What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*WAIVER WIRE PICK-UPS AFTER WEEK 2* (1 Viewer)

TZMarkie

Footballguy
 Time to get another week of pick-ups started.

With the apparent injury of David Johnson, I will throw out the first target........ CHASE EDMONDS.

Who all ya got???

TZM

Mostert looks like he could be the lead back in San Fran soon.  Worth a stash if he isn’t already picked up in your league.

Mostert looks like he could be the lead back in San Fran soon.  Worth a stash if he isn’t already picked up in your league.
Mostert looked good but so did Breida. And Wilson got the short yard TDs.

Definitely worth stashing Mostert but I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. 

Tyshun Samuel - Shanahan keeps playing games with Pettis and it looks like they after heavily trying to get Samuel the ball in space everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like Brees didn't have the zip to keep defenses honest so they kept creeping up.   I feel like Bridgewater will force them to respect the deep ball more
So you think the passing offense is better under Bridgewater than under Brees?  Ok.

So you think the passing offense is better under Bridgewater than under Brees?  Ok.
So would you feel like if we rolled Joe Montana out there today he'd be an upgrade over Brees?  We are looking at 40 year old diminished Brees and the Saints thought enough of Bridgewater to bring him back

Deebo Samuel

Cole Beasley

Damiere Byrd got targeted a lot (and Kirk if not already drafted/picked off the wire last week)

Is Bennie Fowler a short term pickup until Tate is back? Anything to see in Devin Smith on the Cowboys?

Rashaad Penny got work, his value will depend on how much Carson is punished for fumbles, and Penny's yards came mostly off of one long TD scamper, but he was used and looked sound.

Gore if not drafted/scooped in smaller leagues.

So would you feel like if we rolled Joe Montana out there today he'd be an upgrade over Brees?  We are looking at 40 year old diminished Brees and the Saints thought enough of Bridgewater to bring him back
No, I feel like Brees still has it and is a better QB than Bridgewater and I feel like the Saints feel the same way.

So for the record, you think Teddy should be the starter over a healthy Brees.

No, I feel like Brees still has it and is a better QB than Bridgewater and I feel like the Saints feel the same way.

So for the record, you think Teddy should be the starter over a healthy Brees.
No I think Brees is a great decision maker and leader.  In the NFL I'd take him all day, in a home game I take him all day.  I'm discussing this for fantasy purposes.  The saints shifted to a more run oriented look and they've been pedestrian outside of domes.  I think they can win more NFL games with Brees but I think Bridgewater can perhaps offer more fantasy production, that's my question.  Is the role such that having Thomas, Kamara and Cook, supplemented by Murray, Ginn and Smith, that's a lot of tools in the toolbox.

No I think Brees is a great decision maker and leader.  In the NFL I'd take him all day, in a home game I take him all day.  I'm discussing this for fantasy purposes.  The saints shifted to a more run oriented look and they've been pedestrian outside of domes.  I think they can win more NFL games with Brees but I think Bridgewater can perhaps offer more fantasy production, that's my question.  Is the role such that having Thomas, Kamara and Cook, supplemented by Murray, Ginn and Smith, that's a lot of tools in the toolbox.
lol I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but you're making it really hard. 

Being a great decision maker goes into fantasy stats.  You're saying that Brees doesn't have the 'zip' on the ball anymore (I strongly disagree) and that Bridgewater would have more passing yards/tds (fantasy points).

So in your opinion, under Brees, they will run the ball more which is better for them to win games.  Why wouldn't they run just as much under Bridgewater?  You're saying defenses would respect Bridgewaters deepball more than Brees' so that would mean more running under Bridgewater.  It's really not making sense.

In short, no.... Bridgewater would not in any way give better fantasy stats than Bridgewater would.  Only way would be if they're getting blown out and playing from behind more.

lol I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here but you're making it really hard. 

Being a great decision maker goes into fantasy stats.  You're saying that Brees doesn't have the 'zip' on the ball anymore (I strongly disagree) and that Bridgewater would have more passing yards/tds (fantasy points).

So in your opinion, under Brees, they will run the ball more which is better for them to win games.  Why wouldn't they run just as much under Bridgewater?  You're saying defenses would respect Bridgewaters deepball more than Brees' so that would mean more running under Bridgewater.  It's really not making sense.

In short, no.... Bridgewater would not in any way give better fantasy stats than Bridgewater would.  Only way would be if they're getting blown out and playing from behind more.
If the team is worse, will they be passing more late or running late?  

If the team is worse, will they be passing more late or running late?  
They'll be passing more.  But also likely had not many QB fantasy points in the first half.

With a big lead, they'll run more 2nd half... but that likely means the qb (Brees) had good fantasy points first half.

You're really trying to justify that original question but you're really stretching here man.

Good point. Im gonna go take a dump and think about this.

Robinson (KC) and Ross (Cin) are available, which one would you grab?
Ross because KC has become the new NE, outside of Brady and Gronk it’s a crapshoot, outside of Mahomes and Kelce it’s a crapshoot.

Tex

Is Bridgewater a QB1 if Brees misses time?  Have to think so with those weapons, he vaults up this list
Speaking as a Saints fan, IMO Bridgewater is fools gold.  I haven't seen anything from him that makes me confident about his ability to run this offense.

ETA: Bridgewater will have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long leash as a starter, so if he's slated to start you likely don't have to worry about him getting yanked if a half doesn't go well.

Speaking as a Saints fan, IMO Bridgewater is fools gold.  I haven't seen anything from him that makes me confident about his ability to run this offense.

ETA: Bridgewater will have a verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long leash as a starter, so if he's slated to start you likely don't have to worry about him getting yanked if a half doesn't go well.
Basing this on Hill’s present role?

Not gonna happen imo

Ross because KC has become the new NE, outside of Brady and Gronk it’s a crapshoot, outside of Mahomes and Kelce it’s a crapshoot.

Tex
Disagree.

In NE it's has been impossible to know what RB to start because they mix up who they use as the #1.

In KC, it appears that all of the WRs are #1's, so it may not matter which one you grab as long as you have at least one.

Disagree.

In NE it's has been impossible to know what RB to start because they mix up who they use as the #1.

In KC, it appears that all of the WRs are #1's, so it may not matter which one you grab as long as you have at least one.
Then you should have no problem posting the pecking order for the next game?

How did Watkins do in game one?

How did Watkins do in game two?

Where was Robinson in game one?

How did he do in game two?

Tex

I'm keeping an eye on Taysom Hill's eligibility. He played almost the entire second half at TE. If he moves into that position full-time in the next two weeks, and the fantasy sites start to classify him as QB/TE eligible, he'd be a steal if you could slot him at TE and he starts getting QB starts.
How does this happen?  Its just up to each sites discretion right?  I kind of recall Yahoo being the most liberal with Colston getting TE status back in the day

How does this happen?  Its just up to each sites discretion right?  I kind of recall Yahoo being the most liberal with Colston getting TE status back in the day
I could be wrong, but I thought that whatever designation they started as stayed throughout the rest of the season ie Colston, Samuels, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others (maybe Pryor?). I didn't think they amended their positions once the season started.  Oh, and Mack in IDP on Yahoo sites.  

I could be wrong, but I thought that whatever designation they started as stayed throughout the rest of the season ie Colston, Samuels, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few others (maybe Pryor?). I didn't think they amended their positions once the season started.  Oh, and Mack in IDP on Yahoo sites.  
I recall that it stayed as well.  Joe Webb would have been one of these guys but I'm not sure if it changed or he was always a WR/QB for  while

Mostert looked good but so did Breida. And Wilson got the short yard TDs.

Definitely worth stashing Mostert but I wouldn’t get my hopes too high. 
Felt like a game full of Shanahan trickeration.  Tons of misdirection plays and things to get the Bengals aggressive front line to chase and then take advantage of our terrible linebackers - not sure if this was a representative use case for 49ers players.

-QG

I have Brees and have 0 interest in picking up Bridgewater.  He didn't even score a TD today and he was QB for most of the game.  He has never performed as a great fantasy player.

Then you should have no problem posting the pecking order for the next game?

How did Watkins do in game one?

How did Watkins do in game two?

Where was Robinson in game one?

How did he do in game two?

Tex
I'm not going to get into a fight with you, Tex.  Watkins will score lots of points...but so will Robinson and Hardman.

Did you pick Watkins to finish below them for week #2? Neither did I.  Will he finish below them in week #3? Probably not...but that's not my point...whether he finishes with more points or fewer points, they will all score a lot of points.

Something that you simply can't count on with NE RBs given how they get used.

Users who are viewing this thread