What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

QB Trevor Lawrence, JAX (1 Viewer)

Brett McMurphy reports that Clemson sophomore QB Trevor Lawrence has taken out a $5 million insurance policy in the event that an injury makes him incapable of playing in the NFL.

It should come as no surprise that a player of Lawrence's caliber is taking out a policy. Lawrence, assuming he does stay healthy, will almost surely be a top-three pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. He seems to be well aware of how much money he would lose in the event that he gets injured at some point, be it in this year's championship game or next season. Savvy move on Lawrence's part.

SOURCE: Brett McMurphy on Twitter

Dec 30, 2019, 6:53 PM ET

Some say Lions should take Tua this year, but why not wait a year for a chance at this guy? Stafford would be on his last year and TL projects better for the long run.

Some say Lions should take Tua this year, but why not wait a year for a chance at this guy? Stafford would be on his last year and TL projects better for the long run.
Very possible(likely) the Lions aren't picking anywhere near high enough to get Lawrence. The Lions are picking 3rd because of bad luck and unbelievable injuries on offense. Every skill position starter but Golladay ended up on IR. 

More likely the Lions finish 8-8, then they pick in the top-3 again next year in my opinion.

He’s struggled tonight against an incredible team. I mean he’s probably gotten away with a little bit with such a strong team around him but this is the first loss of his 30 college games and he has over 75 tds. Will be interesting to see what kind of improvement he makes next year. Guy has Peyton size, strong arm, can run, the potential is all there but he has to step up in challenging spots. 

Clemson sophomore QB Trevor Lawrence completed 18-of-37 passes for 234 yards while rushing 10 times for 49 yards and a touchdown in Monday's 42-25 loss to LSU in the CFP National Championship presented by AT&T.

Lawrence (6'6/220) toppled the Alabama dynasty in 2018, but with his second shot at thrashing the SEC in 2019, he came up short. Lawrence struggled against an LSU defense that stepped up at the right time, completing around just half his passes for a mediocre 6.3 yards per pass. In terms of projecting the future, this loss means little for Lawrence and all his excellence, but it does rob him of the chance to have won three national titles in a row, which is somehow unthinkable yet within Lawrence’s grasp at one point. Expect Lawrence to come back with a vengeance in 2020.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:22 AM ET

This, to me, is the dumbest thing he can possibly do.  The dumbest thing any NFL player who's gaurenteed to be a top ten draft pick in next year's draft could do.

Look at Joey Bosa.  Once you're in the driver's seat never play another down unless you're getting paid.  It's just not worth it.
What about Bosa???

He's done enough to be a first round pick short of an injury  requiring an aputation.

That's what I'm saying.  Bosa was a locked in pick so he didn't play his final season.  Lawrence should follow his example.
In his junior year didn't Bosa opt to sit out the remainder of the season due to a groin injury?  He wisely decided to prepare for the NFL, but the injury prompted him to make that decision.  He played his junior year up to that point, IIRC.  

This, to me, is the dumbest thing he can possibly do.  The dumbest thing any NFL player who's gaurenteed to be a top ten draft pick in next year's draft could do.

Look at Joey Bosa.  Once you're in the driver's seat never play another down unless you're getting paid.  It's just not worth it.
nick bosa.......and clowney did something similar

That's what I'm saying.  Bosa was a locked in pick so he didn't play his final season.  Lawrence should follow his example.
Nick Bosa didn’t sit out his final season. He suffered a borderline season ending injury after logging three games. There’s a difference. 

One can always move up if that's the plan.
You need a ridiculous amount of draft capital first of all

And second of all even if you have it moving up is unlikely in the case of a prospect like Lawrence

Look at the Dolphins this year: all the draft capital they could hope for and tried to move up to number 1 reportedly but the Bengals were just not dealing that pick

To who though?  How many teams want a vet with the 12th highest salary?
There is always a market for a fringe top 10 QB or at least top 12 QB.

For all the young QBs coming up a portion of them will be sucky. And there are already enough teams in the league "a QB away from being legit"

Every game I've seen of Lawrence I've been underwhelmed. Does anyone else have concerns he's not this "all great" prospect everyone makes him out to be? I'm not saying he's terrible by any means, but is he really as good as his legend is being made to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Minshew might be good enough to get the Jags enough wins to get them out of being the worst team.

What team will need to draft a QB that could get the worst record this season?  

Users who are viewing this thread