What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

Rand Paul, in a final act of disgrace on behalf of the GOP senate, outs the WB in his "speech".  

Let that be a warning to all those who think about speaking truth to power going forward.  Laws do not matter anymore.  The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court can't even protect you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rand Paul, in a final act of disgrace on behalf of the GOP senate, outs the WB in his "speech".  

Let that be a warning to all those who think about speaking truth to power going forward.  Laws do not matter anymore.  The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court can't even protect you.
Can he be prosecuted for that? 

ETA

You know, before Trump, when laws mattered. 

And yours by all the Dems that said they were going to Impeach Trump shortly after the 2016 election.  
How many did that? Why always bring this up when it was fringe people at beat who were all shot down by the majority and leadership?

How many did that? Why always bring this up when it was fringe people at beat who were all shot down by the majority and leadership?
Don't you know how this works?  Once one liberal said it, all liberals, dems, independents, non-trump GOPers are guilty of saying it.

Don't you know how this works?  Once one liberal said it, all liberals, dems, independents, non-trump GOPers are guilty of saying it.
Oh i know...guy here running for Lamar’s senate seat and endorsed by Trump has been running commercials.  Its all the buzzwords, impeachment sham, do nothing democrats..on the Trump train.  Nothing about him and what he is really for.  And he will likely get the r nomination.  Just copying Blackburns bs.

But when he brought up democrats have wanted to impeach him from day one...showing Schumer, Schiff and Pelosi. None of whom came close to saying anything like that.

@ren hoek

I don't know if you recall our discussion before as to whether this person is a "whistleblower."  I hope he qualifies in your eyes now.

@ren hoek

I don't know if you recall our discussion before as to whether this person is a "whistleblower."  I hope he qualifies in your eyes now.
I guess people are within reason to call him that, but he's not on the same planet as Manning/Snowden.

Chelsea Manning is still in prison.  I haven't seen much concern over that from the 'Trump whistleblower' people.  

That's some fascist ish right there.

I guess people are within reason to call him that, but he's not on the same planet as Manning/Snowden.

Chelsea Manning is still in prison.  I haven't seen much concern over that from the 'Trump whistleblower' people.  
She probably should have followed the whistleblower laws then.  

She probably should have followed the whistleblower laws then.  
Yes, this is why people don't take the impeachment whistleblower handwringing seriously.  The contempt people like you and Schiff have for a real one like Manning as she rots in prison.  They deserve this L.  

NEW: Susan Collins told @NorahODonnell she believes the president has learned a "pretty big lesson" from impeachment and will be "much more cautious" about seeking foreign assistance in the future.

:lmao:
Read it like this for maximum insanity and confirmation that the law doesn't matter any longer.

NEW: Susan Collins told @NorahODonnell she believes the president has learned a "pretty big lesson" from robbing banks and will be "much more cautious" about robbing banks in the future.

Yes, this is why people don't take the impeachment whistleblower handwringing seriously.  The contempt people like you and Schiff have for a real one like Manning as she rots in prison.  They deserve this L.  
She’s not currently in prison for being a whistleblower. 

I don't have contempt for Chelsea Manning.  She did what she felt was right, and spoke truth to power.  There are consequences for breaking the law in doing so, however.  It's a sad tale.
Do you think that if the laws provided real protections for someone like her, she wouldn't have done that?  If she'd 'followed the law' probably none of it would have seen the light of day.  When you pose it as if she should have subjected herself to the whistleblowing meatgrinder to tell us the truth, that's not being an ally to whistleblowers.  

Might as well be.  They didn't convene a grand jury on her because she jaywalked.  And there's hardly a peep about it from the "whistleblower" crew.  

Do you think that if the laws provided real protections for someone like her, she wouldn't have done that?  If she'd 'followed the law' probably none of it would have seen the light of day.  When you pose it as if she should have subjected herself to the whistleblowing meatgrinder to tell us the truth, that's not being an ally to whistleblowers.  
So we should ignore what Rand Paul did because of Chelsea Manning?  He's the real jerkface here; let's not forget about that.

Might as well be.  They didn't convene a grand jury on her because she jaywalked.  And there's hardly a peep about it from the "whistleblower" crew.  
Eh this is about Schulte. I think I've posted about it in the WL thread. Do you care to talk about Schulte? Maybe an issue for a different thread, but Manning is waaayyyy past her WBer days now.

Eh this is about Schulte. I think I've posted about it in the WL thread. Do you care to talk about Schulte? Maybe an issue for a different thread, but Manning is waaayyyy past her WBer days now.
It is, but I can't imagine what they think Manning has to do with the Vault7 leaks.  It's about crucifying Assange.  Didn't know there was a moratorium on how long a whistleblower could be considered a whistleblower. 

I don’t understand why people think it’s OK to name the alleged whistleblower.  If find this incredibly scary. 

What will it take for people to understand that crazy people will do crazy things?  Does this kid need to die for people to take things like this seriously?  This isn’t a game. 

I’m just so ashamed.

I don’t understand why people think it’s OK to name the alleged whistleblower.  If find this incredibly scary. 

What will it take for people to understand that crazy people will do crazy things?  Does this kid need to die for people to take things like this seriously?  This isn’t a game

I’m just so ashamed.
I believe a lot of people think it is. Including Trump. 

Since October Trump has gone from 39% to 49% in the Gallup poll? That speaks volumes on how this charade went. 

You mean the crew who thinks even the President should have to respond to a subpoena and testify?

Where did I say that?  
You didn't, but then again I didn't see any comments from you commenting on Paul's actions, which are much more current and on topic than Manning's actions. Instead, you engaged in some whataboutism.

I take your silence and misdirection as cover for Paul's actions. 

Be like Chelsea Manning, and speak truth to power. Rand Paul's actions are deplorable. We should all codemn such acts and work towards getting a person like that out of the Senate.

It is, but I can't imagine what they think Manning has to do with the Vault7 leaks.  It's about crucifying Assange.  Didn't know there was a moratorium on how long a whistleblower could be considered a whistleblower. 
I take it DOJ has asked him about methods of transfer and how WL did things as a practical matter.

Maybe it’s about the whistle at issue. Manning outing Iraq war misdeeds was arguably whistleblowing, but Manning running interference for Schulte is not. Having said that it’s not clear to me why a person shouldn’t just be able to refuse to help an investigation if technically they didn’t have anything to do with the crime at hand. I’ll think on it.

You didn't, but then again I didn't see any comments from you commenting on Paul's actions, which are much more current and on topic than Manning's actions. Instead, you engaged in some whataboutism.

I take your silence and misdirection as cover for Paul's actions. 

Be like Chelsea Manning, and speak truth to power. Rand Paul's actions are deplorable. We should all codemn such acts and work towards getting a person like that out of the Senate.
Hold the phone.  Bradley Manning was outed.  He was ripped apart in mainstream media as a traitor to his country.  I remember.  What makes it permissible for the govt to out one but not the other?  Because they followed the official guidelines?  She's in prison today!  

I haven't seen any of Paul's conference on this, just read a blurb online.  Although if there was a plot to get the president impeached I think that is relevant information the public should know about.  I don't think the "abuse of power" the Trump whistleblower revealed was all that consequential really.  In fact I think this sort of power dynamic happens all the time in DC.  Doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it the impeachment crusade people tried to pretend it was either.  I know that's a controversial opinion around here. 

It's because I know people like Pelosi and Schiff will never in a million years have the moral courage to punish him for his serious crimes against humanity, rather than an inconsequential phone call, that they can not and will not present a serious opposition to what Trump represents.  When push comes to shove, they're on the take too.  

On a side, it's not really a whataboutism if Henry tags me in a conversation about whistleblowers.  We've talked about Manning & Ciaramella before.  Sometimes, "whataboutisms" are hypocritical deflections.  But other times they refer to important historical context.  Not a fan of dumbing down conversations this way.  

Hold the phone.  Bradley Manning was outed.  He was ripped apart in mainstream media as a traitor to his country.  I remember.  What makes it permissible for the govt to out one but not the other?  Because they followed the official guidelines?  He's in prison today!  

I haven't seen any of Paul's conference on this, just read a blurb online.  Although if there was a plot to get the president impeached I think that is relevant information the public should know about.  I don't think the "abuse of power" the Trump whistleblower revealed was all that consequential really.  In fact I think this sort of power dynamic happens all the time in DC.  Doesn't make it right, but it doesn't make it the impeachment crusade people tried to pretend it was either.  I know that's a controversial opinion around here. 

It's because I know people like Pelosi and Schiff will never in a million years have the moral courage to punish him for his serious crimes against humanity, rather than an inconsequential phone call, that they can not and will not present a serious opposition to what Trump represents.  When push comes to shove, they're on the take too.  

On a side, it's not really a whataboutism if Henry tags me in a conversation about whistleblowers.  We've talked about Manning & Ciaramella before.  Sometimes, "whataboutisms" are hypocritical deflections.  But other times they refer to important historical context.  Not a fan of dumbing down conversations this way.  
Because the law is only supposed to protect you if you follow the law. That’s what the law is. “If they do this, you can’t take any action against them.”

Can he be prosecuted for that? 

ETA

You know, before Trump, when laws mattered. 
No

because no matter what your TV tells you, there is no law that says you can’t utter the name of an alleged whistleblower or confirmed whistleblower or any such thing and even the notion is absurd.

Because the law is only supposed to protect you if you follow the law. That’s what the law is. “If they do this, you can’t take any action against them.”
The law should protect you when you do the right thing.  Not just when you follow the rules entrenched power has set to protect itself.  Overclassification, torture, war crimes etc.  Manning did the right thing and it ruined her life.  But she was a whistleblower through and through.  

Anyway.  It was a long time ago, but I don't remember anyone having a problem with her anonymity being discarded.  In fact you derided Assange as a liar for trying to protect his source during a CBS interview.  

I draw a line between Manning, who revealed information that was crucial to Americans understanding the true nature of the Iraq War, and Ciaramella, a CIA spook who hated Trump and possibly plotted to get him impeached.  The guy went back to work like he wasn't worried about nothing.  The phone call was pretty inconsequential stuff.  The whole thing has just felt like hyper partisanship and heavy breathing from the very beginning.  Democrats will probably regret assigning so much power and influence to Schiff and his cold war-addled nonsense.  

The law should protect you when you do the right thing.  Not just when you follow the rules entrenched power has set to protect itself.  Overclassification, torture, war crimes etc.  Manning did the right thing and it ruined her life.  But she was a whistleblower through and through.  

Anyway.  It was a long time ago, but I don't remember anyone having a problem with her anonymity being discarded.  In fact you derided Assange as a liar for trying to protect his source during a CBS interview.  

I draw a line between Manning, who revealed information that was crucial to Americans understanding the true nature of the Iraq War, and Ciaramella, a CIA spook who hated Trump and possibly plotted to get him impeached.  The guy went back to work like he wasn't worried about nothing.  The phone call was pretty inconsequential stuff.  The whole thing has just felt like hyper partisanship and heavy breathing from the very beginning.  Democrats will probably regret assigning so much power and influence to Schiff and his cold war-addled nonsense.  
Did I?

Regardless, if you don’t follow the laws put in place for this, it isn’t whistleblowing under the law. That’s how we differentiate it from espionage.

Did I?

Regardless, if you don’t follow the laws put in place for this, it isn’t whistleblowing under the law. That’s how we differentiate it from espionage.
Yep.  That's ok though.  

I think the law's kind of a joke on this one if it can't differentiate information in public interest from 'espionage.'  But I'll stop derailing here.  

No

because no matter what your TV tells you, there is no law that says you can’t utter the name of an alleged whistleblower or confirmed whistleblower or any such thing and even the notion is absurd.
The WB is supposed to be protected by law which is why I asked. You're correct though after doing some reading it isn't prosecutable.  I wouldn't say it's "absurd" though.  Do you it would be "absurd" if saw a drug kingpin murder people and you called the police to report it, it would be "absurd" to protect your identity from the murderer? 

GoBirds said:
Since October Trump has gone from 39% to 49% in the Gallup poll? That speaks volumes on how this charade went. 
It speaks volumes as to why the GOP fought tooth and nail to not allow the American people to hear witnesses.

Every single thing done in politics is partisan. Still doesn't excuse the cover-up and not allowing first-hand witnesses to speak. Trump got away with corruption. And the GOP got away with a cover-up. 
Everyone knew you would complain about something, no one is surprised by that or the result of the joke of an impeachment. Everyone knew the outcome day 1 and no one buys attempts like yours to create outrage over it....sorry. 

Susan Collins says that Trump has been punished by being impeached and that “he’s learned his lesson”. That’s a direct quote. 

What lesson has he learned? 

Users who are viewing this thread