What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (7 Viewers)

When is the next potential government shutdown? Do these impeachment proceedings do anything to hinder his ability to veto that shutdown?

I have a concern, depending on how things progress over the next couple of months, to hold the country hostage. 

If you're a government worker, plan accordingly. 

The Washington Post  @washingtonpost

Trump says he raised Hunter Biden allegations with his China go-between

If it worked with Russia, was working with Ukraine, why not cast the net a little wider.

When you wonder why we can't get gun legislation:

"Trump met with Wayne LaPierre and asked if the NRA would finance his impeachment defense. LaPierre said he would if Trump promised not to pursue any gun legislation."
This morning he said the democrats won't work with him to pass gun legislation. 

To me the most ironic thing about all of this is that he may go down here because of his obsession with conspiracy theories. 

The first time I was ever aware of Donald Trump, in terms of politics, was when he was pushing the Birther stuff. I thought to myself, what a crackpot. And then in 2015 when he was leading in the Republican polls I kept thinking, as soon as they focus on this guy’s crackpot conspiracy theories that will be end of him. But conservatives seemed to love the nationalist and nativist stuff so much that they didn’t even care. 

And now to think that after all this time, he becomes obsessed with a couple of crackpot conspiracy theories (the Crowdstrike nonsense and Hunter Biden) and he may be removed for trying to chase them down. Unreal. 

To me the most ironic thing about all of this is that he may go down here because of his obsession with conspiracy theories. 

The first time I was ever aware of Donald Trump, in terms of politics, was when he was pushing the Birther stuff. I thought to myself, what a crackpot. And then in 2015 when he was leading in the Republican polls I kept thinking, as soon as they focus on this guy’s crackpot conspiracy theories that will be end of him. But conservatives seemed to love the nationalist and nativist stuff so much that they didn’t even care. 

And now to think that after all this time, he becomes obsessed with a couple of crackpot conspiracy theories (the Crowdstrike nonsense and Hunter Biden) and he may be removed for trying to chase them down. Unreal. 
Yeah, well, don't play poker with them. They get royal flush like every hand. 

The Washington Post  @washingtonpost

Trump says he raised Hunter Biden allegations with his China go-between

If it worked with Russia, was working with Ukraine, why not cast the net a little wider.
These guys probably just finished looking for Obama’s long form birth certificate. Gotta be tired.

File this under WTF?  

First on @ABC

: AG Barr has been on official travel in Italy for the past two days, during a week where he has faced intensifying scrutiny over his role in how the DOJ handled the IC's whistleblower complaint. It's unclear why the trip was only just revealed. w/@jonkarl

File this under WTF?  

First on @ABC

: AG Barr has been on official travel in Italy for the past two days, during a week where he has faced intensifying scrutiny over his role in how the DOJ handled the IC's whistleblower complaint. It's unclear why the trip was only just revealed. w/@jonkarl
Trump...Bill, we need you to come on back, they know everything.

Barr...nah, im good here. Ciaó

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure there's enough room between this and Treason to slip a short legalese document between them, but WTF?

President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the U.S. election because the United States did the same in other countries, an assertion that prompted alarmed White House officials to limit access to the remarks to an unusually small number of people, according to three former officials with knowledge of the matter.

The comments, which have not been previously reported, were part of a now-infamous meeting with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, in which Trump revealed highly classified information that exposed a source of intelligence on the Islamic State. He also said during the meeting that firing FBI Director James B. Comey the day before had relieved “great pressure” on him.

A memorandum summarizing the meeting was limited to all but a few officials with the highest security clearances in an attempt to keep the president’s comments from being disclosed publicly, according to the former officials, who requested anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.

File this under WTF?  

First on @ABC

I suspect getting loaded was at the front of the agenda.

SaintsInDome2006 said:
Ambassador Volker was accompanied in his meetings by U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland. Based on multiple readouts of these meetings recounted to me by various U.S. officials, Ambassadors Volker and Sondland reportedly provided advice to the Ukrainian leadership about how to “navigate” the demands that the President had made of Mr. Zelenskyy.
Volker just resigned.

Haven’t you said most of your predictions are wrong?
Yep. I would never have predicted a week ago that we would be in the situation we are. 

Never mind that; what do YOU predict is going to happen, John? Not what you want to happen; how do you think this is going to play out? 

:hifive:

most don't pay attention and i don't except them to. still have a friend with the company that supports that environment after all this time. 
Oh I pay attention but have been reading so much in so many places the past couple of days everything is kind of mushed together. A stable genius I am not. 

Post for the 2:00 am readers, let's create a Trump impeachment inquiry playlist.
Someone else can handle E-Z:

• Eagles:  (I'm) Already Gone
  • Hole:  Awful
  • Pink Floyd:  Brain Damage
  • Boz Scaggs:  Breakdown Dead Ahead
  • Living Color:  Cult of Personality
  • XTC:  Dear Madame Barnum (I resign as clown)
  • Steve Earle:  The Devil's Right Hand
  • Dada:  Dim
  • Tom Petty:  Dogs on the Run
  • Tom Petty:  Don't Come 'Round Here No More
  • U2:  Drowning Man
  • Paul Kelly:  (I've done all the) Dumb Things
  • Nivrana:  Dumb

Someone else can handle E-Z:

• Eagles:  (I'm) Already Gone
  • Hole:  Awful
  • Pink Floyd:  Brain Damage
  • Boz Scaggs:  Breakdown Dead Ahead
  • Living Color:  Cult of Personality
  • XTC:  Dear Madame Barnum (I resign as clown)
  • Steve Earle:  The Devil's Right Hand
  • Dada:  Dim
  • Tom Petty:  Dogs on the Run
  • Tom Petty:  Don't Come 'Round Here No More
  • U2:  Drowning Man
  • Paul Kelly:  (I've done all the) Dumb Things
  • Nivrana:  Dumb
Rolling Stones - ya can’t always get what you want

Users who are viewing this thread