Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

2 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

clelastllarams

It’s all about accuracy right.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, adonis said:

Guys, remember when Trump had nothing to do with Russia?  And then it turns out that he had a lot to do with Russia?  Deny, Deny, Deny, ...can't deny anymore?  Admit it but claim it's not wrong!

We're there again.  NO QUID PRO QUO.  NONE....didn't happen.  Well, OK, something did happen but it wasn't that.  OK, so it was that, it was quid pro quo, but it wasn't wrong, it shouldn't be impeachable.

God...how many times do we have to go through the same charade?

This all reminds me of an abusive relationship.  One party repeatedly hurts the other physically, mentally, or both and the abused always takes them back because "they've changed and love me".  It's really sad and concerning.  (No sarcasm intended) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

This all reminds me of an abusive relationship.  One party repeatedly hurts the other physically, mentally, or both and the abused always takes them back because "they've changed and love me".  It's really sad and concerning.  (No sarcasm intended) 

People are buggy.  They trust people they shouldn't.  Trump is clearly a person who should not be trusted, yet many do.  He connects with people in ways they long for, and in ways that prevent them from being able to see him for who he is.

"But he loves me"...is the equivalent to what many folks say about him. 

• Thanks 1

I love how Trumpists try to explain the brilliance of Dershowitz’s Constitutional pretzel to me but can’t explain why Trumps tax returns havent been turned over to Congress yet.

The explicit words dont matter it is this pretzel we came up with that does.

I’m tired of telling people their fly is down.

Edited by Daywalker
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, adonis said:

People are buggy.  They trust people they shouldn't.  Trump is clearly a person who should not be trusted, yet many do.  He connects with people in ways they long for, and in ways that prevent them from being able to see him for who he is.

"But he loves me"...is the equivalent to what many folks say about him. 

It is the typical con.  People rather dig deeper rather than admit they are a fool.

The maddening thing about Trump is we all have close family and friends that we thought knew better.

• Like 5

Trump is the guy in the bath robe sitting on the bed when Stormy came out of the bathroom.

In a way Trumpists are just like Stormy.

One thing though, even she admits he is a creep.

One more thing.  Cohen in jail for doing Trumps bidding.  It is on tape.

Next time a democrat in the executive Trump going to jail.

Not sure why this isn’t a bigger talking point.

2 hours ago, Stealthycat said:

worried no - it will be 100% partisan voting and Trump will laugh at this impeachment like many American's will

but it IS a conflict of interest to be voting to remove the person you'd be running against, of COURSE you want to remove him - duh 

I'm guessing you would tell us that the democrat candidates are all running on nothing but "I'm not Trump".   That the have no ideas except trying to make this a referendum on Trump.  So of course they want to remove the entire theme of their campaigns.

3 hours ago, zoonation said:

I thought you had said before that you were taking the high ground and releasing him from that punitive wager?

i might be wrong.  But I thought you said that. 

I said I was considering it but we never fully came to terms yet

• Thanks 1

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I still think the whole Hunter Biden thing is a ruse. But if they do call him, then the Senate will be doing  exactly what Trump was impeached for: using a fake scandal to try and bring down the Bidens. 

And assuming Trump is acquitted, and the Hunter Biden thing hurts his dad just enough to make Bernie the nominee and Trump is then re-elected, this whole thing becomes mission accomplished for Donald Trump. 

Honestly the damage is done already. Just the fact that anyone knows about Hunter Biden means that it worked. There doesn’t need to be legitimate investigation for Trump to create the doubt that he needs. The goal is to make it a repeat of 2016 and make the average voter chose the lesser of two evils and I think they’ve already done that if Biden is the nominee.

If there’s an offer of witness swap, they should take it. What Bolton has to say is likely worth it.

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Wait...what?  Bolton hasn't supported it...so the whole argument is bs?  Come on man...
The trial is about his impeachable offenses.

Has Bolton testified or have we seen manuscript yet.  Until either happens it’s hersey. 

5 hours ago, Mile High said:

The White House has a copy of the book. Trump said Bolton was lying, he didn't say Bolton never said it. What do you take from that?

Please provide copy of book so you can support your point.  

4 hours ago, Daywalker said:

We all on the same plane with a drunk pilot.  Yet one side thinks they are winning.

Cause the pilot let them upgrade from Economy to First Class, as long as they keep bringing him drinks.   What could go wrong?

16 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

No.

16 hours ago, whoknew said:

No. The Senate sets the rules for the impeachment.

I read a WSJ opinion the other day that argued that there is actually no vote required, and that it was within Roberts' purview to call witnesses. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: It was nytimes. Here it is

Yet Republican members of the Senate have signaled that they intend to uphold Mr. Trump’s unprecedented decision to block all of this material.

But it turns out they don’t get to make that choice — Chief Justice John Roberts does. This isn’t a matter of Democrats needing four “moderate” Republicans to vote for subpoenas and witnesses, as the Trump lawyers have been claiming. Rather, the impeachment rules, like all trial systems, put a large thumb on the scale of issuing subpoenas and place that power within the authority of the judge, in this case the chief justice.

Edited by Tecumseh

4 hours ago, timschochet said:

And the law of unintended consequences biting the Dems in the ###.  Maybe letting the voters decide with less than a year to go.  

The moderate dems hand over reigns of leadership  to the far left.

8 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Hence the mad genius of the programmers.  They’re clearly stretching the boundaries to find the breaking point. Genius. 

Edge cases, bruh, edge cases.

21 hours ago, Henry Ford said:

The thong bikini was invented by an Austrian in the United States at the beginning of WWII.  I hypothesize that it was a weapon intended to distract this country and keep us from entering the coming war.

Seems like it would do the opposite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Maybe letting the voters decide with less than a year to go.  

What is so magical about this one year cutofff? And somehow I wonder this excuse of timing would be used regardless of when an impeachment occurred. 

"he has been president less than a year - you can't impeach and tale away what the voters wanted!'

"the midterms are right around the corner, let's have the new Congress decide his fate. we must wait until after that election!"

on and on and on 

• Thanks 4

1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

And the law of unintended consequences biting the Dems in the ###.  Maybe letting the voters decide with less than a year to go.  

The Democrats had no choice. Trump committed an impeachable crime. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stlrams said:

Has Bolton testified or have we seen manuscript yet.  Until either happens it’s hersey. 

Oh, so close! Do you want to see Bolton testify? Why do you think the Republicans are fighting it?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, timschochet said:

Good posting except for the fact that Bernie is a much better candidate than a guy who is running in slo motion.  Trump would be torpedoing himself by taking out Biden.

Just now, Amused to Death said:

Oh, so close! Do you want to see Bolton testify? Why do you think the Republicans are fighting it?

Unless you are nipping at the bait to keep him trolling so he gets banned, why are you engaging?

4 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Unless you are nipping at the bait to keep him trolling so he gets banned, why are you engaging?

Lol. I'm trying to keep him trolling? I'm not going to comment on his posting style. It's against the rules. Keep it on topic please.

There are some who complain that Trump supporters can't post here. This is a prime example of why it can nearly impossible to have an honest conversation. Stlrams, I mean.

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, timschochet said:

The Democrats had no choice. Trump committed an impeachable crime. 

Oh.   No he didnt.  But sure he was impeached.   Just not gonna be convicted.  What's the remedy?

In this country its elections.  

No choice in a political  act.    That's funny.

2 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

I read a WSJ opinion the other day that argued that there is actually no vote required, and that it was within Roberts' purview to call witnesses. I'll see if I can dig it up.

Edit: It was nytimes. Here it is

That article is wrong. The Democrats tried to pass an amendment to the impeachment rules so that Roberts would determine the relevancy of evidence but the Republicans voted it down. The Senate votes on the subpoenas. 

ETA: It appears the article is arguing that the Senate doesn't need to vote on subpoenas and the House managers naturally have subpoena power which may be valid, but that isn't how this is going to work. The Senators are going to vote on the subpoenas.

Edited by TheMagus

6 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Lol. I'm trying to keep him trolling? I'm not going to comment on his posting style. It's against the rules. Keep it on topic please.

There are some who complain that Trump supporters can't post here. This is a prime example of why it can nearly impossible to have an honest conversation. Stlrams, I mean.

I agree, although one could argue that the Trump supporters capable of engaging in discussion have been run off leaving the ones who don't.

8 hours ago, Dickies said:

So we are back to “get over it”?

We all knew we'd get here eventually. The retreat to this point was inevitable.

If the Republics don't call Bolton and his book comes out confirming what Donald did, that's going to be a bad look for them. Even low interest voters understand a cover up when they see one out in the open.

24 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Yes let’s hear what he has to say or at least get the manuscript rather then relying on what the media says via their anonymous sources that everyone loves to run with..

• Like 2

6 hours ago, timschochet said:

What ever happened to that banner.  I mean I know they could make up another to have him stand in front of it but it would not be as compelling as having the original.  A piece of Americana like that hopefully has been preserved, maybe in the Smithsonian.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

5 hours ago, Biff84 said:

Honestly the damage is done already. Just the fact that anyone knows about Hunter Biden means that it worked. There doesn’t need to be legitimate investigation for Trump to create the doubt that he needs. The goal is to make it a repeat of 2016 and make the average voter chose the lesser of two evils and I think they’ve already done that if Biden is the nominee.

If there’s an offer of witness swap, they should take it. What Bolton has to say is likely worth it.

I am starting to wonder about how much more we can get out of Bolton if he repeats that the President told him the aid was held back until Ukraine started an investigation into the Bidens. It could be a bit of “we already know that from the NYT article, what else do you have to say?” And if the only way is to get this is to make it is  a kangaroo court  about the Bidens, I don’t like it.

Edited by lazyike
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

What ever happened to that banner.  I mean I know they could make up another to have him stand in front of it but it would not be as compelling as having the original.  A piece of Americana like that hopefully has been preserved, maybe in the Smithsonian.

Ah, I found my answer.  The Bush Presidential Library.

https://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/11/18/political.circus/index.html

Turns out the Library does not have the complete set of first edition Curious George Books.  Whoever told me that is wrong!

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders

President Trump’s tweets these morning seem to indicate that, given the choice, he would prefer not to have witnesses. 

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

President Trump’s tweets these morning seem to indicate that, given the choice, he would prefer not to have witnesses. 

A curious decision to not have people who could exonerate oneself testify in their defense.

29 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

My Link

4 hours ago, stlrams said:

Several have testified corroborating what we know of the leak so far.

And only one side is pushing for Bolton to testify.

11 hours ago, stlrams said:

So no one can provide the actual manuscript....  shocking.  It’s the piranhas of fbgs that smell blood....

You're right. Since the actual manuscript can't be provided, it's too bad there's no way to find out what Bolton actually knows and says. Somebody ought to invent some way to do that. Maybe we could even come up with a catchy name for it like "witness testimony">

• Thinking 1

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Nm

Edited by Sheriff Bart

2 hours ago, quick-hands said:

Maybe we let the voters decide against these senators...but the actions of the President aren't jsut those that you ignore and let the voters decide.  As has been pointed out...that sets the precedent that in the last year and a half of a term that any president can do what they want...because, you know, we need to let the voters decide.

Far left?  You think Nancy is on the far left?  You think the far left were the only ones calling for his impeachment?

Edited by sho nuff