What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (9 Viewers)

Sadly....none of this is going to matter.  Over half the country already believes that he should be punished in some way, but that doesn't matter at all...Senators don't care about that.  SIDES SIDES SIDES!!!!!

At best they'll get some good political ads out of it for 2022

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Sadly....none of this is going to matter.  Over half the country already believes that he should be punished in some way, but that doesn't matter at all...Senators don't care about that.  SIDES SIDES SIDES!!!!!

At best they'll get some good political ads out of it for 2022
This is where I’m at. We all know that Trump will be acquitted. But get these spineless and selfish Senators on record and on tape defending and refusing to hold him accountable. The historical record will not look kindly on these people. 

George Conway is making a great point that the Democrats are making the textual argument: this is what the Constitution says about impeachment. The Trump defense is going to have to create something in the Constitution which isn’t there, and Republican Senators will have to agree with that. 

This is where I’m at. We all know that Trump will be acquitted. But get these spineless and selfish Senators on record and on tape defending and refusing to hold him accountable. The historical record will not look kindly on these people. 
All they care about is holding onto their positions for as long as they can, none of them give a crap about how history will paint them, at least now they don't.   

All you have to do is look at the spinelessness of a Lindsay Graham or Kevin McCarthy to see that -- they've sold their souls to the likes of Donald J Trump because they think it is in their political interest to do so.

The House Managers were right to the point and immediately stated the facts and their arguments. This dude is doing everything he can to avoid getting to the point and hasn’t yet addressed a single specific question. 

what in the heck is this dude even talking about hell if this is what trump is paying the big bucks for they should have put the ole swcer up there and let me talk stupid swc thoughts for a couple of hours at least the nation would get a couple of brandy youtube videos out of it and that my friends would be a win take that to the bank brohans 

We can't bust heads like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

i hope he just starts doing a solo performance of hms pinofore with falsetto voices and all the songs that would be pretty cool take that to the bank brochachos 

George Conway is making a great point that the Democrats are making the textual argument: this is what the Constitution says about impeachment. The Trump defense is going to have to create something in the Constitution which isn’t there, and Republican Senators will have to agree with that. 
Eh, textualism is just a buzzword these days.

He actually just made a decent argument against the punishment that comes with impeachment. Unfortunately it’s not a legal argument. 

that was totally horrible i mean that just stunk that was literally the phamtom menace pod racing scene of impeachment arguments take that to the bank brohans

Why hire a real lawyer or introduce real arguments when the outcome is predetermined because the jury is in your pocket?
I just don’t get it. They see this mess and everything that’s resulted and think ‘let’s get some more of that’. There has to be hundreds of times that establishment GOP members wished they could have just prevented Trump from running. Now they have a real chance to do that and they’re just going to let it roll. I hate McConnell but view him as a master politician. Take the shot while you can.

He was better when he was rambling earlier. The issue isn’t so much that they are afraid of Trump in 2024 - it’s that he needs to be punished/disciplined for his actions post-election. 

Users who are viewing this thread