starr was. It surprises me that a guy like Trump, who understands presentation probably better than he understands anything at all, would allow these guys to speak for him. 

At least Dershowitz is a good speaker. 

Quinn Sutherland @ReelQuinn

• ABC: Bolton’s book
  • NBC: Bolton’s book
  • CNN: Bolton’s book
  • Cartoon Network: Bolton’s book
  • Animal Planet: Bolton’s book
  • FOX News: Fun decorations for Groundhog Day
  • Groundhog Channel: Bolton’s book
  •  
Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 11
  • Thinking 1

Bondi bites on the Biden Burisma brief, aka bat#### bull####tery.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

Everyone please, this is important!  You need to direct your full attention to Hunter Biden receiving $83k a month for 17 months.  That is way more than the average family makes!

* Pay no attention to the tens of millions the trump kids make, their non-government experience or their involvement with fraudulent organizations.  That's not relevant.

Edited by beef
  • Like 6
  • Laughing 1

It is hard to believe that she is up there doing this right now.  On so many levels.  They must be taking the piss at this point, no?

• Like 1

I wish there was a camera showing the faces of the senators during this train wreck.

• Like 1

Anyone wanna tell her this isn’t the Biden impeachment?

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Don’t we wish.  This long, national nightmare would finally be over.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, zoonation said:

I wish there was a camera showing the faces of the senators during this train wreck.

I liked this part

From November 2019 to 2019.  From May 2019 to November 2019.  From April 2019 to May 2019 to November 2019.  From April 2019 to November 2019.  Hunter Biden was unemployed.

3 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Can't wait for Rudy's documentary.  Should be the holy grail of grassy noles.

3 hours ago, stlrams said:

If you knew the spelling of all 3 countries, that's impressive.

:bowtie:

"Hey room full of rich white senators:  Nepotism is bad!"

I mean, come on.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, McBokonon said:

But for the bulk of the Trump base, when Trump hires him, he's great. When Trump fires him or he quits, he's garbage.

sounds like every football coach in the history of football

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, timschochet said:

Ken Starr is so...lulling. I’m going to make a tape of this and play it whenever I have insomnia. 

Much easier to just go here.

• Laughing 2

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

I cant believe they’re really going here. So sleazy. 

Yes you can...it was always going to be sleazy.

3 hours ago, [scooter] said:

Ultimately, what Ken Starr is doing today is continuing – if not completing – the rehabilitation of Bill Clinton's reputation.

He's going on about Epstein now?

1 hour ago, cap'n grunge said:

I'm still confused on this argument that POTUS due process rights were violated in the House impeachment proceedings. If the House proceedings are the indictment and the Senate proceedings are the trial, what rights does the POTUS have in the indictment process? Doesn't the indictment merely lay out a case to jurors whether to pursue legal actions against a defendant? Isn't the trial (Senate) where further witnesses, documents, and the square off between prosecution and the defense is supposed to take place? This outrage over process seems not grounded in reality to me. Am I misunderstanding what an indictment process is supposed to look like?

The house process is not an indictment process.  That was a made up narrative to justify cherry-picking testimony.  The house process was never intended to be this way and has never been applied this way.  The fact that this narrative has been proliferated demonstrates how far gone this has become.