Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I can't really see Graham as headman either. 

JUST... KEEP... SCROLLING...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Schiff should testify...so should John Roberts, Ted Cruz, Don Lemon, Hunter Biden, Hillary, Jim Belushi, the lead singer of The New Radicals, and this guy.

Let's start with schiff.   We agree.  The Senate can vote on the other guys.  

1 hour ago, Gr00vus said:

It's absolutely horrific. The Dems are going to have to do a little evil if they want to do some greater goods. That's where we're at now. Tell me which of the Dem candidates is going to run the most sophisticated machiavellian campaign in the general, and I'll vote for that one.

Bloomberg.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I get the feeling some of you have no idea what is going on. 

You with your fancy map reading and using punctuation.  

can my ex testify?  I have some questions. 

7 minutes ago, joffer said:

can my ex testify?  I have some questions. 

The answers are:

Yes,

Wednesday Night,

Eyes and Pecs,

Sometimes,

Fajitas,

Around $5000,

Never really enjoyed that,

Armand Van Schenecker,

More than 7 shots of Stoli,

Astroglide

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 3
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

The scary thing is I'm sooooo sure our enemies would prefer him in office. Absolutely positive. 

There's no mystery about it. They're the reason he's in office now.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Bloomberg.

Sold. Turn on the bubble machine...

35 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Let's start with schiff.   We agree.  The Senate can vote on the other guys.  

Spare parts, bud.

2 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

There's no mystery about it. They're the reason he's in office now.

I think that's a bridge too far, but I get the distinct feeling they prefer it, we've gotten soft, and they'll test any Democratic president to the nth if we elect one. We're in for a bumpy ride.

3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I think that's a bridge too far, but I get the distinct feeling they prefer it, we've gotten soft, and they'll test any Democratic president to the nth if we elect one. We're in for a bumpy ride.

They ran bot armies that basically dictated the level of discourse, provided a lot of funding through back channels, stole and shared all kinds of intel, and cracked voting machines.

How much smoke do you need?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, timschochet said:

You're probably right. I can't really see Graham as headman either. I'll have to think of somebody a little tougher.

Has to be Jim Jordan.

5 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

They ran bot armies that basically dictated the level of discourse, provided a lot of funding through back channels, stole and shared all kinds of intel, and cracked voting machines.

How much smoke do you need?

They did that, but I don't think they fundamentally changed the election. That's really a lay opinion. I know they were messing with the elections and the lack of response on our end was significant and stupid and I hold it against the Rs in the Senate for holding up House bills.

Paper ballots next time. Caveat emptor on Facebook and social media. Watch freaking PBS News. That'll solve the problem. 

1 hour ago, quick-hands said:

Well maybe  they should have put someone in that spot.  But they didnt.  So schiff has to man up.  Hth

The DOJ buried the complaint. They are the ones to appoint a special prosecutor. The House doesn’t appoint a special prosecutor. So the difference is Starr was an independent counsel looking into the matter, gave a report to Congress, and then answered questions about his findings, and Congress voted to impeach. Hth.

eta: If a special counsel were appointed by the doj we wouldn’t have the “partisan witch hunt” bs either.

Edited by Snorkelson

Warren's Question, as read by CJ Roberts: "At a time when large majorities of Americans have lost faith in government, does the fact that the Chief Justice is presiding over an impeachment trial in which Republican senators have thus far refused to allow witnesses or evidence contribute to the loss of legitimacy of the chief justice, the supreme court, and the constitution?"

Local Fox.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Spare parts, bud.

Yea but factory spare parts. Delco,  Mopar, Ford OEM.  The good stuff.

1 hour ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

Schiff should testify...so should John Roberts, Ted Cruz, Don Lemon, Hunter Biden, Hillary, Jim Belushi, the lead singer of The New Radicals, and this guy.

"Health insurance, rip-off lying
FDA, big bankers buying
Fake computer crashes dining
Cloning while they're multiplying
Fashion shoots with Beck and Hanson
Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson
You're all fakes, run to your mansions
Come around, we'll kick your asses!"

- Bernie Sanders in Dubuque, Iowa on Jan 7, 2020

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

26 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

The DOJ buried the complaint. They are the ones to appoint a special prosecutor. The House doesn’t appoint a special prosecutor. So the difference is Starr was an independent counsel looking into the matter, gave a report to Congress, and then answered questions about his findings, and Congress voted to impeach. Hth.

eta: If a special counsel were appointed by the doj we wouldn’t have the “partisan witch hunt” bs either.

They had a special  council.  Mueller.

They have acting special council schiff.  So let him act.

If the house held an actual  house vote they might not have never started impeachment.

Lotsa new stuff.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3

5 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

If the house held an actual  house vote they might not have never started impeachment.

Lotsa new stuff.

Mueller has nothing to do with the impeachment trial. Schiff is not “acting special counsel” because that’s not a thing. 
And from where I’m sitting the house has not never started impeachment. 

8 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

Mueller has nothing to do with the impeachment trial. Schiff is not “acting special counsel” because that’s not a thing. 
And from where I’m sitting the house has not never started impeachment. 

Forget it, he's on a roll.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Lotsa new stuff.

hard to get that many things wrong in so few words.  Impressive.

• Like 7
  • Laughing 2

32 minutes ago, Steve Tasker said:

FDA, big bankers buying

Santayana goodbye! Bernie started the fire, it was always berning since the world was turning....

3 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I am a big fan of self deprecation.

I'm self depreciating. Expecting a huge refund this year. 

• Like 1

As we sit here on the eve of what is all but a fait accompli regarding shutting down a “trial” that never actually started, I’m reminded of all the doomsday prophecies that were offered up as soon as Trump shocked the world in November 2016.  

Most of those predictions can be effectively reduced to some version of a coming storm of authoritarianism.  As someone who has studied political science, philosophy and law, I dismissed these fears as fantastical;  America is the foundational modern western democratic model that has always served as a lighthouse to both established and aspiring democracies, in whatever form.  For all of her geo-political faults and missteps, America as a domestic enterprise has always been the gold standard, especially when one considers the size of the population the system governs. 

But those fantastical predictions I dismissed are now very real.  Trump has effectively neutered one of the co-equal branches of government in the American Presidential system and reduced its masters to loyal lords in his new Kingdom.  The rule of law has been cast aside in favour of the cultivation and maintenance of power.  

If you told me back in November 2016 what would be happening tomorrow I would have laughed and suggested you need to lay off the Michael Moore documentaries.  

When the senate votes tomorrow to flush this “trial” down the drain, America will find itself charting a new course.  A course that will only embolden corruption and diminish the rule of law more and more.  

crazy, crazy times.   

• Like 11
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

I am a big fan of self deprecation.

If you call Dentist he can probably recommend someone so you don’t have to do it yourself. 

• Laughing 3

7 hours ago, rockaction said:

tim, this is the worst post I've ever seen you have. It won't stain the GOP forever and it certainly doesn't rise to the level of O.J.

C'mon. 

It rises to the level of OJ after brushing your teeth. 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

3 minutes ago, zoonation said:

As we sit here on the eve of what is all but a fait accompli regarding shutting down a “trial” that never actually started, I’m reminded of all the doomsday prophecies that were offered up as soon as Trump shocked the world in November 2016.  

Most of those predictions can be effectively reduced to some version of a coming storm of authoritarianism.  As someone who has studied political science, philosophy and law, I dismissed these fears as fantastical;  America is the foundational modern western democratic model that has always served as a lighthouse to both established and aspiring democracies, in whatever form.  For all of her geo-political faults and missteps, America as a domestic enterprise has always been the gold standard, especially when one considers the size of the population the system governs. 

But those fantastical predictions I dismissed are now very real.  Trump has effectively neutered one of the co-equal branches of government in the American Presidential system and reduced its masters to loyal lords in his new Kingdom.  The rule of law has been cast aside in favour of the cultivation and maintenance of power.  

If you told me back in November 2016 what would be happening tomorrow I would have laughed and suggested you need to lay off the Michael Moore documentaries.  

When the senate votes tomorrow to flush this “trial” down the drain, America will find itself charting a new course.  A course that will only embolden corruption and diminish the rule of law more and more.  

crazy, crazy times.   

Good post, totally agree except for the “didn’t know in 2016” part. It’s always been apparent to me that this was a last gasp power grab, otherwise how could anyone reasonable support Trump? He was a convenient tool with built in brand recognition and appeal to...those people. Now authoritarian white minority rule will become entrenched. They have the courts, add voter suppression and state propaganda and, well, things are grim. We’ve learned what this country is about.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

4 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It rises to the level of OJ after brushing your teeth. 

That is the taste it leaves. Warner and Blumenthal asked an excellent question, it seems to me. Any thoughts, anyone? How compromised does our new motive/public interest standard leave us?

I don't like it one bit. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

I'm self depreciating. Expecting a huge refund this year. 

I’d like to be, unfortunately I’ve run some preliminary numbers and I’m getting hosed again.  These “tax cuts” have kicked my ###.  

1 hour ago, Steve Tasker said:

FDA, big bankers buying

Or the New Radicals...

I thought this was Nicki at the beginning of My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, but I was wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Juxtatarot said:

Lamar Alexander to announce his decision on witnesses tonight.

Lamar should do the right thing. 

12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Lamar should do the right thing. 

Yes, he should.  But I don’t think he will.

26 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’d like to be, unfortunately I’ve run some preliminary numbers and I’m getting hosed again.  These “tax cuts” have kicked my ###.  

I was talking about my body. I'm totally tight and rewarding but at a price to my joints. Too much zumba. Might have to go back to law school. Judging by Trump's representation it's pretty easy. 

Also the "tax cuts" killed me too. :(

3 hours ago, Grace Under Pressure said:

No witnesses, no removal, if there’s one thing that Trump is right about it’s that this is a charade but not for the reasons he thinks it is. 

Pretty sure there were 17 witnesses. Why does everyone keep peddling this false narrative of no witnesses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Morris Buttermaker said:

Pretty sure there were 17 witnesses. Why does everyone keep peddling this false narrative of no witnesses.

That wasn’t an impeachment trial. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Morris Buttermaker said:

Do you truly not understand the context of the statement you quoted?

• Like 1

We're back to you can't impeach Trump because it's an election year. 

Enough of this nonsense, I'm tapping out. 

McConnell, the man who prevented hearings for the appointment of a Supreme Court nominee, and who prevented witnesses at an impeachment trial. Quite the anticonstitutional innovator.

• Like 6
  • Laughing 1

27 minutes ago, Sheriff Bart said:

Enough of this nonsense, I'm tapping out. 

There’s no tapping out in Jazzercize. 

23 minutes ago, Mr. Pickles said:

There’s no tapping out in Jazzercize. 

Jazzercize is close to a naked jump party. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Schiff will win the D ticket in 2024 assuming there isn’t an incumbent. 

Said early in 2017 that Schiff was my guy, precisely because he’s serious, effective, and boring. American media will hold him up as a foil, and then remove his oxygen. He cannot survive the political media circus. They don’t want stable, good governance.

Edited by Mr. Ham
  • Laughing 1

Dems would be smart to make "anarchy" a buzz word going forward.  The Republicans are anarchists.  The Senate has bowed to Trump and they believe he is above the law.  Without the rule of law it will be anarchy.

How do you tell working class people not to lie, cheat and steal when the Republicans in Senate will not even admit Trump did anything wrong let alone impeachable.  They could say what Trump did was inappropriate but not impeachable.  We will use our oversight to make sure he doesn't make that mistake again.   These Senators are not starving.  They hold their money and power so dear that they can't even admit just a hint of wrongdoing.  They can't risk it.  They will lie, cheat and steal to keep theirs.  Your integrity should not be for sale.  Theirs?  We are talking big money and power here people.  Plus they where suits.  For some reason that makes it palatable.  Do as they say not as they do.

Edited by Daywalker
  • Laughing 1