What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Donald J. Trump Impeachment (Whistleblower) Thread*** (6 Viewers)

Watching Schiff and his questions to Macguire again, they were glorious and revealing. So exposing.  🎯

That's why Fox-talk went into defcon-5 propaganda mode.  So very well done indeed.

Trying to figure out why Trump fired Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch this year and why Trump’s envoy to the Ukraine, Kurt Volker upon the release of the whistleblower blower complaint and Volker getting subpoenaed to testify, decided to resign. No matter how you look at it I can’t see any positive spin for Team Trump on this

Last edited by a moderator:
1 🤣 Don't Noonan reacted to this

Sources with ties to (Kurt) Volkers immediate family confirmed that the former U.S. Ambassador to NATO began writing his resignation moments after watching acting Director of National Intelligence Joseph McGuires testimony about a whistle-blower on Capitol Hill. Of particular regard were his distressing answers to Representative Adam Schiff. Volker had previously had a meeting with the former DNI who resigned just days after their discussion that centered on the topic of a whistle-blower.

Link?  I said some folks, not me.  I am still waiting to see proof on both Ukrainegate and Fisagate.
What more do you need to see?  Is not the transcript (provided by the White House, no less) enough?  The one where Trump ties military aide with investigating a political rival?  

How can "I need a favor though" possibly mean anything other than quid pro quo?

It's clear as day.

So whatever happened to the Horowitz IG report? I know it was completed 2 weeks ago. I thought it was supposed to blow the socks off Washington, get a lot of Democrats in hot water. 
Holding it for this...to distract.  Because its really nothing and will only try to be spun as so bad for everyone else....like everything else .

Jeff Flake and Mike Pence used to be BFF. I’m guessing not so much anymore...
Pence becomes President, if only for a short period of time, if Trump resigns or is removed. I think you might be overestimating Pence’s opposition to Republicans who might support impeachment. 

What more do you need to see?  Is not the transcript (provided by the White House, no less) enough?  The one where Trump ties military aide with investigating a political rival?  

It's clear as day.
Some people will only see what they want to see.

It's clear as day.
Why do you people keep reading so much into this quote “I need a favor, though”. Good Lord, you act like Trump wanted him to renew an investigation of his political opponent or something!

See, what you Trumpophiles (apparently still) fail to grasp is that when the President straight-up brags about manipulating foreign policy for his own personal gain, how can you ever be sure why he does anything? To unquestioningly assume something "is being done to help us long term" is hopelessly, dangerously naive. Remember that meeting with the Russian Ambassador way back in 2017 when he kicked out all the American reporters? We already knew he bragged about firing Comey and gave them highly-classified info (yes I know he can declassify anything he wants, the question is why), now we find out he also said their meddling in the election didn't bother him a bit ha ha ha.. Yes, that very same meddling that he's steadfastly denied ever happening until this week was just another lie tailored just for you, @Don't Noonan.

Of course, anyone who expressed alarm at his canoodling with the enemy at the time was called a snowflake with Trump Derangement Syndrome making a big deal out of a nothing burger because Hillary lost the election, right?

Riddle me this, If Trump knew the Russians had meddled in the election all along (as anyone with a brain concluded long ago), why did he (and does he) express doubt about Russia's involvement, most notably while standing right next to Putin in Helsinki? Was that "being done to help us long term?" Yet again, you and your band of America-Firsters laughed and mocked anyone who felt concerned, even after he kicked everyone out of the room to meet with Putin alone for two hours, which in and of itself a serious breech of protocol (for reasons that should now be obvious). 

You just now tried to pass off the ol' nothing burger "insult" again, repeating the well-worn Republican meme that Democrats should be ashamed of the Russia investigation, something that you'd like everyone to believe turned out to be nothing. It only turned into "nothing" because you and your ilk refused to take any of it seriously and aided and abetted Trump's attempts to lie and smear his way out of it. Congrats on helping a traitor get off so he could continue damaging the country, I guess. 

Did you miss the part in the (Trump-approved version of the) Ukrainian call where he laughed and boasted about his ability to act with impunity now that the Russia investigation was over? And how, now emboldened, he was free to use all the powers of the Executive to rig the next election as well? He even asked for emails again. Right in front of your face.  Collusion in the flesh (though I'm sure you'll still deny it).

Right next to the unedited Ukrainian transcript on the tippy-top secret server sit Volumes II and III: Vladimir and Saudi Arabia (and god knows what else). Which is more likely: Trump lifting Russian sanctions and excusing the murder of a journalist out of his sincere and long-held passion for rooting out corruption, or simply him getting paid?

I'd suggest toning down the nothing burger language for a bit. You're only insulting yourself.
Wonderfully, succinctly, and eloquently put.  I will be quoting and paraphrasing this throughout the weekend to friends and family who are interested in understanding why this is such a big deal.  Thank you!

The Dems are losing sight of the American people and what they want, that's why.  They would much rather Congress accomplish something than waste their time with Trump.  Currently, they've accomplished NOTHING!!!
The "Dems" have passed a number of important bills.  Too bad they've been stalled by the Republican Senate or vetoed. Isn't it strange that the same people criticizing Congress for not accomplishing anything are the same ones who criticized Obama for not being able to get anything through Congress?

Congress has passed a number of important bills.  Too bad they've been vetoed. Isn't it strange that the same people criticizing Congress for not accomplishing anything are the same ones who criticized Obama for not being able to get anything through Congress?
The Senate specifically hasn’t done anything. Didn’t the House pass some gun reform awhile ago and the Senate hasn’t even put it up to vote. I’ve avoided this forum for quite a bit but I needed to come just for a minute, just for the small ray of light that we might be on the verge of getting rid of this corrupt swindler President. He’s a stain on humanity. 

Pence becomes President, if only for a short period of time, if Trump resigns or is removed. I think you might be overestimating Pence’s opposition to Republicans who might support impeachment. 
Given President Trump’s obsessive suspicion and paranoia, how long before he starts to wonder about this? 

I think it remains to be seen how complicit Pence is/was in this whole deal.

Congress has passed a number of important bills.  Too bad they've been vetoed. Isn't it strange that the same people criticizing Congress for not accomplishing anything are the same ones who criticized Obama for not being able to get anything through Congress?
Yeah it's quite the scam the Republicans have going on there. The house passes a bill, the Senate sets on it, then the president gets on Twitter screaming "Do nothing Democrats". 

The Senate specifically hasn’t done anything. Didn’t the House pass some gun reform awhile ago and the Senate hasn’t even put it up to vote. 
It is extremely important, for the sake of the 2020 elections, that the Democrats continue to stress this point and not allow the Republicans to make the argument which they’re already trying to: “All the Democrats care about is impeaching Trump; they’re not getting anything done for you.” This argument is the single biggest threat to the Democratic Party and the GOP knows it. 

If I were the DNC I would make a commercial right now and run it several times a day: “On February 7, House Democrats passed this bill on reducing drug prices. It now sits on Mitch McConnell’s desk. On March 18, House Democrats passed this bill on background checks, It now sits on Mitch McConnell’s desk.” Etc. Over and over, I would flood the public with this message until I’m sure they get it. 

It is extremely important, for the sake of the 2020 elections, that the Democrats continue to stress this point and not allow the Republicans to make the argument which they’re already trying to: “All the Democrats care about is impeaching Trump; they’re not getting anything done for you.” This argument is the single biggest threat to the Democratic Party and the GOP knows it. 

If I were the DNC I would make a commercial right now and run it several times a day: “On February 7, House Democrats passed this bill on reducing drug prices. It now sits on Mitch McConnell’s desk. On March 18, House Democrats passed this bill on background checks, It now sits on Mitch McConnell’s desk.” Etc. Over and over, I would flood the public with this message until I’m sure they get it. 
Plenty of time for that. By the 2020 election there will probably be over 200 Bill's setting on Mitch's desk.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
There’s not plenty of time.
The election is over a year away. There are 2 post from Trump supporters here claiming they don't pay any attention to what the president says on a daily basis. I would imagine there are millions like that. No need to overload the general public with daily information until the Democrats have a candidate. 

Senator Flake says that if voting were done by secret ballot, there’d already be 35 Republican Senators who’d vote to convict on impeachment charges.
We were talking about this 36 pages ago.  😉

Pretty Interesting claim by Flake.  I don't think he's bs-ing.  I've heard some rumors Ron Johnson has been pushing back on trump behind closed doors.
If true, all the more reason to make sure NONE of those cowards are afforded the privilege of representing us in Congress ever again.  I REALLY hope this is pounded home during the election cycle and Senators up for reelection are asked point blank about this.  I won't happen, but it's my hope.

My favorite part of this whole thing is that Trump, the GOP, Fox, and all their supporters in this forum have made a dangerous tactical decision. They fought the wrong battle and painted themselves into a corner. Because the only thing they keep saying is “this is all hearsay; they’re just allegations; all third party accounts.”

That’s a really neat defense right up until the point when more evidence and testimony and recordings come out of all this. It instantly melts away, and you’re left with nothing. 

So, keep committing hard to that position. We’ll keep giving them rope. And the whole lot will hang themselves with it. 

Chess is a hard game when you’re only thinking one move ahead. 
Since when are they worried about sticking to a position? "Hearsay" is the defense of the moment. When that disappears, it will be "Fake News, never happened". When that disappears, it will be "It's not a crime, there's nothing wrong with what he did". When that disappears, it will be "Obama! Emails! Benghazi!" Rinse and repeat.

Since when are they worried about sticking to a position? "Hearsay" is the defense of the moment. When that disappears, it will be "Fake News, never happened". When that disappears, it will be "It's not a crime, there's nothing wrong with what he did". When that disappears, it will be "Obama! Emails! Benghazi!" Rinse and repeat.
Or they'll just call direct eyewitness testimony "hearsay" the way they did with Dr. Blasey Ford.  We're not sending our best and brightest to Fox News for legal analysis.

I think it remains to be seen how complicit Pence is/was in this whole deal.
And this is completely by design.  Team Pence thinks he can really be President.  I am willing to bet NONE of the Trump supporters knows anything meaningful about Pence, how he got to where he is and what his track record is to this point.  I know I couldn't have until a few days ago.  I didn't realize how inept he was at governing until looking at his history and I wouldn't have done that had I not heard the Fresh Air episode on him.  Turns out there are several things on the internet about Pence.  My worst case scenario was one where an inept Trump would be removed and replaced with a competent Pence who'd actually understand the process and be able to get things done politically.  That's no longer a concern.  He really is a one issue guy and that issue is abortion.  That's it...that's all he's about.  He has no real positions on economics, healthcare or foreign relations.  He's basically Trump politically only Trump's position is "immigration" aka hating black/brown people.  

Anyone who says they'd really look forward to Pence stepping up, I'd like to ask if you're even aware of his positions, or lack thereof?

Said this months ago in this very forum.  It's a cheap and easy commercial to make and easy to alter as they list continues to grow.  Only I took it a step further and say it needed to start in Kentucky and Ohio before anywhere else.

You might have to start the commercial with a quick explanation that “in order for a bill to become law, it needs to be passed by both the House AND the Senate.” A lot of these voters have never seen Schoolhouse Rock. 
I'm still waiting on them to finally get rid of the time change twice a year. You guys know that's just over a month out now? Florida voted to remain on daylight savings time last year, nothing has been done in Congress about it.

The election is over a year away. There are 2 post from Trump supporters here claiming they don't pay any attention to what the president says on a daily basis. I would imagine there are millions like that. No need to overload the general public with daily information until the Democrats have a candidate. 
This particular message isn't specific to an individual (unless you want to call out McConnell).  It's a message about the brokenness in our system and I think the more that point is brought up when we see obvious points of brokenness the better.  

I would guess that the US House of Representatives have been plenty busy, and passed a ton of stuff.  The republican controlled senate has refused to act.  So trump hasn't needed to veto.
What has Congress passed of any significance in the last year?

"You should check Pence's phone conversations too".
Knowing Trump, he probably got Pence involved to try and save himself. There’s quite a difference between President Pence and President Pelosi. It will be nearly impossible for any Republican in the Senate to vote for removal if Pence is guilty of the same crimes and would also need to be removed.

What has Congress passed of any significance in the last year?
Health care

HR 259 — Medicaid Extenders Act of 2019

House Resolution 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care

HR 986 — Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act of 2019

HR 987 — Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act

HR 1520, the Purple Book Continuity Act (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)

HR 1503, the Orange Book Transparency Act of 2019 (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)

Civil rights

HR 1 — For the People Act of 2019

HR 5 — Equality Act

HR 7 — Paycheck Fairness Act

HR 124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals

Gun control

HR 8 — Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019

HR 1112 — Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019

Environment

HR 9 — Climate Action Now Act

HR 1331 — Local Water Protection Act

S 47 — National Resources Management Act

HR 2578 — National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019

Military/foreign affairs

HR 840 — Veterans’ Access to Child Care Act

HJ Res. 37 — Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress

SJ Res. 7 — To direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yementhat have not been authorized by Congress

HR 31 — Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2019

HJ Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation

Mueller report

H.Con.Res. 24 — Expressing the sense of Congress that the report of Special Counsel Mueller should be made available to the public and to Congress.

Other legislation

HR 1585 — Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019

HR 1500 — Consumers First Act

HR 1994 — SECURE Act

HR 1644 — Save the Internet Act of 2019

HR 2157 — Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 269 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019

HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Program Extension Act

S 24 — Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019

HR 430 — TANF Extension Act of 2019

Concurring in the Senate Amendments to HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard Program Extension Act

HR 790 — Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act of 2019

HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019

H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended

H Res. 194 — Rule Providing for Consideration of H.R. 1644 and H.R. 2021

HR 2480 — Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act

HR 375 — To amend the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes (also known as the “Carcieri Fix”)

Votes to end the government shutdown

HR 21 — Making appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019, and for other purposes

HJ Res. 1 — Making further continuing appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019, and for other purposes

HR 265 — Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 267 — Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 266 — Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 268 — Disaster Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019 (Disaster Supplemental and short-term continuing resolution through Feb. 😎

HR 264 — Financial Services and General Government Appropriations Act

HJ Res. 28 — Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019 (Short-term continuing resolution through Feb. 28)

HR 648 — Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2019 (Six conferenced bills minibus)

HJ Res. 31 — Making further continuing appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019 (Short-term homeland continuing resolution through Feb. 28)

Conference Report to Accompany HJ Res 31 – Making consolidated appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019, and for other purposes

This particular message isn't specific to an individual (unless you want to call out McConnell).  It's a message about the brokenness in our system and I think the more that point is brought up when we see obvious points of brokenness the better.  
Especially with POTUS tweeting constantly that the democrats do nothing.

Health care

House Resolution 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care

HR 1520, the Purple Book Continuity Act (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)

HR 1503, the Orange Book Transparency Act of 2019 (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)

Civil rights

HR 5 — Equality Act

HR 124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals

Gun control

Environment

HR 9 — Climate Action Now Act

Military/foreign affairs

HJ Res. 37 — Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress

SJ Res. 7 — To direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yementhat have not been authorized by Congress

HJ Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation

Mueller report

H.Con.Res. 24 — Expressing the sense of Congress that the report of Special Counsel Mueller should be made available to the public and to Congress.

Other legislation

HR 1994 — SECURE Act

HR 269 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019

Concurring in the Senate Amendments to HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard Program Extension Act

HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019

H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended

HR 375 — To amend the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes (also known as the “Carcieri Fix”)

HR 21 — Making appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019, and for other purposes

HJ Res. 1 — Making further continuing appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019, and for other purposes

HR 265 — Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 267 — Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 266 — Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2019

HR 268 — Disaster Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019 (Disaster Supplemental and short-term continuing resolution through Feb. 😎

HJ Res. 28 — Further Additional Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019 (Short-term continuing resolution through Feb. 28)

HJ Res. 31 — Making further continuing appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for fiscal year 2019 (Short-term homeland continuing resolution through Feb. 28)

Conference Report to Accompany HJ Res 31 – Making consolidated appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019, and for other purposes
Its been brought up...one of the last tomes the complaint was they didn't want to talk about it in the MAGA thread...so the McConnell thread was bumped and still nothing.

Health care

Civil rights --------------  What did they pass?

HR 5 — Equality Act

Gun control  ------------------  What did they pass?

Environment --------------  What did they pass?

HR 9 — Climate Action Now Act --------------  What did they pass?

Military/foreign affairs

Mueller report ---------------  What did they pass?

Other legislation --------------  What did they pass?

HR 1994 — SECURE Act

I started marking in red and then realized I could probably do this for all of them.  It's not what did they pass but also signed into law.   I like HR 987 about prescription drug cost.  Did they actually pass it?  986 too.

That’s a really good idea. 

I started marking in red and then realized I could probably do this for all of them.  It's not what did they propose, but what did they PASS.  I like HR 987 about prescription drug cost.  Did they actually pass it?
Ummm- I’m assuming that’s a list of bills that have been passed? 

I started marking in red and then realized I could probably do this for all of them.  It's not what did they propose, but what did they PASS.  I like HR 987 about prescription drug cost.  Did they actually pass it?
Nothing is getting passed on to the president because Mitch McConnell  is refusing to let the Senate vote on them.

I believe those are all bills passed by the House that McConnell is blocking from even being discussed in the Senate.

Ummm- I’m assuming that’s a list of bills that have been passed? 
Some seem vague, like gun control or civil rights.  I wasn't aware of any gun legislation signed into law.  Perhaps I should have clarified it as "signed into law".

Some seem vague, like gun control or civil rights.  I wasn't aware of any gun legislation signed into law.  Perhaps I should have clarified it as "signed into law".
The point was passed by the house. All those things with HR...that Mitch wont take up. The “vague” things were tue category headings for each group of bills.

Users who are viewing this thread