Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

So they've orchestrated this so the retiring guy casts the deciding vote?  Seems like a safe no then?

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Schiff will win the D ticket in 2024 assuming there isn’t an incumbent. 

If Warren gets the nomination she would be wise to ask him to be VP. 

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

If Warren gets the nomination she would be wise to ask him to be VP. 

Her question to Chief Justice Roberts put a nail in her coffin today. It was completely inappropriate and made her look petulant. 

• Like 1

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost

Breaking: Sen. Collins says she will vote for calling witnesses in Trump's impeachment trial, first Republican to break with GOP leadership

• Love 1

Just now, Bucky86 said:

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost

Breaking: Sen. Collins says she will vote for calling witnesses in Trump's impeachment trial, first Republican to break with GOP leadership

I give no credit to any unless there are enough to change things. Otherwise I’m assuming everyone agreed to let her look good. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost

won’t save her in November

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

The Washington Post

@washingtonpost

Her and Romney. That’s about it. 

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lamar Alexander is about to announce how he’s going to vote! Can’t bear the suspense...

Hint: no. 

Just now, Nipsey said:

It's going to come down to Roberts.

I doubt it. I’m betting Murkowski votes no. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

good

Summary of his statement: We know he did it and don’t care.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

Just going to repost Popehat's tweet because it currently seems relevant again - 

It's amusing, in an apocalyptic sort of way, that people are still asking "what will the Republicans' defense be to this," when the defense is and always has been "#### you."

• Like 6
  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lamar says what Trump did was inappropriate but it doesn’t rise to the level of impeachment. 

Decades in office. His Legacy: dirtbag. 

• Like 1

So Collins and Murkowski get the up votes, Lamar falls on his sword. The rest of the GOP senators tuck away their gelatinous backbones in a fanny pack, marching off to their next term like the spineless amoebas they are. Will someone ban me already. I’ve had enough. 

• Like 1

Keen analysis of McConnell's machinations: putting the focus and "blame" on Senator Alexander might lighten the kneejerk reaction to other Senators, namely Gardner and Tillis.

• Like 1

Will there be one Democrat who can admit this is no where close to impeachable or will 100 percent of them toe the Democrat line and all fall into lockstep?  

Edited by jon_mx
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Gutless...sorry, I tend to like Lamar...but thats such a bogus line of crap.

The GOP are dead to me and I’m barring my 4-year old daughter from voting Republican until there is no Republic left, which might be just around the corner. 

• Like 4
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Will there be one Democrat who can admit this is no where close to impeachable or will 100 percent of them toe the Democrat line and all fall into lockstep?  

But it is very much impeachable...nowhere close?  Please

5 hours ago, Gr00vus said:

They ran bot armies that basically dictated the level of discourse, provided a lot of funding through back channels, stole and shared all kinds of intel, and cracked voting machines.

How much smoke do you need?

You basically just described the Democrats in 2015-2016.

Bot armies attempting to control social media: see Correct the Record

Funding through back channels: see Clinton Foundation, Joe/Hunter Biden, pedophile recently arrested who illegally funded Clinton, others

Stole and shared all kinds of intel: see FusionGPS, Steele (and his, get this, Russian sources), the FBI and their illegal FISAs (according to IG and DOJ),  and the media who leaked the unverified piss dossier and illegal surveillance of a political opponent

And cracked voting machines: see GA, MI, PA, and maybe VA (can't remember the last one)

Hopefully sooner than later you guys wake up and realize that everything you accuse Trump of doing is just projection and cover up by the guilty parties.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Bozeman Bruiser said:

You basically just described the Democrats in 2015-2016.

Bot armies attempting to control social media: see Correct the Record

Funding through back channels: see Clinton Foundation, Joe/Hunter Biden, pedophile recently arrested who illegally funded Clinton, others

Stole and shared all kinds of intel: see FusionGPS, Steele (and his, get this, Russian sources), the FBI and their illegal FISAs (according to IG and DOJ),  and the media who leaked the unverified piss dossier and illegal surveillance of a political opponent

And cracked voting machines: see GA, MI, PA, and maybe VA (can't remember the last one)

Hopefully sooner than later you guys wake up and realize that everything you accuse Trump of doing is just projection and cover up by the guilty parties.

Wow...how many ways can you prove his point about bots and propaganda in one post?  I mean seriously?

7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

But it is very much impeachable...nowhere close?  Please

The curtains are closing, you guys can give up the act now.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

I didn’t realize that a) there is no provision for Roberts to cast tie breaking votes and b) a 50/50 vote fails because it didn’t get a majority. So Murkowski’s Hamlet act is ultimately irrelevant. 

I agree that Alexander is serving as a deflector shield for Gardner, Tillis and McSally

16 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It’s unquestionably impeachable.

Source: he was impeached. 

• Like 6
  • Laughing 2

5 minutes ago, Widbil83 said:

The curtains are closing, you guys can give up the act now.  

Which act?  The one where there was any sliver of hope for the GOP to at least entertain doing the right thing?

3 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I didn’t realize that a) there is no provision for Roberts to cast tie breaking votes and b) a 50/50 vote fails because it didn’t get a majority. So Murkowski’s Hamlet act is ultimately irrelevant. 

This is thought to be true but not everyone agrees. 

1 hour ago, bigmarc27 said:

Her question to Chief Justice Roberts put a nail in her coffin today. It was completely inappropriate and made her look petulant. 

Your second sentence is correct, but that seems to be what people like these days.

8 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This is thought to be true but not everyone agrees. 

I know, but I can’t imagine Roberts injecting himself into the debate this way. Him sitting out the vote aligns perfectly with his desire not to make waves in this trial

I am incredibly proud of the work Adam Schiff and the House staff have done preparing for and arguing the impeachment trial. I find it vitally important for Democrats to fight for what is just and right, even against insurmountable odds.

They fought with passion and virtue, and my head will be held high, regardless of the ultimate outcome.

Tomorrow, Republicans will go on record with a vote about whether or not they want to hear more about corruption in the White House.

Take note of what your senators do, and vote accordingly when their terms mature. Do not take this lightly - our Democracy is at stake.

The world is watching. Our children are watching. How will you be remembered in this time of crises?

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Mr. Pickles said:

Lamar!

I remember that campaign slogan. Very subtle, very sneaky. Wouldn't catch it unless you really were paying attention.

12 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Let’s calm down everyone. Not like this was unexpected. 

Exactly. 

2 minutes ago, zftcg said:

I know, but I can’t imagine Roberts injecting himself into the debate this way. Him sitting out the vote aligns perfectly with his desire not to make waves in this trial

Him sitting out the vote is in line with his tack as a non-activist judge that gives wide berth to precedent and Congressional primacy over the judiciary, likely even adopting their prudential rules for sitting justices during impeachment hearings. 

• Like 1