Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

14 hours ago, Phil Elliott said:

Instead of each side saying "you're lying", it would be nice to see some hard evidence.

Or at least they could expand their vocabularies to include perfidy, mendacious, and prevaricator.

Edited by Ditkaless Wonders
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

How is it just being blown off that the defense team just argued that the POTUS can’t be impeached if he’s trying to get re-elected.  The madness of this is hard to comprehend.  

Because the GOP doesn't care.  Probably even cheer it on.

1 hour ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Fir a guy who got slandered by Trump the same way... it’s just pathetic to be that servile.

Exactly captures it.

Somebody please post Lawrence Tribes response to Dershowitz the flip flopper  who has the audacity to call Tribe out for flip flopping on the same issue that Dersh  has flip flopped  on.  Ir should be gold Jerry gold!!! 

10 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

We did generate some good phrases.  Freedom Riders, Trail of Tears, Red Scare.

Better Dead than Red, Girls Gone Wild

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

My steamy history with Pam Bondi would have made the situation untenable.

Yeah Baby!  She's super freaky.

If this was a ballgame I'd say the team favored by 25 is still gonna win this thing but it's a damn sight closer than I originally thought it was going to be. The favorite sleepwalked, came out flat, and the underdogs came loaded to play hard to the last minute.

The Dems have equipped themselves well and even talking about witnesses being in play is dramatic and gratifying, at least to me. I hope it happens. I'll be encouraged by it. And just because Kavanaugh went one way doesn't mean that it won't go another this time. Play to the whistle.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 5

LOL. Well, another swing and a miss by the dems.  Anyone have any idea what the next attempt will be about? Schiff and Pelosi look like fools.

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

I was in the legal advisory team for two different witnesses in the Thomas Porteous impeachment. 

Edit: I did not appear at a hearing.

Edit2: “legal advisory team” sounds a lot bigger than it was. I was on the “oh, man, you should definitely respond to that” team. 

This past year I redrafted some campaign finance provisions, worked to redraft Intergovernmental agreements in a coordinated election to insure equality of information access to returns, and I appeared three times in court to address challenges to access to the ballot.  I won BTW, each time.  On Impeachment, well I read the entirety of the Starr report and lived through Nixon.  Never worked or studied on Impeachment beyond mild curiosity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lod001 said:

LOL. Well, another swing and a miss by the dems.  Anyone have any idea what the next attempt will be about? Schiff and Pelosi look like fools.

I am proctoring an evening study hall and have no access to a TV or sound for that matter. What did I miss? Is it over? I was hoping to catch Beyonce.

17 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Or at lest they could expand their vocabularies to include perfidy, mendacious, and prevaricator.

Beyond my vocabulary.

2 minutes ago, pecorino said:

I am proctoring an evening study hall and have no access to a TV or sound for that matter. What did I miss? Is it over? I was hoping to catch Beyonce.

Pretty much over. They will end this attempted coup sometime between tomorrow and Saturday. Trump will be able to give the state of the union with those schmucks stewing in their seats, deservedly so.

Edited by lod001
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

19 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Or at lest they could expand their vocabularies to include perfidy, mendacious, and prevaricator.

Instead we spend time on pettifogging. 

I'd like to see a count of how many questions have gone from R's to Dem Managers vs how many to GOP Team President. And vice versa (D to R's vs D to D's).

Just now, SaintsInDome2006 said:

I'd like to see a count of how many questions have gone from R's to Dem Managers vs how many to GOP Team President. And vice versa (D to R's vs D to D's).

I was hoping there would be more confrontation from party to party.  The closest thing has been Cruz going after Schiff and the whistle blower.  

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

I was in the legal advisory team for two different witnesses in the Thomas Porteous impeachment. 

Edit: I did not appear at a hearing.

Edit2: “legal advisory team” sounds a lot bigger than it was. I was on the “oh, man, you should definitely respond to that” team. 

:tebow: seriously. You minimize your role but I’m impressed.

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

At least Colorado gets to cut Cory Gardner. I'll take that win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Is that the female version of carpet bombing?

4 minutes ago, Phil Elliott said:

:tebow: seriously. You minimize your role but I’m impressed.

You wouldn’t be if you knew the details. 

5 minutes ago, jm192 said:

I was hoping there would be more confrontation from party to party.  The closest thing has been Cruz going after Schiff and the whistle blower.  

I haven’t been able to follow today but ideally the questions should reflect fulcrum issues that could affect decision making. 

17 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Yes. Its them that look like fools.  Not Trump and the GOP with rationalizing Trump can do whatever he wants.

Schiff has killed every Trump narrative 

Edited by sho nuff

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Pretty much over. They will end this attempted coup sometime between tomorrow and Saturday. Trump will be able to give the state of the union with those schmucks stewing in their seats, deservedly so.

Why do you keep calling this a coup?  Its odd.

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yes. Its them that look like fools.  Not Trump and the GOP with rationalizing Trump can do whatever he wants.

Schiff has killed every Trump narrative 

Schiff swung and missed. He lost and looks like a total fool.

15 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

I must have missed when Swalwell was added as an impeachment manager

Just now, lod001 said:

It’s amusing that you think anyone other than President Trump and the GOP is the loser in this affair. 

• Like 4

Dershowitz is actually doubling down. It’s unbelievable. And this time it’s an even worse argument. 

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Dershowitz is actually doubling down. It’s unbelievable. And this time it’s an even worse argument. 

I really wish someone would bring up how he said Trump would be a corrupt POTUS back in 2016.

Edited by Sheriff Bart
  • Like 1

According to Dershowitz, if Trump is taking his action to defeat Joe Biden, then that’s in the public interest because Joe Biden might be corrupt. You can’t impeach Trump over this because he’s looking out for the rest of us, otherwise Biden might be elected. 

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

We, the people, are all losers here.  The Senate is codifying an imperial presidency that is beyond the reach of checks on its power. That is a shameful dereliction of their duties.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Thats a strange take...

2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Thats a strange take...

Guess we will find out when he's either removed or not removed

1 minute ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Guess we will find out when he's either removed or not removed

No. That’s preordained. We won’t find out until November. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

According to Dershowitz, if Trump is taking his action to defeat Joe Biden, then that’s in the public interest because Joe Biden might be corrupt. You can’t impeach Trump over this because he’s looking out for the rest of us, otherwise Biden might be elected. 

I think tomorrow he’s gonna throw out the argument that QAnon might be true and we can’t remove Trump because he plays an important role.

55 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

We did generate some good phrases.  Freedom Riders, Trail of Tears, Red Scare.

I have some Cherokee ancestry, so that second one is not great for me.

2 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

I think tomorrow he’s gonna throw out the argument that QAnon might be true and we can’t remove Trump because he plays an important role.

Sounds like one of Pam Bondis lines.

Joe Biden should say, “My son does not deserve to be dragged through the mud because Trump fears me.  I am running for POTUS.  I welcome the interrogation.  My son is not in this arena unlike Trumps kids.  I will testify before the Senate if that will put an end to this nonsense.  I have nothing to hide.  I will do so after Donald Trump testifies.”

This is how Biden should address this issue.  Go on the offensive.  Nothing to lose because Trump will never testify.  Makes Trump look like the weak one hiding.

• Love 1

46 minutes ago, Phil Elliott said:

Rep Demings’ suit looks very tight. That may just be the style.

I’m a fan now. I’d love to see her as VP but I don’t know if that’s even a thing.

I wonder how all the Republicans like Dershowitz’s argument when they realize it would have given Obama justification for ordering an investigation into Trump just because he might become President.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 2

24 minutes ago, timschochet said:

It’s amusing that you think anyone other than President Trump and the GOP is the loser in this affair. 

Havent you seen all the flattering portrayals of Nixon and Mccarthey the last 50 years?

• Laughing 1

49 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Jeez mang. Can you dial it down a notch or twenty? 

Edited by Jackstraw
  • Like 8

32 minutes ago, timschochet said:

He's just trying to elicit reactions. He uses coup like Rush, Levin and Hannity.  Very amusing.

• Like 1

The furthest you can get with a Trumpists when u swat away all their nonsense is that, “they all do it.  Dont be naive.  Get over it.”  Without a hint of irony regarding drain the swamp.

The party that cried wolf for the past decade did so to immunize us to wolves.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

How could you forget calumny?

• Love 2

18 minutes ago, lod001 said:

Told ya  all that Bolton was a nothingburger. 

Gotta sell books somehow. 

• Like 1