Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
snitwitch

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread***

14 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

Funniest part of all this is Trump doing this to himself to get dirt on Biden, who history has shown to be uniquely qualified to #### up his own Presidential campaigns. 

He just can't help himself. Pelosi and the squad where in a public catfight looking like stooges, when he had to take the spotlight back.   He get what he deserves.  

3 minutes ago, E Street Brat said:

He just can't help himself. Pelosi and the squad where in a public catfight looking like stooges, when he had to take the spotlight back.   He get what he deserves.  

It would be great but doubtful.

So lets fast forward, Trump gets impeached AND removed from office.  Pence assumes Presidency.  Who does he name as VP?  

1 hour ago, ren hoek said:

Even national security whistleblowers who rigorously follow protocol often undergo vicious legal and professional reprisal. In 2007, for instance, after four senior National Security Agency officials and a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence blew the whistle through official channels to the Defense Department inspector general about massive fraud and misconduct at the agency that they believed had facilitated the 9/11 attacks, officials at the inspector general’s office itself apparently identified them to the Department of Justice as potential leakers.

This revelation led to FBI raids of their homes at dawn, threats of criminal prosecution and the permanent end to five illustrious careers in public service. One of the five whistleblowers, Thomas Drake, was actually indicted on 10 criminal counts under laws including the Espio­nage Act, and was threatened with 35 years in prison after the FBI discovered documents in his home that they alleged were “highly classified.” (They were in fact unclassified documents that NSA officials retroactively pronounced as classified after they were seized from Drake.) The DOJ’s case was so feeble and overblown that it collapsed on the eve of trial, leading Judge Richard Bennett to condemn the prosecution’s treatment of Drake as “unconscionable.” “It is at the very root of what this country was founded on—against general warrants of the British,” Bennett exclaimed. “It was one of the most fundamental things in the Bill of Rights that this country was not to be exposed to people knocking on the door with government authority and coming into their homes.” Nevertheless, Drake lost his job and his security clearances, and became permanently unemployable in national defense.

We already know what happens- they get professionally blackballed, subjected to legal nightmares and have their lives ruined.  You don't need to wait for this CIA guy's story to play out to know that.  

No question there are huge problems with the whistleblower process and how whistleblowers are treated. 

Sadly, a huge, public insanity where a whistleblower does everything right and refuses to go away is the only way that will begin to change. 

12 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I can't help but wonder if Trump understands that when he leaves office, all the #### he did remains behind for the next President/administration to see.  I'm not sure he gets that.

maybe he's hoping there won't be a next President/administration.  half kidding :oldunsure:  

I got to think the plan at this point is to have someone rig the election for him and actually change some votes to make that happen.  I know these people aren't smart, but they can't really think they're going to win a free and fair election in 2020

2 minutes ago, jomar said:

maybe he's hoping there won't be a next President/administration.  half kidding :oldunsure:  

I got to think the plan at this point is to have someone rig the election for him and actually change some votes to make that happen.  I know these people aren't smart, but they can't really think they're going to win a free and fair election in 2020

I think Donald does. Because of the way he packs 'em in at the rallies.

Or maybe yard signs, I'm not sure.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

So lets fast forward, Trump gets impeached AND removed from office.  Pence assumes Presidency.  Who does he name as VP?  

Whoever says yes. Probably Newt. 

12 minutes ago, Mr. Know-It-All said:

Mother

• Laughing 2

Giuliani is just not a smart lawyer. I mean, I guess he was at one time, but he definitely isn't anymore. 

First, he tweets - 

Why does this text and date render the hearsay so-called whistleblower useless and not credible? If you get even one reason I might recommend you for Law School. Two and it’s LawReview. Answers later. Watch Laura at 10 pm.

--

That tweet included a copy of a text between him and Kurt Volker - the US Special Representative to Ukraine. So...

FOIA to State for U.S. Special Representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker’s text messages with President Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani. Giuliani asserted that a trail of such messages exists.

• Laughing 1

29 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

No question there are huge problems with the whistleblower process and how whistleblowers are treated. 

Sadly, a huge, public insanity where a whistleblower does everything right and refuses to go away is the only way that will begin to change. 

Yeah, I can see what you and SID are saying now.  In the meantime however, there ought to be a public interest defense of people who went outside the system because they felt it was the only tenable choice they could make.

I kid you not.  This afternoon, Limbaugh claimed that this is a plot to install Hillary.  It was kind of hard to follow his inane ramblings, but I think it goes like this:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  3. Pelosi names Hillary as VP
  4. Pelosi resigns.

He also seemed to propose that this was all a scheme to bring down Biden, but the Democrats couldn't do it becase they are all just as corrupt (or more) than Trump, who is the least corrupt president of our time.  not a single scandal coming from the Trump White House!

It's insane.

1 minute ago, ren hoek said:

Yeah, I can see what you and SID are saying now.  In the meantime however, there ought to be a public interest defense of people who went outside the system because they felt it was the only tenable choice they could make.

I agree. Unfortunately that defense would require that the person stay in this country and face the system. 

3 minutes ago, moleculo said:

I kid you not.  This afternoon, Limbaugh claimed that this is a plot to install Hillary.  It was kind of hard to follow his inane ramblings, but I think it goes like this:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  4. Pelosi resigns.

He also seemed to propose that this was all a scheme to bring down Biden, but the Democrats couldn't do it becase they are all just as corrupt (or more) than Trump, who is the least corrupt president of our time.  not a single scandal coming from the Trump White House!

It's insane.

Like a lot of conservative talk - he's preaching fear to rile the base.

Edited by The Dude

1 hour ago, TheMagus said:

Thank you. After reading that all in context it makes more sense. The State Dept wasn't asking Rudy to go to Ukraine and talk to people. They were trying to do damage control after his "diplomatic" missions. And Rudy is nuts. 

It's also worth noting that in the course of all this Trump fired (er, recalled) the US Ambassador to Ukraine, who, apparently, was not playing ball.

Trump never nominated a replacement, currently the US does not have an Ambassador to Ukraine.

5/7/19 Wapo

U.S. ambassador to Ukraine is recalled after becoming a political target

The Trump administration has recalled the U.S. ambassador to Ukraine abruptly and ahead of her scheduled departure, after she became a target of political attacks by conservative media outlets and Donald Trump Jr. Democrats see her early departure under pressure as the unfair targeting of a career Foreign Service officer by Team Trump.

According to an internal State Department management notice that I obtained, U.S. Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch will leave her post permanently on May 20, with no replacement in place and no nominations to fill that position. “We expect the Department to appoint a long-term Chargé d’Affaires to lead the mission until a new Chief of Mission is nominated and confirmed,” said the notice, which was sent to all mission personnel at the U.S. Embassy in Kiev. Incoming Deputy Chief of Mission Kristina Kvien plans to arrive in Kiev on May 28, and Joseph Pennington will continue to serve as chargé d’affaires and acting deputy chief through the transition period, the notice said.

A State Department spokesman told me, “Yovanovitch is concluding her three-year diplomatic assignment in Kiev in 2019 as planned.” One senior administration official told me that she had been previously scheduled to depart at the beginning of July and that her new May departure was a change in that plan. Another administration official said that Yovanovitch was given a choice whether to stay until July or leave early and she chose to leave early, due to the ongoing political attacks. Yovanovitch did not respond to a direct request for comment.

“Her confirmed departure date in May aligns with the presidential transition in Ukraine,” the State Department spokesperson said. The senior administration official told me that’s true but irrelevant because the State Department doesn’t rotate ambassadors to align with political transitions in host countries.

The House Democratic leadership thinks that Yovanovitch’s early departure under pressure is a clear sign that the White House is responding to calls from Trump allies, Trump family members and conservative media sites that have accused Yovanovitch, without firm evidence, of being part of a conspiracy that involves anti-corruption probes in Ukraine and efforts by the Trump team to investigate ties between Ukrainian officials and the Hillary Clinton campaign.

“Ambassador Yovanovitch is a dedicated public servant and a diplomat of the highest caliber who has represented the United States under both Republican and Democratic administrations. The White House’s outrageous decision to recall her is a political hit job and the latest in this Administration’s campaign against career State Department personnel,” said a statement released Tuesday morning by House Majority Leader Steny H. Hoyer (D-Md.) and House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot L. Engel (D-N.Y.). “It’s clear that this decision was politically motivated, as allies of President Trump had joined foreign actors in lobbying for the Ambassador’s dismissal.”

On March 24, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted that Yovanovitch was a “joker,” and he linked to an article in the Daily Wire headlined “Calls Grow To Remove Obama’s U.S. Ambassador To Ukraine.” That article is a roundup of conservative media figures leveling thinly sourced allegations against Yovanovitch on Fox News. Former federal prosecutor Joe diGenova said on Fox that she had “bad mouthed the President of the United States to Ukrainian officials.” Fox News’ Laura Ingraham reported that former congressmen Pete Sessions (R-Tex.) wrote to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to say that Yovanovitch “reportedly demonstrated clear anti-Trump bias.”

Four days before Don Jr.’s tweet, the Hill’s John Solomon published an interview with Ukrainian Prosecutor General Yuriy Lutsenko, who alleged that Yovanovitch had given him a “do not prosecute list,” ostensibly to protect Obama-Clinton allies, back in 2016. The State Department told Solomon that that allegation was “an outright fabrication.”

Lutsenko also told Solomon that he would open up an investigation into allegations that the Ukrainian government helped the Clinton campaign in 2016, perhaps by providing information on corrupt payments from the administration of then-President Viktor Yanukovych to former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort.

Last week, the New York Times reported that Lutsenko has met with President Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani multiple times in New York this year. Lutsenko also told Solomon that he was reopening an investigation into Burisma Holdings, an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch that for a time had Hunter Biden, son of Joe Biden, on its board.

Solomon wrote a column on April 1 drawing connections between Biden’s work to fight corruption in Ukraine as vice president and his son’s interest in Burisma. The allegation is that Biden pressured Kiev to fire Lutsenko’s predecessor in an effort to stop the Burisma probe. Initially, Lutsenko had cleared Burisma of any wrongdoing, but he told Solomon that he had reopened the investigation.

The Times also reported that the case had been reopened. “Some see [Lutsenko’s] decision as an effort to curry favor with the Trump administration,” the Times reported. On Tuesday, Bloomberg quoted Lutsenko’s own spokesperson saying that the case had not been reopened.

Biden has said he never discussed Burisma or his son’s business with Ukrainian officials. Bloomberg also reported that the case against Burisma had been shelved at least a year before Biden called for the firing of the general prosecutor at the time, which undermines the theory that he was trying to influence that investigation. The Biden campaign declined to comment. Trump campaign spokeswoman Erin Perrine doubled down on the accusation that Biden tried to intervene in Ukraine on behalf of his son and Burisma, sending me a statement Tuesday accusing Biden of “blackmailing a foreign government to drop an investigation.”

As for Ambassador Yovanovitch, several officials told me that she was indeed involved in and strongly supportive of Ukraine’s anti-corruption efforts. But there’s no public evidence that she was directly involved in anything related to Burisma, Manafort or providing information to the Clinton campaign that would help it against the Trump campaign.

The clear and coordinated effort to smear a sitting U.S. ambassador has now resulted in her early departure under attack after 33 years of service to administrations in both parties. But that’s just the beginning of the larger effort to create a cacophony of allegations by the Trump team and its allies to highlight Ukraine to attack Biden, help Manafort and re-litigate the 2016 election.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

No, Maguire was pressed repeatedly by Schiff and he said he couldn't verify anything because it is an allegation.  He also proved he acted correctly and it went through the proper channels.

You're saying that Maguire didn't say that the IG determined the complaint was credible?

2 hours ago, Don't Noonan said:

No, Maguire was pressed repeatedly by Schiff and he said he couldn't verify anything because it is an allegation.  He also proved he acted correctly and it went through the proper channels.

But you told the prior poster that he was wrong for saying that Maguire said the IG found it credible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How many press briefings have there been since July 25th?

2 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Never said that

See post above which was meant to be in response to this statement. 

4 minutes ago, BroadwayG said:

How many press briefings have there been since July 25th?

None. I think it's been 200 days or something like that. The White House communications and pres secretary office has been effectively eliminated.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, moleculo said:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  4. Pelosi resigns.

It's insane.

You don't say?

26 minutes ago, moleculo said:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  4. Pelosi resigns.

It's insane.

Taking 27 Oxy makes you say crazy things.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Like a lot of conservative talk - he's preaching fear to rile the base.

He’s a radio guy, they all know you play the hits!

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

10 minutes ago, Zow said:

See post above which was meant to be in response to this statement. 

Perjury trap!

"I think it was raining that day."

28 minutes ago, Zow said:

But you told the prior poster that he was wrong for saying that Maguire said the IG found it credible. 

No, I told Saints he was wrong to conclude that the IG saying he found it credible to mean the whistle blower accusation is valid.  We have no idea how accurate it is and it was clearly written by someone who didn't have first hand knowledge of events.  It is 100% hearsay.

1 minute ago, Don't Noonan said:

No, I told Saints he was wrong to conclude that the IG saying he found it credible to mean the whistle blower accusation is valid.  We have no idea how accurate it is and it was clearly written by someone who didn't have first hand knowledge of events.  It is 100% hearsay.

We have a decent idea - considering the WH has confirmed large parts of it.

But I agree - more investigation is needed. Thank goodness Pelosi finally started moving forward with this, eh?

• Like 1

Just now, whoknew said:

We have a decent idea - considering the WH has confirmed large parts of it.

But I agree - more investigation is needed. Thank goodness Pelosi finally started moving forward with this, eh?

She should have looked for rocks before she jumped head first in the shallow creek IMO.

9 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

Technically I referred to both the IG *and the DNI reaching that conclusion.

1 hour ago, moleculo said:

1. Impeach Trump.
  2. impeach Pence.
  4. Pelosi resigns.

It's insane.

Fairly sure if you replace Hillary with Greta Thunberg (and add that she will be given immediate citizenship, age waiver and all other presidential requirements waived) you (or Rush) is on to something big.

Pompeo subpoenaed by House committees for failure to produce Ukraine documents

(CNN)The chairmen of three House committees subpoenaed Secretary of State Mike Pompeo Friday over his failure to produce answers about Ukraine.

"Pursuant to the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry, we are hereby transmitting a subpoena that compels you to produce the documents set forth in the accompanying schedule by October 4, 2019," the chairmen of the House Foreign Affairs, Intelligence and Oversight committees wrote in a letter to Pompeo.

In addition to the subpoena, Reps. Adam Schiff, Eliot Engel and Elijah Cummings informed the top US diplomat in a separate letter that they had deposed five State Department officials who have been mentioned in relation to the inquiry -- Ambassador Marie "Masha" Yovanovitch, Ambassador Kurt Volker, Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent, Counselor T. Ulrich Brechbuhl and Ambassador Gordon Sondland.

The chairman of the three committees wrote to Pompeo on September 9 with a request for six categories of documents "related to reported efforts by President Trump and his associates to improperly pressure the Ukrainian government to assist the President's bid for reelection."

That initial letter requested these materials by September 16. After that deadline was missed, Schiff, Engel and Cummings sent another letter on Monday warning that unless the documents were handed over, "our Committees will have no choice but to move towards compulsory process this week."

The State Department had until Thursday to reply.

Pompeo has not publicly addressed the State Department's role in Rudy Giuliani's dealings with Ukraine and the State Department has not responded to numerous requests for comment about the situation.

This story is breaking and will be updated.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, The General said:

He’s a radio guy, they all know you play the hits!

I’m pretty convinced that Rush didn’t believe a damn thing he said for the first 15 years or so. Eventually, a bunch of lawmakers and lobbyists are kissing your ### at The Caucus Room every Thursday and you start to believe your own bull####. 

2 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

President Pence takes the oath of office wearing a Doug Christie Jersey. 

So hot

15 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

No quid pro quo

Ukrainians weren't made aware that the assistance was being delayed/reviewed until more than one month after the call.

This disproves the quid pro quo angle

In the call just before the ‘do me a favor’ line, Trump confirms the money is on the way, right?

eta - am I misremembering this?

Zelensky: “We are almost ready to buy more Javelins from the United States for defense purposes.”

Trump: “I would like you to do us a favor though...”

And then Trump launches into the server, investigate the Bidens, etc.

eta2 - Link.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

5 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

No quid pro quo

Ukrainians weren't made aware that the assistance was being delayed/reviewed until more than one month after the call.

"Why would the $400 million in withheld critically-needed military aid not be the top priority of the call?"

Maybe we should get the full transcript instead of the WH approved summary? Ya know, the one they locked away in the double-top-secret server.

Edited by Amused to Death

29 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

She should have looked for rocks before she jumped head first in the shallow creek IMO.

I think Nancy can take care of herself. She just might have some knowledge in her back pocket that you don’t. 

37 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

No quid pro quo

Did they know they hadn't received it yet?

Did they know they were talking to the guy who:
1. could prevent them from getting it;
2. claims to be great friends with one of their biggest enemies;
3. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Paris Accord agreement;
4. unilaterally pulled his country out of the Iran agreement;
5. unilaterally torpedoed his country's participation in TPP;
6. unilaterally decided he could budget money to building a wall even if Congress wouldn't approve it; and
7. has a history over his entire life of reneging on agreements and not giving people the money promised to them?

Did they know that 2 +2 = 4 (even if the guy they were talking to can't make that calculation)?

Edited by apalmer
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Don't Noonan said:

No quid pro quo

Now this witch unt can maybe end.  It's doing nothing but hurting the country and serves as a huge distraction.  Not that Pelosi cares about anything except taking Trump down (and now  Pence too... hmmmmm... wonder why she might want to take both of them down).  Now lets demand transcripts of every call over the past month between Schiff, Pelosi and everyone else involved in the witch hunt.  Will no doubt turn up some interesting things.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

Just now, butcher boy said:

Now this witch unt can maybe end.  It's doing nothing but hurting the country and serves as a huge distraction.  Not that Pelosi cares about anything except taking Trump down (and now  Pence too... hmmmmm... wonder why she might want to take both of them down).  Now lets demand transcripts of every call over the past month between Schiff, Pelosi and everyone else involved in the witch hunt.  Will no doubt turn up some interesting things.  

Say what now?  Why would that tweet end anything?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, butcher boy said:

Now lets demand transcripts of every call over the past month between Schiff, Pelosi and everyone else involved in the witch hunt. 

Constitution’s speech & debate clause prevents this, amigo.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1