What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (3 Viewers)

The amazing thing is that there’s 75% of the country that want witnesses. There’s very few things that 75% of the country agrees on. If that number holds true and witnesses aren’t called there’s going to be a lot of angry people when even more bombshells drop that would have been revealed in witness testimony. It might even be better if they allow the witnesses then vote to acquit.
I think most people answer it honestly and they would like to see witnesses.  I don't believe in the end it's a "I demand witnesses," to the point they're going to put their nickel down and vote a certain way.  Sure, they want witnesses.  People want a lot of things.  I don't know that the witnesses or lack thereof will determine votes. 

Maybe I'll be wrong. 

Is Dershowitz seriously arguing that since all Presidents believe that their own reelection is in the national interest that there can be nothing wrong with using their office to affect their reelection because they believe it is in the national interest?
Ladies and gentlemen, Dershowitz just admitted to Trump trying to start a dictatorship, because what he just said is what dictators do.

I think most people answer it honestly and they would like to see witnesses.  I don't believe in the end it's a "I demand witnesses," to the point they're going to put their nickel down and vote a certain way.  Sure, they want witnesses.  People want a lot of things.  I don't know that the witnesses or lack thereof will determine votes. 

Maybe I'll be wrong. 
People do want lots of things.  Like a functioning democracy and separation of powers.  Or evidence presented at trials and stuff.

But we can't have everything can we?

Dershowitz just claimed that even if President Trump was looking out for his own political interests when withholding the aid and pushing for the probes, that is still not impeachable.

Dershowitz also claims that Trump's own political interests are in the public interest?  :confused:

People do want lots of things.  Like a functioning democracy and separation of powers.  Or evidence presented at trials and stuff.

But we can't have everything can we?
I made a simple point.  You're sarcastic response doesn't change it. 

Maybe I'll be wrong. 
For Trump, probably not gonna change any votes but I think it could hurt the individual Senators who are at risk. An independent voter or a never-Trump Republican voter might still vote for a Republican Senator but this could change their mind.

Is Dershowitz seriously arguing that since all Presidents believe that their own reelection is in the national interest that there can be nothing wrong with using their office to affect their reelection because they believe it is in the national interest?
How very Nixonian.

That Dershowitz argument was insane.

Ladies and gentlemen, Dershowitz just admitted to Trump trying to start a dictatorship, because what he just said is what dictators do.

Dershowitz just claimed that even if President Trump was looking out for his own political interests when withholding the aid and pushing for the probes, that is still not impeachable.

Dershowitz also claims that Trump's own political interests are in the public interest?  :confused:
I'm starting to think Dersh is some sort of Soros-funded, Democrat mole.  It's more logical than reality.

For Trump, probably not gonna change any votes but I think it could hurt the individual Senators who are at risk. An independent voter or a never-Trump Republican voter might still vote for a Republican Senator but this could change their mind.
It could.  You're right. 

I tend to think if you're happy with your senator leading up to this:  you'll still vote for him/her.  People answer yes when they're asked if they want/support witnesses.  They're not being asked if they'll be outraged.  They're not being asked if they think it's a cover up.  They're not asked if it's a sticking point. 

I'm starting to think Dersh is some sort of Soros-funded, Democrat mole.  It's more logical than reality.
Reality has become a lot more unreal lately, politically anyway. My brain sees the things going on by the GOP, but my logic center is off in Narnia trying to figure out why.

The amazing thing is that there’s 75% of the country that want witnesses. There’s very few things that 75% of the country agrees on. If that number holds true and witnesses aren’t called there’s going to be a lot of angry people when even more bombshells drop that would have been revealed in witness testimony. It might even be better if they allow the witnesses then vote to acquit.
The Pres has really put them in a tight spot. 

I don't know why I am watching this. This talk about how the subpoenas weren't valid because there wasn't a full House vote to open an impeachment proceeding before they were issued is causing me to convulse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trump must have some video evidence of Dershowitz’s activities with Epstein because simply knowing about it isn’t enough for him to go off the deep end this badly.

I don't know why I am watching this. This talk about how the subpoenas weren't valid because there wasn't a full House vote to open an impeachment proceeding before they were issued is causing me to convulse.
Didn’t some of the subpoenas happen after they did vote?

The very first question asked by Collins, Romney, and Murkowski, was the most telling and problematic. It sure sounds to me like this is how the "moderate" Republicans are going to explain away acquittal: "OK sure his motives might have been bad, but there was also the possibility that they were good too. And we can never know- no witness, not even Bolton, can ever tell us FULLY what was in the President's mind, and so....we can't justify removing him."
This is the dumbest argument I've heard yet.

Adam Schiff on the GOP claim impeachment voids elections:

"If that were the case, there would be no impeachment clause in the Constitution. Because, by definition, if you're impeaching a president, that president ... won an election. Clearly, that's not what the Founders had in mind."

This argument against witnesses because of time consumption is akin to telling your kid to clean up their room only to be met with the resistance of “but I have soooo much school work to do” and all that work is already 3 weeks late or more

You don't have to tie up the Senate with proceedings. You can have GOP leaders do the right thing and ask POTUS to resign like Nixon.
That wasn't going to happen.  Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi knew it wouldn't happen. 

The best bet was to go through the courts and get all of your ducks in a row.  And then they're not trying to shame the Senate into doing something they very well could have done.

That wasn't going to happen.  Schiff, Nadler, and Pelosi knew it wouldn't happen. 

The best bet was to go through the courts and get all of your ducks in a row.  And then they're not trying to shame the Senate into doing something they very well could have done.
They are going through the court. The Senate is the court with the most powerful judge in the nation presiding.

I thought the Republicans voted against opening the impeachment inquiry because there wasn't enough evidence.

They are going through the court. The Senate is the court with the most powerful judge in the nation presiding.
The Senate is also the Senate.  And If they don't want to help the House make their case...the House is going to look back and think they should have gone through the courts. 

The House had all of the power, and they gave it to the Senate.

They went to court to fight to get McGahn to testify...in April and are still fighting in courts now. That’s the entire goal - makeup a fake privilege that would take months in court to fight. Then when they finally get resolved, claim that it’s too close to the election and the voters should just decide.

Q: "Isn't it true that depositions of the Clinton trial were completed in only one day each and isn't true that the Chief Justice ...has the authority to resolve any claims of privilege or other witness issues without any delay?"

Jeffries: "Mr. Chief Justice, the answer is yes."

Users who are viewing this thread